Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby PeterParker » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:35 pm

Chopper wrote:
PeterParker wrote:For us to replace Hart (and i want that), we need something better all lined up. But what is something better?

From Chelsea, Filth, Liverpool and Arse, only Chelsea has the better keeper than us and that is Cech who is a great keeper, but sometimes he does horrible mistakes.

That been said, let's look at our options:

1) From EPL: no one. Simple, who can you get better than Joe beside the one mentioned above? No one.

2) Foreigner. We have the h.g. problem, but we can solve that with a reserve keeper. So, Casillas? Not in a million years. Handanovic? First season at a big club, decent, not excelent? Who else? From Germany? Trapp? Not much difference between him and Joey. France? Mandanda? Maybe, but a huge gamble. Sirigu? No way he goes.

Personally, i saw two names today that were linked to us, one i liked, the second scared me shitless. I will start with the second, it was Pepe Reina. Who in his right mind will sign that clown? Pepe Reina became big under Pellers at Villareal, so that is the link.

The second one, the option that i really like, but again, not sure how he can be in the EPL, Willy Caballero. Solid keeper, Pellers had him at Malaga, no mistake prone, overall, great keeper.

This Joe situation will be huge in the summer and we have to take it really smart and professional.

Bollox. Ruddy and Panti have both performed better this season. Its taken a long time for me to doubt Joe but he literally is Calamity James part 2.

Someone asked this above regarding Joe and i will adapt it here. Can you see us winning the league, UCL or god knows what, with Ruddy or Pants?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby roblues » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:19 pm

Chopper wrote:
PeterParker wrote:For us to replace Hart (and i want that), we need something better all lined up. But what is something better?

From Chelsea, Filth, Liverpool and Arse, only Chelsea has the better keeper than us and that is Cech who is a great keeper, but sometimes he does horrible mistakes.

1) From EPL: no one. Simple, who can you get better than Joe beside the one mentioned above? No one.

2) Foreigner. We have the h.g. problem, but we can solve that with a reserve keeper. So, Casillas? Not in a million years. Handanovic? First season at a big club, decent, not excelent? Who else? From Germany? Trapp? Not much difference between him and Joey. France? Mandanda? Maybe, but a huge gamble. Sirigu? No way he goes.

Personally, i saw two names today that were linked to us, one i liked, the second scared me shitless. I will start with the second, it was Pepe Reina. Who in his right mind will sign that clown? Pepe Reina became big under Pellers at Villareal, so that is the link.

The second one, the option that i really like, but again, not sure how he can be in the EPL, Willy Caballero. Solid keeper, Pellers had him at Malaga, no mistake prone, overall, great keeper.

This Joe situation will be huge in the summer and we have to take it really smart and professional.

Bollox. Ruddy and Panti have both performed better this season. Its taken a long time for me to doubt Joe but he literally is Calamity James part 2.

I'm assuming this comment is from an England perspective, as Jamo was one of our best keepers while I've been alive
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:59 pm

roblues wrote:
Chopper wrote:

I'm assuming this comment is from an England perspective, as Jamo was one of our best keepers while I've been alive

I'm sure the proud people of Iceland love their keepers too.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:08 am

Wooders wrote:Him out, kevin trapp from frankfurt in pls

i can't even pretend to know jack shit about him. What do you think he improves from Joe or Captain underPants?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby zabbadabbado » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:42 am

Only Al Habsi of relegated Wigan had more unforced errors than Joe Hart last season.That is a terrible indictment off England's number 1.I agree with the poster who says can you see us winning the Champions League with him ,can i fuck.

Every time we have a big game is the same.These games are the ones that put the silver on the sideboard.Bayern Munich at home it was over before we even got going because off his shit keeping.

We need to get rid.He is a boyhood RAG fan so Sell him to those cunts in Stretford ?,marriage made in heaven.joke keeper goes to joke Club,he will be with his best mates Wio and Wooney.We cant keep a keeper in net that costs us 10 + points a season.They are supposed to save you 10+ points a season.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Cit.revenge » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:12 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:I just don' understand how Wickham scored that second goal last night. He wasn't at a good angle and if he had managed to somehow fire a shot past Hart into the far corner of the net then fair play but he beat him on his inside post with a decent but by no means spectacular hit.
Very poor keeping.

I do. It was a cracking goal.well worked on the break , perfectly prepared pass , one touch forward onto his best foot and superbly placed beyond the goalies reach.

Credit where it's due. We don't like it, but it was a great strike.

The fact that it was a good pass is irrelevant as is the fact it was well worked on the break. The touch wasn't that great to be honest and took him wide.
I just watched the goal again. The only place Wickham could score was on the near post, it was a decent hit yes, but it was the only place he could score and was a nice height for the keeper. No way should he have been beaten from that angle.

The problem is that in that moment Hart must be a lot closer to hes first post , a lot .That is where hes had stinker.Hes average for me ,good guy but 12 points at list his season from him was well amateur just spilled with his fault. I 'm sure he and saved a couple of points but World class goalies are in plus at the end.From top of my head some of goalies i believe are better then Hart and would be at list covering that first post - Cech , Mignolet ,Howard,Begovic ,Krul ,Casillas , Reina ,Handanovic , De Sanctis , Akinfeev ,Neuer, Cesar ,Buffon , that is my opinon. Just take a look at the last two seasons and do the math.It's not hard.And look at that goal again at the moment Wickham shoot , i m sure Hart has no felling where hes at , because he left side of the goal is completly open and Wickham coming from that side (hes never going to make it to goal in fact hes going away from it to the left and he had Kompany on him) .That is why that is a Hart fault , just basic stuff .What is the first job of keeper on this situation , cover your corner and if u can reduce angle , he did nothing.And if that is hes only blunder i would say ok , Where he was at first Liverpool goal ,also or Chelsea game ,Aston Vila ,Cardiff and on and on .....
Last edited by Cit.revenge on Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wooders » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:49 am

DoomMerchant wrote: i can't even pretend to know jack shit about him. What do you think he improves from Joe or Captain underPants? cheers

All the good qualities of joe and doesnt hoof the ball in the general direction of their best midfielder
I would imagine you'll get to see him
In brazil if something happens to nueur
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:25 am

Nah, I like Trapp, but he's not going to Brazil. Weidenfeller, ter Stegen, Adler & Zieler are all in front of him in the pecking order (even if the latter two shouldn't be) & you could argue that Baumann, Fahrmann, Leno & Ulreich are on a similar level. Sadly, his injury screwed him a bit in that regard. Top young keeper tho.

Also, Loris Karius is doing alright for Mainz. Only 20 years old and has taken the number one spot in a team playing for the Europa League. Maybe we should've kept him at least for the quota?
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby PeterParker » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:18 am

I Just Blue Myself wrote:Nah, I like Trapp, but he's not going to Brazil. Weidenfeller, ter Stegen, Adler & Zieler are all in front of him in the pecking order (even if the latter two shouldn't be) & you could argue that Baumann, Fahrmann, Leno & Ulreich are on a similar level. Sadly, his injury screwed him a bit in that regard. Top young keeper tho.

Also, Loris Karius is doing alright for Mainz. Only 20 years old and has taken the number one spot in a team playing for the Europa League. Maybe we should've kept him at least for the quota?

You seem to know better so i am going to ask you this. What about Kraft?

Imho, at Bayern, before Neuer, he was incredible, top keeper. Liked him a lot, smooth reflexes, some incredible saves, then i have no idea what happend to him.

Can he be a solution?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:25 am

Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Good discuussion doesn't sound like a rant at all.

Provoking

Telling the truth is provoking.Explains a few things.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby City64 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:47 am

Hart has been crap !!! Not looking for scapegoats but he alone has cost us loads of points this season ie Chelsea away , Villa away , Cardiff away , Sunderland at home ........ All basic shite errors . Pants has been far more consistent so now we have a huge problem to solve between the sticks . Kompany hasn't been himself this season , he has been frantic and not the calm assured center half we know , still world class though ....... I blame Hart errors and shite kicking having an effect on Kompany,s form plus we don't defend aswell as a unit under Pellegrini as we did under Mancini . All said and done it needs fucking sorting ASAP !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby walmai » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:00 am

In the last friendly international we played, I had my doubts about Hart; he rode his luck behind a slightly shaky defence. It got me thinking.

When you won the title, you were indebted to the bloke and he had a tight and organised defence in front of him.

He had a bit of a poor season last season and, of course, got dropped by Pellegrini and had to work his way back.

I could not believe what I was seeing last weekend, against Sterling at Anfield; he came out and then placed himself behind Kompany in no man's land.

I make it a question of concentration and it seems to me that, whereas he used to be calmer, the blood seems to rush to his head now and he panics and makes costly mistakes.

Not a good omen for England's chances, behind Cahill and Jagielka.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:04 am

There's complete and utter fucking horse shit being spouted in this thread. Up until the Liverpool game Hart had done fuck all wrong following being reinstated in the team. The likes of it's always the big games he fucks up is just pure nonsense. He kept us in the game against Liverpool at home for example.

Someone mentioning Ruddy as a better alternative? More fucking horse shit.

His clean sheets are mentioned in his defence but the naysayers shout that down and then blame him for nearly every goal we concede. Listen to yourselves ffs.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wooders » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:13 am

Begovic, Vorm, Migniolet, De Gea, Fabianski are all better than him
When he comes back to Chelsea, Courtious will be better as well
Not fact but my opinion
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:19 am

Rag_hater wrote:
Telling the truth is provoking.Explains a few things.

Why not debate the points you disagree with?

I think it's because you can't.

So you provoke.
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:21 am

Wooders wrote:Begovic, Vorm, Migniolet, De Gea, Fabianski are all better than him
When he comes back to Chelsea, Courtious will be better as well
Not fact but my opinion

Do you watch them keepers week in week out? I can only imagine what this place would be like had Hart conceded that goal against Negredo or let that effort from Bardsley slip through his fingers in the COC semi final.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby zuricity » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:35 am

Herb wrote:
Just love your blue tints - the fact is that Joe may perhaps be the best English keeper but he simply isn't good for football at the level we aspire to play it.
I quite honestly love the guy for all his efforts but he cost us at least 10 points last season (3 against the rags for sure) which in total put us 13 points behind the scum and lost us a crack at the title. In this season alone his comedy capers cost us 10 clear points in the first 2 months and put us on the back foot thereon in.
He's a truly nice fella but his good stats, when he has 'em, are virtue of his sitting behind a great defence and a team that tends to dominate possession.
Loyalty is a wonderful attribute but there are no points awarded for sticking with a clown like Joe and the sooner we get a decent keeper the better for the club and the fan.

Do the decent thing Joe - if you care for this club then pack your kit bag and go and amaze them in the bottom half of the table where you'll look like a star amongst the average. You know it and we know it so if you're still here next season then you're milking our club for your OTT wages and that ain't 'decent' is it eh? So do the decent thing.

What blue tints ? I am not defending Joe at all.

If Sergio had scored that we'd be saying how brilliant he is. Case in point , Sergios cracking left footed screamer at Chelsea . I bet he can't do that so often.

A good goal must be seen for what it is. Samir's goal that levelled the game was very lucky because of the goalies mistake.

Saying joe should have a better angle at the near post is easy. It was , nevertheless a cracking strike . I would argue more of a great strike than poor goalkeeping.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:41 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:The fact that it was a good pass is irrelevant as is the fact it was well worked on the break. The touch wasn't that great to be honest and took him wide.
I just watched the goal again. The only place Wickham could score was on the near post, it was a decent hit yes, but it was the only place he could score and was a nice height for the keeper. No way should he have been beaten from that angle.

Er, the touch was great, it allowed him to slot the ball home. In his stride. Give the guy some credit, even if he couldn't do it again.

It's cheap to dig at a goalie on such goals. It was a great goal. Start a thread about their goalie giving us two cheap goals.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Cit.revenge » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:44 am

I watch plenty and i can tell that Begovic ,Mignolet (had few) ,Handanovic , De Sanctis (he had one mistake but save Roma 10 times one on one),Neuer. This keepers i can say bring their team points and did not have errors like Hart did(in that number and just basic mistakes) maybe one or two blunders but for example Mignolet really save amazing stuff this season. I like the man (Hart), but when i count last two season i can make a video of hes blunders witch directly cost us . This goal from Sunderland he make same crap last season away .Great shot by Adam, but he must be better position on that goal and Wickham .Nobody here is saying hes complete shit , hes good just not great .He make great saves but he drop all that when he make trips like against Chelsea ,Liverpool ,Vila,Cardiff or not position self better on that Sunderland goal . Nevermind that hes not good enough on delivery and corners ,where Panti is much better.I like Hart but there is better keepers who would save us more points and that is not fact it's opinion of some people and me.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:47 am

Wooders wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote: i can't even pretend to know jack shit about him. What do you think he improves from Joe or Captain underPants? cheers

All the good qualities of joe and doesnt hoof the ball in the general direction of their best midfielder
I would imagine you'll get to see him
In brazil if something happens to nueur

Chortle.

If he's in net at the start of next season then you'd have to ask questions about the ambitions of the club.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum