***city v spurs official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v spurs official match thread***

Postby nottsblue » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:02 pm

One of the worst referring calls of recent memory. However, we still only scored once and yet again the midfield just does not function as well as the oppositions when Yaya is in there. For me, the PL has now gone and as such I'd field the first team at Chelsea in the cup. It's a pot and if the dippers win in the C1C final we will end up potless as we won't win the CL or the PL. I know it isn't over till it's over but unlike our two previous title campaigns we are just not clicking this time round and that's the reason I don't think we will win the PL this time.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dub City » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:26 pm

phips wrote:
johnny99 wrote:I think pep will be in for a shock when he comes up against all these fucking bent or incompetent refs
Clettenburg has always had an agenda against us in my opinion

except for when he sent off Evans in the derby which resulted in a 6-1 battering.

And then didn't give a blatant pen for a foul on Richards , at best he is horribly incompetent but I know what I'd call it
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:23 am

Referee was Bent but we lost because the stubborn fuckign bellened that is our manager keeps on playing YAYA fyuckign LUMP OF SHIT TOURE every fuckign game and he costs us ...thats West Ham , Leicester and now fuckign Spurs.

GET FUCKED.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:02 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Referee was Bent but we lost because the stubborn fuckign bellened that is our manager keeps on playing YAYA fyuckign LUMP OF SHIT TOURE every fuckign game and he costs us ...thats West Ham , Leicester and now fuckign Spurs.

GET FUCKED.

Get a fucking grip of reality. Yes Yaya has been poor, he's on the decline, no arguments but he didn't cost us that game, he put in a decent effort yesterday. We were done by shit officiating.

And btw what fucking choice did the manager have but to play him yesterday?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:00 am

You can help it edge.
You can help it by not insinuating disharmony like some fucking second rate pundit.

You can state exactly what you believe it to be, citing reasons and producing evidence.

Like a normal person would.

Instead of "just throwing it out there "

I found it strange as well mate. I reckon that the rest of you are right, that he did his thing while the rest wanted to get back to start again as soon as possible, but I still find it strange. It might mean something, it might mean nothing. Still strange.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:05 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
You can help it edge.
You can help it by not insinuating disharmony like some fucking second rate pundit.

You can state exactly what you believe it to be, citing reasons and producing evidence.

Like a normal person would.

Instead of "just throwing it out there "

I found it strange as well mate. I reckon that the rest of you are right, that he did his thing while the rest wanted to get back to start again as soon as possible, but I still find it strange. It might mean something, it might mean nothing. Still strange.

What is strange about it?

Can't blame Kelechi for wanting to celebrate but he showed his inexperience in this instance.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:16 am

Can't blame Kelechi for wanting to celebrate but he showed his inexperience in this instance.

Yeah I thought it was strange that noone celebrated with him because that's what players usuallty do, then I read a few posts here and thought, well yeah, that probably explains it. But one has to be able to post that one thought it was strange without being accused of insinuating something, right?

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:54 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Yeah I thought it was strange that noone celebrated with him because that's what players usuallty do, then I read a few posts here and thought, well yeah, that probably explains it. But one has to be able to post that one thought it was strange without being accused of insinuating something, right?

When you follow that up with there's something not right in the camp in light of the players not celebrating with Kelechi then I think it's fair to assume he's insinuating there's something not right in the camp? No?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:19 am

I haven't seen the replay of yesterday's match, however when Mancini was boss EVERY play celebrated every goal. Whether it was something they came up with and all agreed to it I'm not sure. But for every goal the defenders came up and celebrated with the rest of the team teamed (bar the odd one or two obviously). Not sure if that's still a thing that they do?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:21 am

When you follow that up with there's something not right in the camp in light of the players not celebrating with Kelechi then I think it's fair to assume he's insinuating there's something not right in the camp? No?

I've not insinuated that there's anything wrong within the camp in this particular instance, why would you think so? And even if I was, why is that not ok?

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:29 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

I've not insinuated that there's anything wrong within the camp in this particular instance, why would you think so? And even if I was, why is that not ok?

I'm talking about Edge's insinuations, I assumed that's what we were both talking about.

There's nothing wrong with it if you back it up with something substantial but if you're going to suggest there's something not right on the back of the players not celebrating with Kelechi in them circumstances yesterday then you're no better than the gutter press and their shit stirring.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby patrickblue » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:33 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Referee was Bent but we lost because the stubborn fuckign bellened that is our manager keeps on playing YAYA fyuckign LUMP OF SHIT TOURE every fuckign game and he costs us ...thats West Ham , Leicester and now fuckign Spurs.

GET FUCKED.

Get a fucking grip of reality. Yes Yaya has been poor, he's on the decline, no arguments but he didn't cost us that game, he put in a decent effort yesterday. We were done by shit officiating.

And btw what fucking choice did the manager have but to play him yesterday?

Got to agree with that, you're letting your gripe with Yaya blinker you Carl.
He has been shit most of the season, and he is past it, and his agent's a cnut, but he had a decent game yesterday.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:42 am

Sorry FBD, wrote a pretty petty post. Deleted it. Bitter about yesterday and took it out on you. Apologies.

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:44 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:Sorry FBD, wrote a pretty petty post. Deleted it. Bitter about yesterday and took it out on you. Apologies.

I read it mate and I didn't get it at all. You brought up the thing about insinuations, the only person accused of making insinuations was Edge, so I don't get why you're on the defensive, I never suggested you made any insinuation. That is why, like I said above, I assumed we were both talking about Edge.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:47 am

Whatever, let's just move on. Nacho's goal was a peach and I'm happy for him. I'm hope everyone else is as well.

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dave watson's perm » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:55 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:Whatever, let's just move on. Nacho's goal was a peach and I'm happy for him. I'm hope everyone else is as well.

Yes it was well taken and he should now be given a start for the rest of the season if we are to have a hope of the league.
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:03 pm

dave watson's perm wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:Whatever, let's just move on. Nacho's goal was a peach and I'm happy for him. I'm hope everyone else is as well.

Yes it was well taken and he should now be given a start for the rest of the season if we are to have a hope of the league.

Brilliant from Clichy to outstrip Walker for pace and a perfect pull back, great run from deep from Kelechi and he took it with aplomb. Credit to Aguero too for his near post run drawing the defence with him which opened the space behind, one of the few good things Aguero did in the game.

As for Kelechi starting, are we now advocating going back to a 4-4-2?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:07 pm

Brilliant from Clichy to outstrip Walker for pace and a perfect pull back, great run from deep from Kelechi and he took it with aplomb. Credit to Aguero too for his near post run drawing the defence with him which opened the space behind, one of the few good things Aguero did in the game.

Why the fcuk did he replace Clichy he was on fire, best game in weeks, and AK allows the scorer to walk past him, just seen it. We can still do it IMHO.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:13 pm

I'd go back to 442 myself.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dameerto » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:15 pm

The move that resulted in the goal would have worked with Nacho as an attacking midfielder, and we tend to shift formations mid-match if we're not comfortably ahead anyway - what we need to do is use Nacho while he is an unknown quantity in the Premier League because by next season they'll know all about him.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum