Pogba

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pogba

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:15 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:I can feel it in my waters that we are gonna sign him.
y

I'd kiss Ted on the mouth if we land him.

Cheers

christ. that makes eating herb's shit sound tame.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:19 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:I can feel it in my waters that we are gonna sign him.
y

Cheers

Ahh but Ted is actually a computer.

This is a picture from when we won the title in 2012.Image
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:39 pm

Then you can kiss my floppy disk.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:41 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Then you can kiss my floppy disk.

At least we agree it's floppy and not a hard drive. If I had to guess it would have been a flash drive tbh. Not a lot of storage. No moving parts. Boom.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Herb » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:30 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
y

Cheers

It was tame because you were tamed to do it and you enjoyed it nevertheless didn't you Mr Tickle eh?

Or do we strap the gimp mask onto your misshapen head and lock you back in the naughty box until you get your appetite back again?
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:42 pm

Herb wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
y

Cheers

It was tame because you were tamed to do it and you enjoyed it nevertheless didn't you Mr Tickle eh?

Or do we strap the gimp mask onto your misshapen head and lock you back in the naughty box until you get your appetite back again?

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!

Weirdo.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Herb » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:55 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Herb wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
y

Cheers

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!

Weirdo.

Cheers

Tales of my demise were wild exaggerations and I'm back, albeit fleetingly, to remove the arrogant smirk from Tickles homemade face by way of a metaphoric slap with a wet fish. . I've now slapped him and I will depart to allow him to recover a modicum of confidence by barking into the night . . my aim is not to destroy him but to train him.
I've started with toilet training and he's coming along nicely . . well showing some promise actually . . well, a little bit anyhow.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby freshie » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:45 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Herb wrote:It was tame because you were tamed to do it and you enjoyed it nevertheless didn't you Mr Tickle eh?

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!

Weirdo.

Cheers

Tales of my demise were wild exaggerations and I'm back, albeit fleetingly, to remove the arrogant smirk from Tickles homemade face by way of a metaphoric slap with a wet fish. . I've now slapped him and I will depart to allow him to recover a modicum of confidence by barking into the night . . my aim is not to destroy him but to train him.
I've started with toilet training and he's coming along nicely . . well showing some promise actually . . well, a little bit anyhow.[/quote]

freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby harknowhear » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:29 am

gillie wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
harknowhear wrote:apparently along with the image rights we are also looking to negotiate the agent fee which is currently at 10%. I don't think we will get much movement with this until next week where the barca election will determine our position in the pecking order.

Barca are out of the game mate. Pogba strikes me as, like Sterling, a very ambitious player who is in a hurry. He aint gonna wait until some point when Barca may or may not be allowed to sign players, bearing in mind this isn't even to do with Neymar yet, just another scandal they are banned for!

The Messi tax business and the Neymar fiasco are still to come

I'm probably being thick here but how are Barca able to offer contracts to players when they are banned from signing anyone for 2 transfer windows?

Bit of a farce really. It's called a transfer ban but it's really a registration ban. They can buy who they like but cannot register them as a barca player until the Jan window opens. They've already signed two guys this summer!
harknowhear
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: CTID

Postby harknowhear » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:31 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
harknowhear wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
harknowhear wrote:apparently along with the image rights we are also looking to negotiate the agent fee which is currently at 10%. I don't think we will get much movement with this until next week where the barca election will determine our position in the pecking order.

Barca are out of the game mate. Pogba strikes me as, like Sterling, a very ambitious player who is in a hurry. He aint gonna wait until some point when Barca may or may not be allowed to sign players, bearing in mind this isn't even to do with Neymar yet, just another scandal they are banned for!

The Messi tax business and the Neymar fiasco are still to come

my gut feeling is that he'd prefer a move to barca so suggest he may be prepared to spend another year with the old lady to make it happen and that won't be cleared up until after the election at the weekend. I think his agent actually came out and said as much at the start of July. I'd love to be proved wrong though. Think he would be top drawer for us

His agent said as much? I must've missed this.

Sorry, I've just checked, it wasn't his agent it was a direct quote from laporta who is running for the barca presidency "But our information is that Juventus will not negotiate until July 19"
harknowhear
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: CTID

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:18 pm

Barca elections are tomorrow and Laporta and Bartomeu are reported as being neck and neck after a three way TV debate they had with Benedito.
http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/barcelona/ ... ntial-race?

Laporta still seems to be clinging on to the whole Pogba signing as his campaign battle cry, but there doesn't seem much more to this to me, than just bluster.
In the light of this Delph transfer looking likely again, does anyone else on here still think we can get the Pogba deal over the line too.
I must be either incredibly naive, optimistic or just plain stupid, but I still believe this is a possibility. It's just a feeling about how this is playing out, this summer, despite the negative signs and media crap. I think as soon as this election is over we will see an interesting week one way or the other.
Marotta has come out again and said he is not being sold, but then also said if anyone wanted to sign him they should talk to us (Juve) and not his agent.
He also said the only talks Juve held were with Barca and they told them 'No'. City weren't mentioned. I may be reading far to much into it but it reads to me like we have been doing plenty of talking with his agent and if the rumours are true, we've agreed terms with the player.
City as usual have said nothing. And this is what gives me hope. I think whatever the hold up is, will be sorted as soon as Bartomeu wins (Hopefully) the election.

I've not given up just yet.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:18 pm

I am fairly sure he will go to barcelona next summer. Any other outcome seems unlikely at the moment.

God only knows what fee laporta's agreed with them, but it's possibly tempered by a players desire to move to barcelona rather than manchester
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:23 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:I am fairly sure he will go to barcelona next summer. Any other outcome seems unlikely at the moment.

God only knows what fee laporta's agreed with them, but it's possibly tempered by a players desire to move to barcelona rather than manchester

Logically you would think this is what is going on, but what if Laporta loses.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:52 pm

Laporta is saying if he wins he will try to sign him if the coach wants him. His agent is saying if Laporta wins, he may go there. If my auntie had balls...

Laporta needs to say something to get elected. If we then 'blow them out of the water' that's not his fault. If the coach doesn't want him, that's not his fault. If Pogba doesn't want to go, it's not his fault.

Laporta could be President of Barca by Sunday. Why would anyone want to upset him by saying their player isn't interested or beating him to the signing? If on Sunday Batolmue wins, Pogba isn't going to Barca and would still be available. If Laporta wins, he may well need someone to save him face and €100m.

I'm still confident, as I think City would be briefing the press if they thought there was no chance or if they were being played. Our ex-Barca boys may just be playing longer term politics.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:48 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Laporta is saying if he wins he will try to sign him if the coach wants him. His agent is saying if Laporta wins, he may go there. If my auntie had balls...

Laporta needs to say something to get elected. If we then 'blow them out of the water' that's not his fault. If the coach doesn't want him, that's not his fault. If Pogba doesn't want to go, it's not his fault.

Laporta could be President of Barca by Sunday. Why would anyone want to upset him by saying their player isn't interested or beating him to the signing? If on Sunday Batolmue wins, Pogba isn't going to Barca and would still be available. If Laporta wins, he may well need someone to save him face and €100m.

I'm still confident, as I think City would be briefing the press if they thought there was no chance or if they were being played. Our ex-Barca boys may just be playing longer term politics.

Pretty much what I'm hoping. I just think our silence and seemingly calm attitude is a good thing. Guess we'll find out soon enough anyway. If we don't get Pogba but still get KDB I would still consider this a good transfer window.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Slim » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:34 am

Juve put him up for sale and were hoping for a world record fee. No-one was willing to match their expectations, so the Juve boss saves face by telling everyone he's not for sale.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:03 am

Slim wrote:Juve put him up for sale and were hoping for a world record fee. No-one was willing to match their expectations, so the Juve boss saves face by telling everyone he's not for sale.

That's how it's looking so far isn't it.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby feedthegreek » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:03 pm

Apparently exit polls are indicating a defeat the for la porta according too radio.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby feedthegreek » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:03 pm

Apparently exit polls are indicating a defeat the for la porta according too radio.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby JamieMCFC » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:38 pm

Josep Maria Bartomeu re-elected Barcelona president

osep Maria Bartomeu won re-election as president of Barcelona on Saturday.

Bartomeu won 54.63 percent of the vote, a comfortable advantage over rivals Joan Laporta (33.03 percent), Agusti Benedito (7.16) and Toni Freixa (3.70)

The 52-year-old Bartomeu took over the presidency in January 2014 after predecessor Sandro Rosell resigned. He will control the reigning Spanish and European champions for the next six years.

Barcelona are owned by more than 150,000 members, who elect the president.

Barcelona's success last season -- they won the Champions League, La Liga and Copa del Rey while record a record €608 million profit -- meant Bartomeu was likely to retain his spot.

"We must continue to be the number one club and these six years are very important," Bartomeu said after casting his vote on Saturday morning.

http://www.espnfc.us/barcelona/story/25 ... -president
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum