Sagna

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sagna

Postby CTID Hants » Thu May 22, 2014 11:53 am

AG7 wrote:Guardian is BREAKING that City is to announce the Sagna signing today!

Everyone else too (as Twitter goes like wild fire these days) joining in now, supposedly £120k per week three year deal.

I know this is just hearsay but i seriously doubt we will pay him double his current wage? He may be on a free but with us being forced to reduce our wage bill, i can't see us paying that much per week for a back up, however experienced he is.

Out of interest, do we know how much Micah is on currently?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu May 22, 2014 12:00 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
I know this is just hearsay but i seriously doubt we will pay him double his current wage? He may be on a free but with us being forced to reduce our wage bill, i can't see us paying that much per week for a back up, however experienced he is.

Out of interest, do we know how much Micah is on currently?

He'll get good wages because he's on a free. We may not want to pay him a signing on fee, if that counts as part of the transfer budget, but he could get bonuses next summer and a slightly higher wage.

As with anything in the papers, they'll report the highest figure they can, so will include and performance bonuses as if they're basic. To get £120k, he may need to play every game and keep a clean sheet as we win the quintuple and his wage at Arsenal may not have been much less if he'd done the same there.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu May 22, 2014 12:05 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
AG7 wrote:Guardian is BREAKING that City is to announce the Sagna signing today!

Everyone else too (as Twitter goes like wild fire these days) joining in now, supposedly £120k per week three year deal.

I always love the way the 2 parties share the wages immediately with a national paper or 2.

Wait for it..... Zaba wants to leave as feels under appreciated after being snubbed by Sagna contract

'An undisclosed source' has stated that, because PabZab now wants to leave, Aguero and DeMichelis are leaving too, in order to show solidarity with their fellow countryman.

Because of the potential loss of three Spanish speakers, Negredo and David Silva are also going and some of the sponsorship deals have been cancelled as well so, next year, City will make a record loss on their Trading/Profit and Loss account and will feel the full fury of EUFA's Financial Unfair Play Regulations heaped upon them.

Oh; and Pellegrini is leaving because he doesn't think he can win anything with this team.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby ruralblue » Thu May 22, 2014 12:12 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
'An undisclosed source' has stated that, because PabZab now wants to leave, Aguero and DeMichelis are leaving too, in order to show solidarity with their fellow countryman.

Because of the potential loss of three Spanish speakers, Negredo and David Silva are also going and some of the sponsorship deals have been cancelled as well so, next year, City will make a record loss on their Trading/Profit and Loss account and will feel the full fury of EUFA's Financial Unfair Play Regulations heaped upon them.

Oh; and Pellegrini is leaving because he doesn't think he can win anything with this team.

Sheik is also pulling his money out of City as well. Seems he was fucked off that the lads never took him a Greggs cornish pasty over last week.
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby john@staustell » Thu May 22, 2014 12:55 pm

Done deal in the Fail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... erest.html

Manuel Pellegrini has won his first battle over Louis van Gaal by capturing Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna.

The France international has agreed a three-year deal worth - inclusive of add-ons and bonuses - £150,000-per-week.

Sagna traveled up to Manchester on Monday morning to finalise his move to the Etihad Stadium - news exclusively revealed by Sportsmail.

And Pellegrini was forced to fend off late interest from Manchester United to secure Sagna's services after Van Gaal made an 11th hour attempt to hijack the deal.

City's move for the Frenchman was at such an advanced stage at the point of United's first contact with the player's representatives that barring a total collapse in talks, City were always in pole position to sign Sagna.

He becomes the latest Gunner to join City - following in the footsteps of Emmanuel Adebayor, Samir Nasri, Kolo Toure and Gael Clichy.

However, Sagna's anger at the way his contract situation has been handled by Arsenal has played an integral role in his decision to quit the club.

Sagna, who leaves the Gunners on a free transfer, will officially join City on July 1.

His move comes after a long-running transfer saga at the Emirates Stadium that has seen Sagna reject three contract offers - all of them below his £100,000-per-week wage demands
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby phips » Thu May 22, 2014 1:24 pm

hahahhahah 150k a week? no chance
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby john@staustell » Thu May 22, 2014 1:41 pm

phips wrote:hahahhahah 150k a week? no chance

I see they've tried to qualify it this time. Like - if he wins the Champions League and PL for years in a row..............................
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby MilnersJaw » Thu May 22, 2014 2:42 pm

dont agree with this at all. why are we paying a 31 year old this money? don't give two fucks if he's a free agent. Still another big wage that goes against FFP And he will be a back up to zabba. Could easily get a younger back up on for far less to play back up.

it is also insulting to zabba, since he is only on 70k a week too.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Dameerto » Thu May 22, 2014 2:44 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:dont agree with this at all. why are we paying a 31 year old this money? don't give two fucks if he's a free agent. Still another big wage that goes against FFP And he will be a back up to zabba. Could easily get a younger back up on for far less to play back up.

Do you honestly think the first thing City or Sagna would do after signing a contract would be to ring the media and give them all the financial details?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby littlebig » Thu May 22, 2014 2:44 pm

I'd take those numbers with a pinch of salt but this would not be a good deal for us on those wages. Doesn't make sense that we'd pay anywhere near 150k per week, I thought we were beyond silly contracts.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu May 22, 2014 2:50 pm

Wage will have a basic with bonuses to take it up over 100k IF and only if we win the Prem, CL etc.

However the press will just knock it up to the max anyway.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MilnersJaw » Thu May 22, 2014 2:52 pm

Dameerto wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:dont agree with this at all. why are we paying a 31 year old this money? don't give two fucks if he's a free agent. Still another big wage that goes against FFP And he will be a back up to zabba. Could easily get a younger back up on for far less to play back up.

Do you honestly think the first thing City or Sagna would do after signing a contract would be to ring the media and give them all the financial details?

i don't believe it is anywhere near 150k.

I do believe it is nearer to 100k which seems to be the average salary here. Like I said, zabba doesn't get that much so most of all it is insulting to zab.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu May 22, 2014 4:36 pm

Name the younger back up who we'd be happy to play 20-30 games a season and how much you think they'd be on.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Thu May 22, 2014 4:43 pm

Soriano can be trusted to make sure Zaba doesn't have his nose out of joint. I doubt Sagna's package will be any higher than Zaba's. If it is Zaba will have his own package upped.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Benjay » Thu May 22, 2014 4:50 pm

blues2win wrote:Soriano can be trusted to make sure Zaba doesn't have his nose out of joint. I doubt Sagna's package will be any higher than Zaba's. If it is Zaba will have his own package upped.

Zaba is miles better so I think he will have nothing to worry about. Zabba is destined to be a City legend...just like Yaya if he bloody well grows up.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu May 22, 2014 5:29 pm

No way Zaba's back up will make twice as much as him.

Plus, the FFP sanctions say our wage bill has to be the same as last season. So if Lescott leaves and we sell Micah and Sinclair, 100k is a big chunk of that. Lescott alone was supposedly on 90k.
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Slim » Fri May 23, 2014 1:15 am

Plus the 70k/week we pay for Ade ends this summer as well.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby AG7 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:09 am

Slim wrote:Plus the 70k/week we pay for Ade ends this summer as well.

Not paying Ade, a lump sum was paid at transfer as exit fee/bonus which press keeps dividing over months and putting it out there as 'technically' still paying him as he would budge on moving on, wanted his rest of contract paid ...
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby Hazy2 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:22 am

Billy Jones at WBA for me would have been a better option.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Fri May 23, 2014 8:24 am

AG7 wrote:
Slim wrote:Plus the 70k/week we pay for Ade ends this summer as well.

Not paying Ade, a lump sum was paid at transfer as exit fee/bonus which press keeps dividing over months and putting it out there as 'technically' still paying him as he would budge on moving on, wanted his rest of contract paid ...

So was that lumpsum in this financial period or the last?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum