Least fouled against team

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Least fouled against team

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:22 pm

Read it in Four Four Two's season preview issue. We were the least fouled against team last season and the paper's advice was for us to make more of the fouls we received so that the refs would give em.

Having seen two knee-crushing challenges given yellow in the last two games, I don't think there's more we can do.
Last edited by Tokyo Blue on Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected title.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Re: Least fould against team

Postby Whassat » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:25 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Read it in Four Four Two's season preview issue. We were the least fouled against team last season and the paper's advice was for us to make more of the fouls we received so that the refs would give em.

Having seen two knee-crushing challenges given yellow in the last two games, I don't think there's more we can do.

Weird. Never would have guessed that.
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:29 pm

Weird. Never would have guessed that.

Me neither. The information has forced me to completely reevaluate everything.

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:58 pm

As far as I can recall this has been the case for the last few seasons.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:14 pm

Good to see other than City fans are seeing this. From the off I was at the ref for letting The Hammers get away with murder yet every touch we had he allowed them to waste time.

Well done to the Hammers, they played a great game and should be proud, but that approach, and hoiw the ref played to it, are one if the reasons that I find the PL going WWE; all about the entertainment, less about the sport.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:22 pm

Just went through the stats on Whoscored for the previous three seasons.

We were second least fouled in 2012/13 ( Villa least fouled ) but then for the 13/14 and 14/15 seasons we were least fouled.

For a team that has the possession stats that we do that strikes me as odd.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby barryconlonsbaldspot » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:44 pm

I've said this for ages now, every week we dominate posession and every week we give away twice as many fouls as the opposition. It pains me to say it but we're too honest. Teams play us and fall at the slightest touch and our players just don't go down so don't get decisions. That or there is an almighty conspiracy, I know we all love one of them!
barryconlonsbaldspot
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Barry Conlon

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:46 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Just went through the stats on Whoscored for the previous three seasons.

We were second least fouled in 2012/13 ( Villa least fouled ) but then for the 13/14 and 14/15 seasons we were least fouled.

It's not odd.
It's corruption.
Original Dub

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:04 am

Original Dub wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Just went through the stats on Whoscored for the previous three seasons.

It's not odd.
It's corruption.

I found yesterday's refereeing performance dubious, to say the least. Not to say we shouldn't have lost the game, just that he seemed to be intent on that being the outcome.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:34 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

It's not odd.
It's corruption.

I found yesterday's refereeing performance dubious, to say the least. Not to say we shouldn't have lost the game, just that he seemed to be intent on that being the outcome.

4 minutes added time was a complete joke. It was at least two for the Jenkinson injury which Aguero questioned and the referee pulled him to one side saying the clock will be stopped. Well, it fuckin wasn't was it? We didn't get any 50/50s and for a home side that is really unusual. Also could have had a penalty or two, though to be fair it would've been soft, but nonetheless you've seen them given. Maybe the Premier league don't want us to run away with the title so have informed referees to go easy on the opposition.....
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:45 am

nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

It's not odd.
It's corruption.

4 minutes added time was a complete joke. It was at least two for the Jenkinson injury which Aguero questioned and the referee pulled him to one side saying the clock will be stopped. Well, it fuckin wasn't was it? We didn't get any 50/50s and for a home side that is really unusual. Also could have had a penalty or two, though to be fair it would've been soft, but nonetheless you've seen them given. Maybe the Premier league don't want us to run away with the title so have informed referees to go easy on the opposition.....

I know sometimes it seems like sour grapes when we discuss Refs, but i was amazed how he allowed the whu goalie to waste so much time.

I couldn't believe he blew up for a foul on Yaya when jelovic dropped to the floor.

Why on earth he stopped the game when cresswell (?) had cramps was amazing !

It wasn't as if he had a head injury.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:20 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

It's not odd.
It's corruption.

Funnily enough, as I was coming away from the ground yesterday I did cast my mind back to Clattenburg's performance at Chelsea when we won the league under Mancini. After the 1-6 it seemed the refs (FA) were going to stop us ruining the product by running away with the league. I'm expecting more of the same.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby gmercer1 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:38 pm

Has to be said that Ageuro gets kicked to fuck yet very rarely the ref will ever give him a foul.
gmercer1

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:41 pm

You've both hit the nail firmly on the head. What we are seeing is a bi-product of the PL directive - to keep the league competitive. As per the WWE analogy earlier.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:42 pm

gmercer1 wrote:Has to be said that Ageuro gets kicked to fuck yet very rarely the ref will ever give him a foul.

They'll just book him for 'diving' instead.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:20 pm

Ps. Is that how you spell 'Fouled'?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:25 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Ps. Is that how you spell 'Fouled'?

What ind of a stupid fucking question is that? He's already given the answer!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:56 pm

mr_nool wrote:

What kind of fowl mouth shut us that, I haven't seen an answer!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:14 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

What kind of fowl mouth shut us that, I haven't seen an answer!

The thread title quite clearly shows that that's how Coca spells fouled. Unless you meant ''you'' as in "one", in which case you (not one) have a point.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:25 pm

I can't edit posts Beefy. The e disappeared somewhere along the line. I blame MRM ;)

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum