Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full House

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:58 pm

Mase wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Mase wrote:These “best manager ever” comments have zero relevance on what was said. It’s weird, almost like people are giving him an excuse. It’s absolutely nothing to do with what was said.

If you’re happy to put a manager that won’t be here in a few years before the club then fair enough.

Not what anyone said mate.


But it seems like it’s being used as a badge for him to say anything he wants. Otherwise why mention it? It’s so random.

I can’t talk for others but it was clear to me what he meant. Lost in translation, maybe.

Anyway I don’t care. Way I see it is we play the best football in the world thanks to pep. I don’t think that the post pep era will offer anywhere near the same. Even if we do eventually win a CL (which I’d love).

So for me, I just want to enjoy the pep days and look at the positives (which is not like me).
Image
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10044
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:32 am
Location: london
Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:59 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/jan/02/newsstory.manchesterunited

Feel free to share with Rags that keep mentioning Pep’s comments.
Mase
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 29713
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby Wooders » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:59 pm

Sometimes in business, no matter how good a managing directors CV is or how much success they enjoy, comes a point where mistakes can no longer be ignored - I feel like we are at or getting very close to that point with guardiola
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15495
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: UK
Supporter of: City

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:00 pm

It’s chip paper, burying the scums defeat.
Hazy2
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8879
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby Wooders » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:00 pm

Hazy2 wrote:It’s chip paper, burying the scums defeat.



He shouldn’t be offering up such easy fodder
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15495
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: UK
Supporter of: City

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:03 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Mase wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Mase wrote:These “best manager ever” comments have zero relevance on what was said. It’s weird, almost like people are giving him an excuse. It’s absolutely nothing to do with what was said.

If you’re happy to put a manager that won’t be here in a few years before the club then fair enough.

Not what anyone said mate.


But it seems like it’s being used as a badge for him to say anything he wants. Otherwise why mention it? It’s so random.

I can’t talk for others but it was clear to me what he meant. Lost in translation, maybe.

Anyway I don’t care. Way I see it is we play the best football in the world thanks to pep. I don’t think that the post pep era will offer anywhere near the same. Even if we do eventually win a CL (which I’d love).

So for me, I just want to enjoy the pep days and look at the positives (which is not like me).


It’s also worth pointing out that his latest comments about not being like rags and dippers sounded to me like he was saying that City are unique, in a positive way. We don’t want to be like those cunts.
Image
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10044
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:32 am
Location: london
Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby blues2win » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:03 pm

This thread should end. All I care about is three points tomorrow.
blues2win
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8727
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:03 am
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:19 pm

blues2win wrote:This thread should end. All I care about is three points tomorrow.

To be fair who can argue with that.
Ban politics from sport
Harry Dowd scored
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4857
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:01 pm
Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby blues2win » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:20 pm

This thread should end. All I care about is three points tomorrow.
blues2win
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8727
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:03 am
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:21 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
blues2win wrote:This thread should end. All I care about is three points tomorrow.

To be fair who can argue with that.


Sounds like Pep, insinuating all other fans don’t care about the 3 points.
















That’s a joke btw.
Mase
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 29713
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby nottsblue » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:22 pm

Hazy2 wrote:It’s chip paper, burying the scums defeat.

I think it's more to do with the fact that the rags have announced a massive loss for the second successive season

FFP?
nottsblue
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22725
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:23 pm

Wooders wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:It’s chip paper, burying the scums defeat.



He shouldn’t be offering up such easy fodder


It’s a joke that it’s still going on here 3 rags at 5 a side last night nothing said. Move onto Saturday.
Hazy2
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8879
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby zabbadabbado » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:35 pm

Pep could always stop digging.

It is an option for him.......

Instead we get " i will say what the fuck i want ,when i want!!.Don't like it i could always fuck off.

Like a fucking Man Child.

Just admit you made a mistake you Bald prick. Matters not,if it was took out of context, or not took out of context, because of your stupid comments everyone is taking the piss out of us. again

That is the real issue here you silly twat.

Feeding our enemies with you digs at our fan base.

I thought he was in a bad mood all the night ,chastising Mahrez, and Grealish in full view of the TV Cameras.

So he sees a few empty seats and he is off on his "Shit fans" rant again.

Going on about turn out for Southampton after our first 2 sell out home games of 50,000 + fans.

He is fully responsible for the unsubstantiated "Emptyhad" references.

Reality is we are one of the best supported Clubs in the country.

His bastard love child Barcelona couldn't even fill the Nou Camp in a tier 1 champions League game against Bayern Munich ffs :roll: :roll:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:42 pm
Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:07 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Pep could always stop digging.

It is an option for him.......

Instead we get " i will say what the fuck i want ,when i want!!.Don't like it i could always fuck off.

Like a fucking Man Child.

Just admit you made a mistake you Bald prick. Matters not,if it was took out of context, or not took out of context, because of your stupid comments everyone is taking the piss out of us. again

That is the real issue here you silly twat.

Feeding our enemies with you digs at our fan base.

I thought he was in a bad mood all the night ,chastising Mahrez, and Grealish in full view of the TV Cameras.

So he sees a few empty seats and he is off on his "Shit fans" rant again.

Going on about turn out for Southampton after our first 2 sell out home games of 50,000 + fans.

He is fully responsible for the unsubstantiated "Emptyhad" references.

Reality is we are one of the best supported Clubs in the country.

His bastard love child Barcelona couldn't even fill the Nou Camp in a tier 1 champions League game against Bayern Munich ffs :roll: :roll:


Your feelings are shared by many mate - I’ve had nothing but grief from rags today and all thanks to baldies mouth .

We just have to accept we have some fans who couldn’t care less what baldie says about us fans , just so long as we are winning they are happy for him to give ammunition to the enemy .

Sad.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 28125
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Supporter of: Man City

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:44 pm

All completely unnecessary - except for the Guardiola agenda. Not petulance, it's his clear strategy to deliberately alienate the fans and use the fallout as a pretext for moving on - likened elsewhere to a Cheshire wag luring a scruffy lottery winner for a bit of light relief before extracting enough of his loot to catch a rich replacement ....
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8164
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Speaking of the defencing champions, here's Pep Guardiola, and the Manchester City boss is immediately asked about the response of Kevin Parker, general secretary of City's official supporters' club, to Guardiola's call for more fans to turn up on Saturday.

"I am not going to apologise for what I said," said Guardiola. "It's not the first time I've said it in my career, I said it at Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

"When we play a tough game, like RB Leipzig was, and play three games [soon] after, I know how difficult it is, to ask for us all to do it again on Saturday. What I said was we need the support, it doesn't matter how many people come, but I invite them to come and enjoy the game because we need the support.

"I am entirely grateful for the support that we had against Leipzig. I always say if guys want to come we will be incredibly grateful because I know how difficult the game will be and I know we need our people. I never sit here and ask why people don't come. If you don't come then don't. I will not apologise to him [Kevin Parker]."

There you have it, is he saying the atmosphere or the amount of people?

Sounds the way I heard it the first time.


Atmosphere or fans ?

He was having a dig at the fans not coming - that’s how it sounds and that’s how he put it .

He’s clarified that he doesn’t have to apologies because he wasn’t having a.dig at the fans. I heard it at the time and took no offence whatsoever, thinking that something more came following his comment. It was a poor way to put it across but all he was doing was rallying the troops.

You can take it whatever way you want, which I will do also. I won’t worry about the Red led media or those that have an axe to grind, I’ll just be hoping Pep and the Boys win their next.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 42062
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:54 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:Pep could always stop digging.

It is an option for him.......

Instead we get " i will say what the fuck i want ,when i want!!.Don't like it i could always fuck off.

Like a fucking Man Child.

Just admit you made a mistake you Bald prick. Matters not,if it was took out of context, or not took out of context, because of your stupid comments everyone is taking the piss out of us. again

That is the real issue here you silly twat.

Feeding our enemies with you digs at our fan base.

I thought he was in a bad mood all the night ,chastising Mahrez, and Grealish in full view of the TV Cameras.

So he sees a few empty seats and he is off on his "Shit fans" rant again.

Going on about turn out for Southampton after our first 2 sell out home games of 50,000 + fans.

He is fully responsible for the unsubstantiated "Emptyhad" references.

Reality is we are one of the best supported Clubs in the country.

His bastard love child Barcelona couldn't even fill the Nou Camp in a tier 1 champions League game against Bayern Munich ffs :roll: :roll:


Your feelings are shared by many mate - I’ve had nothing but grief from rags today and all thanks to baldies mouth .

We just have to accept we have some fans who couldn’t care less what baldie says about us fans , just so long as we are winning they are happy for him to give ammunition to the enemy .

Sad.

To be fair, if he really was having a go at the fans he wasn’t talking about fans like us who rarely make a midweek game due to where they live, it would be for those who are close and should rightly get slated if that was the case.

Funny though, my son has changed his plans and took up a ticket that’s been offered instead of it being left empty.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 42062
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby Bobvilla » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:55 pm

Some people on here with very short memories who need to remember where we came from not 20 years ago. Decrepid stadium, shed as a shop store, selling the rights to our own badge, verging on bankruptcy, winning nowt! Yet here we are now and they still moan about everything, the price of pies, tickets prices (that are still cheap for top flight football) and yet leave 10 mins before the final whistle just to get to the pub before anyone else.Hung up on still booing UEFA after all these years rather than rising above it, not interested in attending CL games (but then complaining when we dont win it), wanting possibly the best manager ever out of the club for a few misjudged comments. Those people will be sorry if he is driven out of the club, don't for one minute think we'll just carry on winning PLs and challenging year on year CLs, it isn't that easy, we are VERY lucky to be in this position, an it's mainly due to Pep. I'm sure this post will take some stick judging by what seems to be widespread distain for our great manager but some people need a reality check! Get behind our manager!
Bobvilla
Bianchi's Matchday Snood
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:31 pm
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Kdb

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:05 pm

Bobvilla wrote:Some people on here with very short memories who need to remember where we came from not 20 years ago. Decrepid stadium, shed as a shop store, selling the rights to our own badge, verging on bankruptcy, winning nowt! Yet here we are now and they still moan about everything, the price of pies, tickets prices (that are still cheap for top flight football) and yet leave 10 mins before the final whistle just to get to the pub before anyone else.Hung up on still booing UEFA after all these years rather than rising above it, not interested in attending CL games (but then complaining when we dont win it), wanting possibly the best manager ever out of the club for a few misjudged comments. Those people will be sorry if he is driven out of the club, don't for one minute think we'll just carry on winning PLs and challenging year on year CLs, it isn't that easy, we are VERY lucky to be in this position, an it's mainly due to Pep. I'm sure this post will take some stick judging by what seems to be widespread distain for our great manager but some people need a reality check! Get behind our manager!


Who isn’t behind him? I’m sure every fan wants the club to do well, and will support him.

What’s that got to do with disagreeing with his comments though?
Mase
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 29713
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:09 pm

Bobvilla wrote:Some people on here with very short memories who need to remember where we came from not 20 years ago. Decrepid stadium, shed as a shop store, selling the rights to our own badge, verging on bankruptcy, winning nowt! Yet here we are now and they still moan about everything, the price of pies, tickets prices (that are still cheap for top flight football) and yet leave 10 mins before the final whistle just to get to the pub before anyone else.Hung up on still booing UEFA after all these years rather than rising above it, not interested in attending CL games (but then complaining when we dont win it), wanting possibly the best manager ever out of the club for a few misjudged comments. Those people will be sorry if he is driven out of the club, don't for one minute think we'll just carry on winning PLs and challenging year on year CLs, it isn't that easy, we are VERY lucky to be in this position, an it's mainly due to Pep. I'm sure this post will take some stick judging by what seems to be widespread distain for our great manager but some people need a reality check! Get behind our manager!

Probably a little over the top but overall is something that has to be taken on board. You’ll find a lot of stuff on most boards is over the top and sometimes Blues showing their Big Blue credentials. It’s like those people who want to take offence at things just so they can have a whinge.

I don’t know Pep and can only judge him on what he does. I personally didn’t take offence at his comments and took it for what it was but it is understandable why those who are local and fucked off with the ticketing system/transport issues would be disappointed in the comments as they would have felt aggrieved on many levels.

As for the media, and their take, it was always going to be a stick to beat us with. We have beat them at every turn and the FFP situation turned them so bitter that they can’t give us any credit whatsoever now, and to have a chance of trying to segregate us from the club, of which Pep is the front, is high on the agenda. The fact that some fans will go to the media and voice this probably says where some of our fanbase is at the moment.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 42062
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blue Philistine, Bluemoon4610, CTID Hants, Google [Bot], john@staustell, Majestic-12 [Bot], Mase, nottsblue, rosbif cuisson 'bleu', s1ty m, salford city, Wooders, Yukscore and 63 guests