come on norwich!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: come on norwich!

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:17 pm

ashton287 wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:Get in. If nothing else, it reduces their goal difference.

Ha 9 points clear of us, yaya and silva are injured and we have the harder fixtures. I don't think goal difference will be a factor this time.

See you next season then. Enjoy your summer.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Woodyblue » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:18 pm

ashton287 wrote: Ha 9 points clear of us, yaya and silva are injured and we have the harder fixtures. I don't think goal difference will be a factor this time.

9 points clear but we have two games in hand. If Chelsea get a result at theirs next week and we win our games it will come down to goal difference. Be positive and believe.
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Postby Lee_R » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:21 pm

Woodyblue wrote:
ashton287 wrote: Ha 9 points clear of us, yaya and silva are injured and we have the harder fixtures. I don't think goal difference will be a factor this time.

9 points clear but we have two games in hand. If Chelsea get a result at theirs next week and we win our games it will come down to goal difference. Be positive and believe.

Spot on. Pressure is on them.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:22 pm

Woodyblue wrote:9 points clear but we have two games in hand. If Chelsea get a result at theirs next week and we win our games it will come down to goal difference. Be positive and believe.

Plus, we both have to play Palace and that will be a hard game for both teams. At least we will go into our palace game knowing what has happened at scousefield and how important that game is.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:37 pm

Suarez up to his usual tricks, don't care how good a footballer he is the lads a disgrace the way he carrys on.

https://twitter.com/_fantasypremier/sta ... 3708920832
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:19 pm

Despite the 3-2 scoreline it was always gonna be too much to ask of Norwich today. It's gonna be Palace and Chelsea that have to help us
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby feedthegreek » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:20 pm

well chelsea now our only hope stats below liverpool v chelsea.
http://www.11v11.com/teams/liverpool/ta ... on/Chelsea
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dub City » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:26 pm

@henrywinter: Rodgers: “We put some words of Margaret Aspinall (of Hillsborough Family Support Group) on dressing-room wall, about determination to fight”
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:30 pm

Dub City wrote:@henrywinter: Rodgers: “We put some words of Margaret Aspinall (of Hillsborough Family Support Group) on dressing-room wall, about determination to fight”

For fuck sake
Original Dub

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Dub City wrote:@henrywinter: Rodgers: “We put some words of Margaret Aspinall (of Hillsborough Family Support Group) on dressing-room wall, about determination to fight”

Hmm, odd.

I was convinced this was what he showed them before every single game:

[youtube]7QBPGXJE86I[/youtube]
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:40 pm

Feigning injury is a yellow card offence. This is written specifically and unambiguously in the laws of the game. If the people in charge finally decide to apply the laws, this despicable cheat/racist/biter will never take the field again.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:10 pm

zuricity wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:You seem to play devil's advocate all the time mate.
Once we scored we were lazy and played the game as if it was a dead rubber. We showed no desire and passion to get forward and score and improve our goal difference. The atmosphere was as flat as anything.
We only looked like we cared once they scored.
Compare that to how energetic and lively and passionate Liverpool have looked in recent weeks.

Tell me again, were you impressed with our general attitude in the Sunderland game? When watching us did you think 'wow here's a team giving everything to win the title'?

Our problem wasn't attitude it was poor passing and play .

You don't think the two are linked?
If you go out with the attitude that you're going to fight for every ball, give everything you have, stop at nothing to win and put in a performance then the passing and general play follows on.
I'll ask again were you impressed with our attitude against Sunderland and did it strike you as a team who were desperate to win the title?
We were half-hearted at best in that game. We approached it with very little tempo and little passion as if it was a dead rubber.
That explains the poor performance.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:22 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Feigning injury is a yellow card offence. This is written specifically and unambiguously in the laws of the game. If the people in charge finally decide to apply the laws, this despicable cheat/racist/biter will never take the field again.

Just said the exact same thing to a mate of mine.

When is the right time to really drive it home? When is the right time to begin to stamp out the cancer on the game?

I'll tell you when... at anfield during a commemoration of Hillsborough and a title fight. That would have sent out the biggest message ever.

And he bottled it.

So we keep going...
Original Dub

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:23 pm

Nick wrote:Everytime you think liverpool could slip, liverpool usually win about 5-0 and end up a couple of games up after 10 minutes to kill your weekend...

.. COME ON NORWICH!!!

I wasn't far wrong.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Michigan Blue » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:26 pm

Now normally it would be appropriate to keep that bit of private motivation behind closed doors, but in this case it's only right that Rodgers blurt it out to all and sundry, in order to remind everyone that Liverpool's title tilt is on the side of goodness and righteousness. Whereas by default ours is not.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Twobob » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:32 pm

Wait until the video comes out of thier 'title' push which will be promoted by this kind of stuff. Out of order imho

Thing is, they (the fans) think it is acceptable to promote a new kit and put things like this on the dressing room wall and tell everyone so we all know how they are the saviours of justice and football...

What heart-wrenching disaster will they draw on next season?
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:33 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:You don't think the two are linked?
If you go out with the attitude that you're going to fight for every ball, give everything you have, stop at nothing to win and put in a performance then the passing and general play follows on.
I'll ask again were you impressed with our attitude against Sunderland and did it strike you as a team who were desperate to win the title?
We were half-hearted at best in that game. We approached it with very little tempo and little passion as if it was a dead rubber.

No i don't think the two are linked at all.

I don't think James Milner's attitude is wrong, not at all. He gives 100 percent everytime. His passing and decision making was however very poor against Sunderland. Surprisingly, and unexpectedly since he had such a positive effect on the scouse game last sunday when he came on. Milner is just one example from many that played poorly against Sunderland.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:38 pm

zuricity wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:You don't think the two are linked?

No i don't think the two are linked at all.

I don't think James Milner's attitude is wrong, not at all. He gives 100 percent everytime. His passing and decision making was however very poor against Sunderland. Surprisingly, and unexpectedly since he had such a positive effect on the scouse game last sunday when he came on. Milner is just one example from many that played poorly against Sunderland.

Maybe if every other player had put in that effort and desire we would have seen a much better performance.
Do you think every player can say they left everything on the pitch and we were just unlucky not to win?
Look at Sunderland, they wanted it more than we did. What about the crowd? Compare our atmosphere to the atmosphere at Anfield. That game had the same sort of feel as Norwich at home did last season.
Sometimes all it takes to get the team and crowd going is a bit of effort and commitment, someone winning a fifty fifty or winning a seemingly lost cause.

Liverpool approach every game with DESIRE and HUNGER. They are desperate to win. We don't and if you think we showed the same desire against Sunderland, then you need your head checking.
Bridge'srightfoot

Supporter of: City

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:41 pm

Twobob wrote:

What heart-wrenching disaster will they draw on next season?

I am prepared to place a bet, that they will not be in top 4 next year. They didn't play in Europe, knocked out early in every cup, of course they look good when they had 40 games all season.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Twobob » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:47 pm

PeterParker wrote: I am prepared to place a bet, that they will not be in top 4 next year. They didn't play in Europe, knocked out early in every cup, of course they look good when they had 40 games all season.

And if R. Madrid don't win the league, i have no doubt they will be sniffing around the bucktoothed biter. Take the advantage while Barca cant compete in the transfer window.
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum