Sane leaving

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sane leaving

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:46 pm

Everything taken into account that’s a good deal. Is that the highest fee we ever got?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:51 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Everything taken into account that’s a good deal. Is that the highest fee we ever got?

It is apparently
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:54 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Everything taken into account that’s a good deal. Is that the highest fee we ever got?

It is apparently

I’m amazed we got so much out of Bayern. We all know he’d be worth more in a normal market but with a year left, tapped up by them, the recent injury and the current climate, I think we’ve got to be satisfied with the deal.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:56 pm

When is he joining?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

It is apparently

I’m amazed we got so much out of Bayern. We all know he’d be worth more in a normal market but with a year left, tapped up by them, the recent injury and the current climate, I think we’ve got to be satisfied with the deal.

On a financial side I am happy.

Will miss him on the playing side I think. He is a top player who in the right circumstances is a match for anyone. But that said, his temperament and attitude have been called into question by Pep and if his heart is in Germany then perhaps it's best if he goes.
nottsblue

Postby Nick » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:09 pm

What ? Good deal? 45 mill ? Less than half price
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:23 pm

Nick wrote:What ? Good deal? 45 mill ? Less than half price

I think we can add his salary here also, 10 mil.
I was a good deal thinking at the situation.

I would had let him in the reserves until next summer, to be honest. What is the worst that could happen? The media will crucify us? :lol:

I am glad the saga is over, it had become a soap opera. What I am curious is when he will join, because the worldwide transfer window should start tomorrow.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:25 pm

One year left on contract
Player openly looking to move
COVID-19 playing havoc with the financial side of game

It’s a fucking great deal
nottsblue

Postby sheblue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:31 pm

Shite price but it was always going to be. The 80m plus was never happening.
But glad it's over and it's not dragging on for months.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:54 pm

nottsblue wrote:

It was an event greater deal 12 months ago when the little weasel wanted to go then - we could of got 100 million even though we were asking 130 million .
Losing 55 million in 12 months isn’t a great deal at all .

Anyway - he’s gone .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Two's Kompany » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:02 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

It was an event greater deal 12 months ago when the little weasel wanted to go then - we could of got 100 million even though we were asking 130 million .
Losing 55 million in 12 months isn’t a great deal at all .

Anyway - he’s gone .

Hardly anyones fault.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:03 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

It is apparently

On a financial side I am happy.

Will miss him on the playing side I think. He is a top player who in the right circumstances is a match for anyone. But that said, his temperament and attitude have been called into question by Pep and if his heart is in Germany then perhaps it's best if he goes.

I thought he was superb on occasions and I’d rather we kept him but when a player is adamant that he wants to leave then you can only do your best to turn a profit. I’m sure we’d have sold him for a lot more last season prior to his injury but circumstances are very much different to back then.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:07 pm

PeterParker wrote:

I think we can add his salary here also, 10 mil.
I was a good deal thinking at the situation.

I would had let him in the reserves until next summer, to be honest. What is the worst that could happen? The media will crucify us? :lol:

I am glad the saga is over, it had become a soap opera. What I am curious is when he will join, because the worldwide transfer window should start tomorrow.

Current Contract
Leroy Sane signed a 5 year / £23,400,000 contract with the Manchester City F.C., including an annual average salary of £4,680,000. In 2019, Sane will earn a base salary of £4,680,000, while carrying a cap hit of £4,680,000.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Blackadder » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:26 pm

Reports saying he'll be on £20m per year at Bayern? Ridiculous if true, but every credit to the lad.
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx
Blackadder
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooo

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:36 pm

Blackadder wrote:Reports saying he'll be on £20m per year at Bayern? Ridiculous if true, but every credit to the lad.

Cannot for a second believe that the skinflints would be paying him £400,000 per week, unless his agent has done superbly and clawed the transfer fee saving back for Sane. If that’s the case, good on him and no wonder he was drawn elsewhere.

There was me thinking he just wanted to go back to his home country club to get international recognition. He’s guaranteed it now with that wage, Bayern will have no choice but to play him.

Good luck to him.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ruralblue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:46 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

It is apparently

I wonder if City have said to them pay us half of what he was worth prior to his injury and what you would have paid before you tapped him up or we'll peruse it!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:02 pm

ruralblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

It is apparently

I wonder if City have said to them pay us half of what he was worth prior to his injury and what you would have paid before you tapped him up or we'll peruse it!

They’ve got more for him than I’d thought and in such a short timeframe as well. We must’ve held some cards, not sure what.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:11 am

Hes a cunt and should have signed a deal when he was injuried to get us more money
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:16 am

Shafted he’s worldclass
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:00 am

Disappointing but writing been on the wall for over a year.

The fee is so far below what we would have expected pre-COVID and some might say Bayern are shrewd whilst others see them as a bunch of entitled bullies, but we shall see.

You cannot say we didn't try to keep him, but Pep also didn't trust him for some reason and we saw it more often than we'd hoped for.

There are some worries and he hasn't reached the level I think we wanted even with his talent. Don't get me wrong he could be world class still.

I love Jesus, but while both have some question marks, Jesus is a team player and that adds value.

I hope he succeeds at Bayern. I know that sounds wild, but I think he may need to feel to be a key player to shine.

We had some great years from him, and I can't hate on him. He couldn't get games after Raz stepped up on the left as Bernardo and Mahrez showed more consistency and work rate which Pep demands while eventually wanting Inside Forwards rather than Wingers.

Sad but this was bound to happen to us eventually.

Good luck LEEE-ROOOY!!! You're welcome back anytime to me.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum