Chumps League SQUAD ANNOUNCED

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Chumps League SQUAD ANNOUNCED

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:36 pm

City have submitted their UEFA Champions League group stage squad to the competition's governing body.

Here's who has made the list with City's first group stage match against Juventus coming up on Tuesday week.

A list
Sergio Aguero

Wilfried Bony

Willy Caballero

Gael Clichy

Kevin De Bruyne

Fabian Delph

Martin Demichelis

Fernandinho

Fernando

Joe Hart

Aleksandar Kolarov

Vincent Kompany

Eliaquim Mangala

Samir Nasri

Jesus Navas

Nicolas Otamendi

Bacary Sagna

David Silva

Raheem Sterling

Yaya Toure

Pablo Zabaleta

* In addition, each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season. These are players born on or after 1 1 January 1994 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the participating club for the previous two years without interruption.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... 1441209365?

I like the look of that, it shows exactly what the club set out to do over the summer
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Re: Chumps League SQUAD ANNOUNCED

Postby blues2win » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:47 pm

No Kelechi because he hasn't been with the Club for two years. The overseas quota of 17 is taken plus 4 home grown, namely Hart Clichy Delph and Sterling. Nothing to suggest we are going to put any EDS players in the B list but we can.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:10 pm

Caballero filling a foreign spot takes the piss. He's crap, may as well have a crap, English backup keeper so we can include Nacho. Hardly like Bony and Aguero have great fitness records
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:25 pm

Caballero really needs to be moved on next summer
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby freshie » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:57 pm

Disappointed for Kelechi and think it leaves us light in the striker department. The experience would have been great for his development. Agree with Fidel about Caballero
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:10 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Caballero filling a foreign spot takes the piss. He's crap, may as well have a crap, English backup keeper so we can include Nacho. Hardly like Bony and Aguero have great fitness records

+1.

But then again we've been pretty shit in Europe and everyone has run straight through our midfield for few years now so maybe Pellers will try to go with 4-6-0 ?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:12 pm

Gunn for Caballero sounds good to me but we would get attacked for taking such a gamble
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:28 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Gunn for Caballero sounds good to me but we would get attacked for taking such a gamble

Considering how rarely Joe Hart is injured or sent off with a red card, replacing Caballero with Gunn, is a sensible choice. It was exactly what should have happened during last season's CL selection, too.

However, Manuel obviously feels more personally obligated to Caballero, than he did to Jovetic or Iheanacho. Instead, I would always opt to select another goalscoring striker, rather than a back-up keeper, taking up a foreign slot.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:47 am

Fidel Castro wrote:Caballero filling a foreign spot takes the piss. He's crap, may as well have a crap, English backup keeper so we can include Nacho. Hardly like Bony and Aguero have great fitness records

I agree with you on the keeper issue.

But have to pull you up on the comment about Bony, he has an excellent injury record, well he did before he signed for City.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:14 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

I agree with you on the keeper issue.

But have to pull you up on the comment about Bony, he has an excellent injury record, well he did before he signed for City.

I know he did, before joining City. It's irrelevant though, as it has been poo since joining City.

Think he has just been very unlucky, but it's like he hasn't ever been properly fit for us. Looks rusty, starts getting up to speed and showing his quality, then gets injured/malaria and we start over again
Fidel Castro

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:56 am

I like Gunn and think he has a chance of replacing joe in a few years. However it's a very sensible thing to do putting willy in. If something were to happen to joe we would need that experience in goal. Gunn will be on the B list.

Maybe Fernando was the one who could have been left out as Demichelis can cover the midfield role short term.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:01 am

Wonderwall wrote:I like Gunn and think he has a chance of replacing joe in a few years. However it's a very sensible thing to do putting willy in. If something were to happen to joe we would need that experience in goal. Gunn will be on the B list.

Maybe Fernando was the one who could have been left out as Demichelis can cover the midfield role short term.

Leaving Fernando out in favour of a kid that's only played a few minutes senior football has the potential to cause unrest in the squad.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:26 am

De Bruyne is listed as a forward in our squad on the Uefa website. Plan C anyone?

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague ... index.html

Also, Delph is the only player in our squad with no prior Champions League experience. Looks balanced af to me.
Last edited by I Just Blue Myself on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:26 am

nacho man will be in the knock out phase squad and will bag the winner in the final
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:33 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:nacho man will be in the knock out phase squad and will bag the winner in the final

I've seen this being said elsewhere but can't see how he's eligible after January.
He's only been eligible to play for City since February of this year when he got his work permit so surely it's 2 years from that date until he satisfies UEFA's criteria for list B?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Socrates » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:31 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:nacho man will be in the knock out phase squad and will bag the winner in the final

I've seen this being said elsewhere but can't see how he's eligible after January.
He's only been eligible to play for City since February of this year when he got his work permit so surely it's 2 years from that date until he satisfies UEFA's criteria for list B?

By playing his way into the 17? Or through injury to one of the 17?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:07 am

Socrates wrote:

'the brain' nails it again
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:42 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Socrates wrote:

'the brain' nails it again

Does he realize. That he's a champion?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Socrates » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:18 am

Apologies but sometimes the lack of imagination of people stuns me.
Last edited by Socrates on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:24 am

Socrates wrote:Apoloies but sometimes the lack of imagination of people stuns me.

I assumed he was talking about Kelechi as part of the B list as I'd seen other City fans discussing this elsewhere.

Is that ok for you Yoko?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum