Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:29 pm

zuricity wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:The fact that it was a good pass is irrelevant as is the fact it was well worked on the break. The touch wasn't that great to be honest and took him wide.
I just watched the goal again. The only place Wickham could score was on the near post, it was a decent hit yes, but it was the only place he could score and was a nice height for the keeper. No way should he have been beaten from that angle.

Er, the touch was great, it allowed him to slot the ball home. In his stride. Give the guy some credit, even if he couldn't do it again.

It's cheap to dig at a goalie on such goals. It was a great goal. Start a thread about their goalie giving us two cheap goals.

It wasn't. A better touch would have given him a better angle but rather it took him slightly wide.
The only place the lad could score was by the near post. You have to expect your keeper to save that. If it was in the top corner fair enough but it was at a good height for the keeper. He should have saved that and any top class keeper would have done.

As for who is better in the Premier League? Certainly De Gea in my opinion but that's not going to happen. Tim Krul might be worth a look at though.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:38 pm

2v2 against bottom of the league, conceding 2 against bottom of the league, now I am not a big fan of Hart, however the strike was class, it only compounded a shit week and far worse performances from the so called luvvies. Vinny carried by DM, to name one.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:46 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:It wasn't. A better touch would have given him a better angle but rather it took him slightly wide.
The only place the lad could score was by the near post. You have to expect your keeper to save that. If it was in the top corner fair enough but it was at a good height for the keeper. He should have saved that and any top class keeper would have done.

As for who is better in the Premier League? Certainly De Gea in my opinion but that's not going to happen. Tim Krul might be worth a look at though.

Well i don't think any 'top class' keeper would have stopped that great shot.

As for Krul or deGea. No way . Both are average goalies.Hart isn't perhaps the best goalie in the world , but those two are not an improvement by any means.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby RodneyRodney » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:01 pm

It was certainly a fine strike from Wickham, but it should have been stopped ; the gap should not have been there - it was enormous.
This is goalkeeping 1.01 , cover your NEAR F* POST. Franny Jeffers could have scored with a gap like that.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:58 pm

zuricity wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:It wasn't. A better touch would have given him a better angle but rather it took him slightly wide.

Well i don't think any 'top class' keeper would have stopped that great shot.

As for Krul or deGea. No way . Both are average goalies.Hart isn't perhaps the best goalie in the world , but those two are not an improvement by any means.

It wasn't a great shot. It was a decent shot at a good height for the keeper. A great shot would be like Aguero's against United last season which was stuck in the top corner from an even worse angle. De Gea has been excellent this season. Without him the Rags would be far worse off, he's been their only good player this season. When he first came her he wasn't great but he really has turned into an excellent shot stopper and all round keeper. Something Hart used to be but no longer is.
Any shot on target seems to have Hart beaten now adays.
His decision making is terrible, he's cost us several points this season.
I'm sure he's a lovely guy and well liked but he's been terrible this season. I'd give him one more season to try and regain his form. If not he can go.
Last edited by Bridge'srightfoot on Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Telling the truth is provoking.Explains a few things.

Why not debate the points you disagree with?

I think it's because you can't.

So you provoke.

The point has been made a 100 times this season this debate (ha ha) is fuckall of the sort it's just an excuse for nobs to vent.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:41 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

So you provoke.

The point has been made a 100 times this season this debate (ha ha) is fuckall of the sort it's just an excuse for nobs to vent.

You are one step up from a fucking monkey....a small step at that.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:49 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

So you provoke.

You are one step up from a fucking monkey....a small step at that.

spat your dummy out already thought you wanted to debate.
Rag_hater

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:51 pm

Rag_hater wrote:

Provoking
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:54 pm

HART cannot be considered our number 1 next season, for reasons already stated.He will never ever accept being a number 2 over a season so he has to be sold.

On the point of debate , you never ever debate , you have been told time and again what a fucking nob you are...just accept it Raggers..you are what you are.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:04 pm

The same old arguments by the gang of nobs as usual.
Rag_hater

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:11 pm

Rag_hater wrote:The same old arguments by the gang of nobs as usual.

Provoking
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:21 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:The same old arguments by the gang of nobs as usual.

Provoking

OD and CFTG =

Rag_hater

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:25 pm

PeterParker wrote:
I Just Blue Myself wrote:Nah, I like Trapp, but he's not going to Brazil. Weidenfeller, ter Stegen, Adler & Zieler are all in front of him in the pecking order (even if the latter two shouldn't be) & you could argue that Baumann, Fahrmann, Leno & Ulreich are on a similar level. Sadly, his injury screwed him a bit in that regard. Top young keeper tho.

Also, Loris Karius is doing alright for Mainz. Only 20 years old and has taken the number one spot in a team playing for the Europa League. Maybe we should've kept him at least for the quota?

You seem to know better so i am going to ask you this. What about Kraft?

Imho, at Bayern, before Neuer, he was incredible, top keeper. Liked him a lot, smooth reflexes, some incredible saves, then i have no idea what happend to him.

Can he be a solution?

Kraft is a decent mid table keeper. Solid enough, but nothing special. Trapp, ter Stegen, Fahrmann & Baumann are all more talented in my opinion.

Solution for City? Not in a million years. Same goes for the likes of Ruddy, Krul or Fabianksi (haha). Hart may not be (borderline) good enough for us right now, but neither are those mediocre highlight reel keepers, who have just as many dodgy moments every week, if not more.

Hart is a very good goalkeeper, but his primary weaknesses (piss poor distribution, concentration lapses, lack of assurance on crosses and in his area in general) are a major issue for a club with our aspirations.

Sadly, rounded, assured top keepers are a rare breed and even if we got one who's a bit better than Hart, he'd have to form an understanding with an ever shuffling, distorted, high pushing, slow back-line first.

Also, zuricity is smoking crack as always. I'm not of the opinion that a keeper should cover his near in every possible situation, but Sunderland's second goal was one of those WHERE HE SHOULD HAD COVERED IT. Nowhere else to aim for Wickham. Just stand next to the near post and pick up the ball. THE END.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Now, I dare anyone to tell me with a straight face that his positioning is correct here.

Might as well have an arrow pointing to the near post on his forehead.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby zuricity » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:45 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
Kraft is a decent mid table keeper. Solid enough, but nothing special. Trapp, ter Stegen, Fahrmann & Baumann are all more talented in my opinion.

Solution for City? Not in a million years. Same goes for the likes of Ruddy, Krul or Fabianksi (haha). Hart may not be (borderline) good enough for us right now, but neither are those mediocre highlight reel keepers, who have just as many dodgy moments every week, if not more.

Hart is a very good goalkeeper, but his primary weaknesses (piss poor distribution, concentration lapses, lack of assurance on crosses and in his area in general) are a major issue for a club with our aspirations.

Sadly, rounded, assured top keepers are a rare breed and even if we got one who's a bit better than Hart, he'd have to form an understanding with an ever shuffling, distorted, high pushing, slow back-line first.

Also, zuricity is smoking crack as always. I'm not of the opinion that a keeper should cover his near in every possible situation, but Sunderland's second goal was one of those WHERE HE SHOULD HAD COVERED IT. Nowhere else to aim for Wickham. Just stand next to the near post and pick up the ball. THE END.

I don't smoke, cigs, weed or crack. Never have, never will.

If Joe had been closer to the near post as you suggest, next to the post , the left post , the far post would have been open. For example ,yayas goal last week.

I'm not arguing that Joe's positioning isn't questionable. I'm saying it was a cracking strike and should be taken into account. Whereas Samir's was a clear goalie cock up.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Cit.revenge » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:53 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:Now, I dare anyone to tell me with a straight face that his positioning is correct here.

Really this is almost amazing how out of touch he is here , even better on this pic u see that player is going from goal on hes(Hart) left side, has Kompany on him ,cant do anything but shoot at first corner or by some luck strike a billion % shoot with some reflection to go on other half of that goal.Hes not only way to far from hes post , hes even go out in totally wrong way , effectivelly not closing the angle but open hes left side . Now when striker hit ball here, Hart with hes ability should stop that shoot and hes had a quick reflex to jump but he left so much space that even with hes reflex witch are great ,he just can close that first post.Hes position on this pic is like player is coming at him directly .World class keeper would be at list two step two the left and that shoot would be saved.At the end if Bob stay he would not be number one , Pelle'r is bench him and that is saying a lot.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Cit.revenge » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:03 pm

zuricity wrote:

If Joe had been closer to the near post as you suggest, next to the post , the left post , the far post would have been open. For example ,yayas goal last week.

I'm not arguing that Joe's positioning isn't questionable. I'm saying it was a cracking strike and should be taken into account. Whereas Samir's was a clear goalie cock up.

Mate i respect your opinion ,but this is clear .Look how much space is bettwen Hart and that post and do u know how hard would it be to hit other side of goal from this position , but nevermind that .If u can't see that he has better place here to be standing on this moment then u do not understand what closing angle means and what is basic keeper positioning. I would love it that this is hes one mistake this season and say fuck it.Hes great on line with world class reflex ,but offline and positioning , distribute ball and saving hes space from corners all average.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:46 pm

zuricity wrote:

Hart, first and foremost has to cover his near post. If Wickham somehow manages from that angle to hit a shot into the far side of the net past Hart, then you hold your hands up and say fair play to the lad. Similarly if Wickham manages to hit an unstoppabe shot right into the top corner which is truly exceptional then fair enough. Like Aguero against United last season.
However Wickham hit a good shot yes, but it was at a good height for a keeper and in an area where Hart really should have covered.
It was very poor keeping.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby failsworthblue » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:18 pm

Cit.revenge wrote:
I Just Blue Myself wrote:Now, I dare anyone to tell me with a straight face that his positioning is correct here.

Really this is almost amazing how out of touch he is here , even better on this pic u see that player is going from goal on hes(Hart) left side, has Kompany on him ,cant do anything but shoot at first corner or by some luck strike a billion % shoot with some reflection to go on other half of that goal.Hes not only way to far from hes post , hes even go out in totally wrong way , effectivelly not closing the angle but open hes left side . Now when striker hit ball here, Hart with hes ability should stop that shoot and hes had a quick reflex to jump but he left so much space that even with hes reflex witch are great ,he just can close that first post.Hes position on this pic is like player is coming at him directly .World class keeper would be at list two step two the left and that shoot would be saved.At the end if Bob stay he would not be number one , Pelle'r is bench him and that is saying a lot.

To Lazy , thinks everything will come his way.
A proper manager will get rid.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum