Summer 2023 transfer window

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer 2023 transfer window

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:42 am

Wait; he had 18 starts in the Prem last season and 28 the season before. I need my eye checking ffs!!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 39218
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Summer 2023 transfer window

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:25 pm



Can’t wait to never see him play.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 39218
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Summer 2023 transfer window

Postby PeterParker » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:33 am

Odd one, but it seems we are linked with Kovacic, advanced talks if you listen to the media.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21366
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Summer 2023 transfer window

Postby john@staustell » Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:27 pm

PeterParker wrote:Odd one, but it seems we are linked with Kovacic, advanced talks if you listen to the media.


Looks decent at Sevilla how old is he now?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
User avatar
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18815
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: St Austell
Supporter of: City

Re: Summer 2023 transfer window

Postby PeterParker » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:04 pm

john@staustell wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Odd one, but it seems we are linked with Kovacic, advanced talks if you listen to the media.


Looks decent at Sevilla how old is he now?


That’s Rakitic.
This is the one from Chelsea. He is going to be 29 next month
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21366
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Summer 2023 transfer window

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:32 am

I like kovacic. Would be a good signing.

I see we are linked with aaron hickey from brentford, so annoying as i was punting us to sign him when he was at bologna and was cheap as chips
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8358
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:49 am
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Summer 2023 transfer window

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:36 pm

This popped up in my feed

Sheffield want Tommy on permanent transfer, with the lad already expressed his love his time at bramall lane.

Sheffield can be promoted as early as Wednesday if they beat West Brom.

Once promoted, under premier league rules one parent club cannot loan more than one player to a revial club.

Meaning the present loan situation cannot continue. So they want to buy Tommy and keep James on loan!

Full article below..... but personally i would like to see Tommy move to another championship hopeful or even a lower prem team.

But deffo not sold

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ct-4116810
Born A Blue

Image
User avatar
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13482
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:33 pm
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

Re: Summer 2023 transfer window

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:53 pm

CTID Hants wrote:This popped up in my feed

Sheffield want Tommy on permanent transfer, with the lad already expressed his love his time at bramall lane.

Sheffield can be promoted as early as Wednesday if they beat West Brom.

Once promoted, under premier league rules one parent club cannot loan more than one player to a revial club.

Meaning the present loan situation cannot continue. So they want to buy Tommy and keep James on loan!

Full article below..... but personally i would like to see Tommy move to another championship hopeful or even a lower prem team.

But deffo not sold

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ct-4116810


This is where the buy back clauses come in handy - when the kids an actual City fan. Lavia and these other kids don’t support City, so there’s no guarantee they’d want to come back. Tommy is a life long City fan with links to City before he was even born. If we do sell him, put a buy back in there and if we ever are interested at least it’s 99% sure he’d come back.

Either way, I hope he has a class career.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 39218
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Summer 2023 transfer window

Postby stupot » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:23 pm

Mase wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:This popped up in my feed

Sheffield want Tommy on permanent transfer, with the lad already expressed his love his time at bramall lane.

Sheffield can be promoted as early as Wednesday if they beat West Brom.

Once promoted, under premier league rules one parent club cannot loan more than one player to a revial club.

Meaning the present loan situation cannot continue. So they want to buy Tommy and keep James on loan!

Full article below..... but personally i would like to see Tommy move to another championship hopeful or even a lower prem team.

But deffo not sold

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ct-4116810


This is where the buy back clauses come in handy - when the kids an actual City fan. Lavia and these other kids don’t support City, so there’s no guarantee they’d want to come back. Tommy is a life long City fan with links to City before he was even born. If we do sell him, put a buy back in there and if we ever are interested at least it’s 99% sure he’d come back.

Either way, I hope he has a class career.

I was chatting with some Blades at the weekend and the impression there is they've got no chance of signing McAtee as he's far too good for them but they've every chance of signing Doyle as he's nowhere near good enough for us. He's 22 this year. He'll probably be a decent Championship player and another nice chunk of money for us from the Academy.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1724
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:23 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Summer 2023 transfer window

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:09 pm

I see Phillips is linked with the dippers for 35m would you let him go there?? I dont think I would, well not for a loss in year one but just not there in general. Anywhere else and if we could get our money back then snap their hands off.

I think we could get the guts of 100m from the players we have on loan in the championship. It would be great business to offload them all with buy back clauses. Only one id keep is mcatee, let him take palmers place in the squad and let palmer go on loan for a year.

Im hoping we get 20m plus off Vinny for gomez but that might be wishful thinking!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8358
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:49 am
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Summer 2023 transfer window

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:28 pm

Dubciteh wrote:I see Phillips is linked with the dippers for 35m would you let him go there?? I dont think I would, well not for a loss in year one but just not there in general. Anywhere else and if we could get our money back then snap their hands off.

I think we could get the guts of 100m from the players we have on loan in the championship. It would be great business to offload them all with buy back clauses. Only one id keep is mcatee, let him take palmers place in the squad and let palmer go on loan for a year.

Im hoping we get 20m plus off Vinny for gomez but that might be wishful thinking!


I'd let Phillips go anywhere for 35m, what with him being wank.

The Blade I had pints with on Saturday said Doyle was very good - I think a sale with a sell on would suit everyone.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6681
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: Leeds/Manchester

Re: Summer 2023 transfer window

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:58 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:I see Phillips is linked with the dippers for 35m would you let him go there?? I dont think I would, well not for a loss in year one but just not there in general. Anywhere else and if we could get our money back then snap their hands off.

I think we could get the guts of 100m from the players we have on loan in the championship. It would be great business to offload them all with buy back clauses. Only one id keep is mcatee, let him take palmers place in the squad and let palmer go on loan for a year.

Im hoping we get 20m plus off Vinny for gomez but that might be wishful thinking!


I'd let Phillips go anywhere for 35m, what with him being wank.

The Blade I had pints with on Saturday said Doyle was very good - I think a sale with a sell on would suit everyone.

Agree on both counts
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 29809
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CTID Hants, Dubaimancityfan and 364 guests