***city v leicester official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v leicester official match thread***

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:45 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Very disappointed to see Mangala and fernando playing. Really poor team selection again for me.

fuck the fuckety fuck off.

They've hardly been the worst performers all year.

And if that was a piss take then i doff my cap, because you didn't seem that smart or that funny and certainly not both.

cheers

p.s. I love this lineup. Let's fucking have these cunts! Come on CITY!

Ok it's time for our final whistle meeting. In summary:
1. You thought the team selection was good.
2. I thought the team selection was poor.
3. You thought we would win.
4. I thought we would struggle to get the three points.
5. You thought my choice of beer was shite.
6. I enjoyed my beer.
Overall I'm prepared to call this a draw. I think you will probably respect my football knowledge in future.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:42 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Very disappointed to see Mangala and fernando playing. Really poor team selection again for me.

And if that was a piss take then i doff my cap, because you didn't seem that smart or that funny and certainly not both.

cheers

6. I enjoyed my beer.
Overall I'm prepared to call this a draw. I think you will probably respect my football knowledge in future.

The lineup was fine. Obvs.
We won. Nervy but they almost always are this time of year.
Your beer was absolute shit. Still.
Draw? We weren't even competing. I was just telling you that you were wrong. And you were.

Respectfully,

DM
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:44 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

6. I enjoyed my beer.

The lineup was fine. Obvs.
We won. Nervy but they almost always are this time of year.
Your beer was absolute shit. Still.
Draw? We weren't even competing. I was just telling you that you were wrong. And you were.

Respectfully,

DM

Cheers
South Stand Balti

Postby kinkylola » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:50 pm

I think mangala did well. Jumps in at times but also showed some great pace and strength at times. Hate to say it but he might have learned some of that poor judgement from Vinny this season. Demi looked good, got himself in good positions.

Big question for me is does komps get sat for burnley after a winning performance without him? Similar situation as to Joe Hart who ended up sitting for a few games in a row. I dunno, it's a tough call but I wouldn't mind demi and mangala getting a run, expecially if kompany comes back stronger.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:52 pm

I'm actually quite worried by tonight, but we'll see.

Ten days off now, so time to, hopefully, recharge the batteries.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:55 pm

I thought it was a good win and the two centre backs were fine. There was the odd occasion when we were a bit exposed but that's 9 points out of the last 12. Confidence may be a little low but that win will help. Nothing negative for me tonight but Komps and Fern 1 would be recalled if I was in charge. Onwards and upwards.
South Stand Balti

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:58 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I'm actually quite worried by tonight, but we'll see.

Why worried? If we had won 5 games on the bounce before tonight I think we would view tonight as a comfortable win? I have seen Leicester do really well at the big clubs but I thought we dominated them tonight
South Stand Balti

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:17 am

It's difficult to know what the arguments were about, or the sulking (particularly Aguero). But it may not necessarily be a bad thing and only players calling each other out. However, I got the impression we won't be winning as many games as we expect between now and the end of the season.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:34 am

Bang average.

We got the points but that's about it. The press are giving us a kicking, the crowd is sulking, the players look like half of them are sulking & the manager is clearly in a stroppy mood too. Ohhh happy days.

Mangala did fine, Fernando is Ok against shite teams like that though he tried his best to give away a pen. Aguero was subdued and seemed to be sulking; I thought Bony was pony.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:36 am

South Stand Balti wrote:

Why worried? If we had won 5 games on the bounce before tonight I think we would view tonight as a comfortable win? I have seen Leicester do really well at the big clubs but I thought we dominated them tonight

They defended well & made it difficult for us & we managed to find a way around it, & if Bony had been playing for Swansea, he would have scored 3, I was very happy with him & Aguero, but when we lost the ball. Jesus.

But it was a tough game because of the shit we've had in the last two, & we won, fair enough.

I dunno, we'll see, but I got a very bad vibe about tonight, & nothing to do with players going off & tunnels or anything else, just what I saw on the pitch.

Hopefully it's just the shit left over from Barca & scouse.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby kinkylola » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:43 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

They defended well & made it difficult for us & we managed to find a way around it, & if Bony had been playing for Swansea, he would have scored 3, I was very happy with him & Aguero, but when we lost the ball. Jesus.

But it was a tough game because of the shit we've had in the last two, & we won, fair enough.

I dunno, we'll see, but I got a very bad vibe about tonight, & nothing to do with players going off & tunnels or anything else, just what I saw on the pitch.

Hopefully it's just the shit left over from Barca & scouse.

I agree with that assessment. When we lose the ball, if Toure is upfield, which he prabably is ... they just have free reign to run at our back 2. I thought bony was a good focal point in the middle, held up well and was a huge presence. He is definitely a type of forward we haven't had in awhile and I think he can work with either aguero or dzeko. I liked aguero dropping deeper, as I think it helps break down teams that try to stuff us, but it also means that he might miss out on some goals that he would get pegged against the backline.

As for it being a worrying performance ... there have been times when we have been flying high in the league, great stuff, play a team like leicester, stoke, hull, etc ... and absolutely fail to break them down in any way when they stuff up the middle. Game ends 0-0 or in a loss 0-1 after a counter attack and we look and feel like absolute shit.

We grind out a 2-0 with 2 well worked goals, and dominate possession. They get a few chances and a penalty shout, and we get slated in the press. I'm not saying there weren't issues, but I feel better when we are mostly solid, if not lacking a bit of inspiration then hanging on by the skin of our balls and looking impotent in a 0-0 draw.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby freshie » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:23 am

Pretty uninspiring for large parts of the game. Seemed to be one of the lowest crowds of the season in the Prem and very subdued atmosphere. The first 40 mins were pretty dire as there was no tempo to our play, the build up play was slow and allowed Leicester plenty of time to get 11 men behind the ball. We played too many backward and square balls, Fernando being the main culprit of this. Then at the end of the first half we got the vital goal which meant that leicester had to come out a bit more.

Worryingly, every time leicester broke they looked as if they might score and were unlucky not to be awarded 2 pens

Silva got better as the game went on and played some lovely balls to bony and Aguero who were profligate. Navas was very good and his pace gave us an extra dimension as he was able to get beyond konchesky on a few occasions

Bony looks quite nervous and wasted a gilt-edged chance in the 2nd half - I just think he needs to bag his first goal and then we will see the real Bony.

Kolarov had a decent game, probably because he didn't have much defending to do, and along with Navas put some decent crosses in

Our defensive frailties against the bottom of the league side are very worrying and Vinny's absence shows that there is more to it than just his poor form

Overall happy with the 3 points but on this performance I can't see us catching Chelsea. A better side than Leicester would have scored tonight
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby phips » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:44 am

i wonder what kind of passing drills they do in training at Porto.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:32 am

Expand Ted, as the lad behind me said he sensed things are not right.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:38 am

Hazy2 wrote:

It clearly wasn't right at all. To me it felt like the final three home games under Mancini, which brought uninspiring wins over Wigan, West Ham and WBA. That games felt just the same, with no atmosphere, the players walking about looking half-paced and the result may be the same with the manager effectively a dead man walking.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:14 am

I think our performance was OK, but nothing more, I think Yaya showed good composure and control of the game in the centre. However, we need to push him up and get someone to cover in behind him as we are exposed time and again. If he plays that position and the same way against barca it will be a cricket score (not for us).

If you saw the highlights of Chelsea last night, you would have seen how lucky they were, it should have been a t least a point for west ham, possibly a win. they certainly outplayed chelsea in the 2nd half.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:22 am

Goaters 103 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

It clearly wasn't right at all. To me it felt like the final three home games under Mancini, which brought uninspiring wins over Wigan, West Ham and WBA. That games felt just the same, with no atmosphere, the players walking about looking half-paced and the result may be the same with the manager effectively a dead man walking.

The win was essential and whilst I think we deserved it we can thank the ref just a little. The missing fans was not a surprise and it just confirms the discontent there is amongst some fans and not just with the ticket prices.But the concern I had watching was the attitude of some of the players towards each other.Little disagreements and moans when passes were not made or were messed up just had me wondering if all isn't right inside the camp.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:33 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

The win was essential and whilst I think we deserved it we can thank the ref just a little. The missing fans was not a surprise and it just confirms the discontent there is amongst some fans and not just with the ticket prices.But the concern I had watching was the attitude of some of the players towards each other.Little disagreements and moans when passes were not made or were messed up just had me wondering if all isn't right inside the camp.

With a captain dropped along with Nasri, & Zabba and a few dummies out on the pitch, I think Ted was on it sommert aint right. I am gonna leave it and see if it goes away.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:59 am

Goaters 103 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

That came across on the radio, which is why i asked the question last night. I didn't think it was just a case of the commentators trying to stir shit for City as it was mainly Goater who was saying things weren't right.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:10 pm

To be fair the scowls between the players, particularly from Zab to Komps, from Ya Ya and from Silva and Aguero have been going on for sometime. Plus in the crowd, having driven 200 miles and got in late it was a weird experience. Felt like Pearce days with normally loyal fans sitting there half turned away from the game muttering "what the fuck...." Selection to me was weird if Milner was fit. And the biggest mystery? Where was Dzeko when Jimmy scored cos I'll tell you one thing, he isn't in the frame anywhere to be seen. All bizarre. Then coming home I counted 6 motorways closed. Yeh, fucking closed. Now that is cause for "what the fuck is going on????????????"
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum