PeterParker wrote:What my optimistic side thinks will happen:
The delay in reaching a decision, almost two years, makes me think this was partly about how the Premier League wanted to play this. If they came out and said we were completely innocent after spending years accusing us, they would look like clowns. I don’t think we will be found fully innocent, but I do believe some of the charges may not stick, particularly those relating to sponsorships and the way some of the information was obtained.
I also believe we know that Pinto, or whatever his name is, was paid to do what he did, and that could become important in the way some of the evidence is treated.
Moving forward, I think either the second panel or, eventually, the High Court of England and Wales could turn the current 1/5 outcome into something closer to 3/5 or 4/5. We might get a fine and perhaps a points deduction, say, around 10 points, but one carefully calculated not to affect our chances of finishing in the top four. Because if it did, we could make a very strong argument about the loss of Champions League revenue and the wider financial consequences.
At that point, I think we settle.
As much as I would love to see us go after the Premier League and really fight it all the way, I honestly don't think we will. I think we will probably take the easier way out: accept the punishment, avoid years of further litigation, and move on.
Not a fucking chance. We need to have everything levelled against us proven to be incorrect. It is now shit or get off the pot time. There will be no half measures from here, nor should we allow there to be.








