Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby johnny crossan » Fri May 03, 2024 4:36 pm

Outcast wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Nick wrote:Why not wirtz???
Off to Bayern 100% with his manager probably.

100% or probably?

Which is it JC?

For what it’s worth I think Alonso is off to Bayern in a year, it’s probably why they were sniffing round Rangnick as a short term replacement.

But Leverkusen, although having just won the Bundesliga and look like they could do a treble as well, are still a relatively small club on a low budget. Who if offered big money now would be reluctant to pass over


JC would rather us spend 250m on 10 players than 1 that would improves us and calls it good business. We don't need squad players, rather that went to our excellent academy players, I don't think it's sinking in, we need A factor kind of signing.
You boys crack me up. Wirtz 100% Alonso probably. So if we can't have him or Valverde - who has just extended until 2029 - it's the EDS then :lol:
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11877
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby nottsblue » Fri May 03, 2024 4:42 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Outcast wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Nick wrote:Why not wirtz???
Off to Bayern 100% with his manager probably.

100% or probably?

Which is it JC?

For what it’s worth I think Alonso is off to Bayern in a year, it’s probably why they were sniffing round Rangnick as a short term replacement.

But Leverkusen, although having just won the Bundesliga and look like they could do a treble as well, are still a relatively small club on a low budget. Who if offered big money now would be reluctant to pass over


JC would rather us spend 250m on 10 players than 1 that would improves us and calls it good business. We don't need squad players, rather that went to our excellent academy players, I don't think it's sinking in, we need A factor kind of signing.
You boys crack me up. Wirtz 100% Alonso probably. So if we can't have him or Valverde - who has just extended until 2029 - it's the EDS then :lol:

So because Valverde has a contract it means we can't buy him? Granted it means we pay premium, but is it not better to buy quality first time out

Ever heard the phrase "buy cheap buy twice"?
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 30340
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri May 03, 2024 4:43 pm

blues2win wrote:Scroll up mate.

Oops sorry
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10327
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:01 pm
Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby blues2win » Fri May 03, 2024 5:48 pm

blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13213
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:03 am
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby carolina-blue » Fri May 03, 2024 6:16 pm

The blood of two great legends and MCFC running through his veins Good luck Tommy lad all the best for your future
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3588
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:55 pm

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby johnny crossan » Fri May 03, 2024 7:52 pm

nottsblue wrote:So because Valverde has a contract it means we can't buy him? Granted it means we pay premium, but is it not better to buy quality first time out. Ever heard the phrase "buy cheap buy twice"?
one billion euro release clause apparently ;) Dani Olmo might be a runner
https://onefootball.com/en/news/dani-ol ... y-39305662
- ex Barca of course.
Watch on youtube.com
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11877
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby johnny crossan » Thu May 09, 2024 9:12 pm

Paqueta set to be charged or cleared by next week - odds on the latter and City to pounce. Much prefer him to Olmo.
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11877
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby zuricity » Thu May 09, 2024 10:28 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Paqueta set to be charged or cleared by next week - odds on the latter and City to pounce. Much prefer him to Olmo.


Olmo anyday better than Paqueta.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17245
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby salford city » Fri May 10, 2024 6:30 am

zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Paqueta set to be charged or cleared by next week - odds on the latter and City to pounce. Much prefer him to Olmo.


Olmo anyday better than Paqueta.


Agree with this tidy player without the drama
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5252
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Mase » Fri May 10, 2024 6:58 am

salford city wrote:
zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Paqueta set to be charged or cleared by next week - odds on the latter and City to pounce. Much prefer him to Olmo.


Olmo anyday better than Paqueta.


Agree with this tidy player without the drama


And doesn’t look like a skinny Homer Simpson like Paqueta
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 40015
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Mase » Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 am

Yan is wanted by a few Prem clubs according to the BBC Gossip page. Wouldn’t be a bad idea to have him go on loan to one without an option to buy. Would have to be a top half team, possibly a Brighton.

No point in these loans to shitty teams like Sheff United. McAtee hasn’t learnt anything this season and would have been better staying with us. He’ll be sold in the summer now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 40015
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri May 10, 2024 8:15 am

Mase wrote:Yan is wanted by a few Prem clubs according to the BBC Gossip page. Wouldn’t be a bad idea to have him go on loan to one without an option to buy. Would have to be a top half team, possibly a Brighton.

No point in these loans to shitty teams like Sheff United. McAtee hasn’t learnt anything this season and would have been better staying with us. He’ll be sold in the summer now.


wonder where mcatee will end up? same goes for harwood-bellis, callum doyle and liam delap... also interesting to see what fees they bring in.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17803
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Mase » Fri May 10, 2024 8:21 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:Yan is wanted by a few Prem clubs according to the BBC Gossip page. Wouldn’t be a bad idea to have him go on loan to one without an option to buy. Would have to be a top half team, possibly a Brighton.

No point in these loans to shitty teams like Sheff United. McAtee hasn’t learnt anything this season and would have been better staying with us. He’ll be sold in the summer now.


wonder where mcatee will end up? same goes for harwood-bellis, callum doyle and liam delap... also interesting to see what fees they bring in.


Doyle is still only 20 and will probably have another year on loan at Leicester in the Prem, hopefully. Goes against what I just said, but I think with him there’s either that or another Championship club.

Yan Couto is different as he’s been playing for a team that’s done well in the top division of Spain and by all accounts he’s had a decent season. Theres an argument that he should probably stay here and work under Walker learning from him, if he’s to be his long term replacement. Pep loved Dani Alves and Yan is a similar player - so it’ll be interesting to see what happens.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 40015
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Nick » Fri May 10, 2024 8:37 am

Thought callum doyle was the best thing since sliced bread ?
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9044
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:50 pm
Location: MANCHESTER

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri May 10, 2024 9:05 am

Nick wrote:Thought callum doyle was the best thing since sliced bread ?


i think he's decent but having spent the last 3 seasons out on loan, i very much doubt that he'll be in our first team plans
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17803
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Mase » Fri May 10, 2024 10:42 am

Doyle had a big injury last season that kept him out for months.

He’ll probably be as good as this Braithwaite fella that everyone is saying is worth £60-80m. We won’t get that, we’ll sell him to another team and then they’ll sell him for that amount.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 40015
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Dubciteh » Fri May 10, 2024 11:12 am

i think THB to southampton is mandatory if they get promoted.

He will be another sold on for a huge fee eventually. Surprised Burnley didnt buy him, they have had a huge gap in their defence this season and might have stayed up.

Mase is right, Branthwaite or THB not much difference. We will get 50p and everton 60-80 m!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8403
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:49 am
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Mase » Fri May 10, 2024 11:18 am

Dubciteh wrote:i think THB to southampton is mandatory if they get promoted.

He will be another sold on for a huge fee eventually. Surprised Burnley didnt buy him, they have had a huge gap in their defence this season and might have stayed up.

Mase is right, Branthwaite or THB not much difference. We will get 50p and everton 60-80 m!


My mate is a Blackburn fan. They had both H-B and Braitwaite on loan. He said Harwood-Bellis was ten times the player. More commanding, more comfortable with the ball at his feet, more of a leader.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 40015
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby salford city » Fri May 10, 2024 11:31 am

Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:i think THB to southampton is mandatory if they get promoted.

He will be another sold on for a huge fee eventually. Surprised Burnley didnt buy him, they have had a huge gap in their defence this season and might have stayed up.

Mase is right, Branthwaite or THB not much difference. We will get 50p and everton 60-80 m!


My mate is a Blackburn fan. They had both H-B and Braitwaite on loan. He said Harwood-Bellis was ten times the player. More commanding, more comfortable with the ball at his feet, more of a leader.


Always rated THB didn't understand why we let him leave but we obviously did not think he would make it. Be interesting to see him in the PL as ireckon Saints will come up
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5252
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby johnny crossan » Fri May 10, 2024 8:36 pm

Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:
zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Paqueta set to be charged or cleared by next week - odds on the latter and City to pounce. Much prefer him to Olmo.


Olmo anyday better than Paqueta.


Agree with this tidy player without the drama


And doesn’t look like a skinny Homer Simpson like Paqueta

there'll be some serious backtracking on here when Lucas rocks up in the summer :lol:
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11877
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 187 guests