Micah Richards

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Micah Richards

Postby john@staustell » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:23 am

Tricky job this mixing short-termism and long-termism.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:37 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Slim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:According to the MUEN, we currently have one place left for a 'foreign' player, which DESPERATELY needs to be a central defender if Lescott is going. There are no English, nor academy players who are anywhere near good enough to take that spot next season.

Richards though imo is miles a better bet at cb than any English player we could currently sign for that job, or any of the current academy alternatives, so that is another reason not to get rid of him without really considering our situation.

Count is giving nothing away regarding that, says Richards has one year on his contract & now is not the time to talk about it .

I don't think either Rekik or Huws will be worthwhile first team players for City, & if we have to rely on either next season, I think we are in deep deep shit. Cole could become a player & Lopes probably will be, but both will be fringe players at best next season I would think.

We probably have one year of breathing space though, whilst the contracts of Richards & Milner come into discussion.

We could keep both, sign a cb, poss flog Dzeko & sign a key player there. Then maybe bring in someone like Barkley.

The biggest worry for me is Lescott going. We have no reliable partner/cover for VK once he goes.

Even if we sign a player who is the best young cb in the history of football, it might take him 2 seasons to settle into the Prem.

Lescott is an absolute dream of a player to have in the squad & no other British team in our position would ever let a player like that leave.

What if we were to buy Shaw for instance, ship Clichy or Kolarov. Two spots open for new defenders!

Clichy doesn't take up a 'foreign' spot, he's association grown.

Tbh, I don't like the idea of buying Shaw for the simple reason that we have kids at different age groups who look to have potential to play that role. Obviously the club know better, & perhaps some of those players will adapt to end up in different positions anyway, but with Shaw being so young, he is blocking off that spot for someone, for years to come.

He is obviously talented, but imo the only thing he has on some of the City lads is his physique. They may well have more quality & football intelligence than he does. Bul like I say, that possibly means they could end up playing elsewhere.

In the end I suppose they will do what they think is best for the club.

A number of things to be considered I guess, first up the quota, secondly how long before we have a left back ready to step up to the senior ranks? and also how long do Kolarov and Clichy have left on their current deals?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:23 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:According to the MUEN, we currently have one place left for a 'foreign' player, which DESPERATELY needs to be a central defender if Lescott is going. There are no English, nor academy players who are anywhere near good enough to take that spot next season.

Richards though imo is miles a better bet at cb than any English player we could currently sign for that job, or any of the current academy alternatives, so that is another reason not to get rid of him without really considering our situation.

Count is giving nothing away regarding that, says Richards has one year on his contract & now is not the time to talk about it .

I don't think either Rekik or Huws will be worthwhile first team players for City, & if we have to rely on either next season, I think we are in deep deep shit. Cole could become a player & Lopes probably will be, but both will be fringe players at best next season I would think.

We probably have one year of breathing space though, whilst the contracts of Richards & Milner come into discussion.

We could keep both, sign a cb, poss flog Dzeko & sign a key player there. Then maybe bring in someone like Barkley.

The biggest worry for me is Lescott going. We have no reliable partner/cover for VK once he goes.

Even if we sign a player who is the best young cb in the history of football, it might take him 2 seasons to settle into the Prem.

Lescott is an absolute dream of a player to have in the squad & no other British team in our position would ever let a player like that leave.

What if we were to buy Shaw for instance, ship Clichy or Kolarov. Two spots open for new defenders!

Clichy doesn't take up a 'foreign' spot, he's association grown.

Tbh, I don't like the idea of buying Shaw for the simple reason that we have kids at different age groups who look to have potential to play that role. Obviously the club know better, & perhaps some of those players will adapt to end up in different positions anyway, but with Shaw being so young, he is blocking off that spot for someone, for years to come.

He is obviously talented, but imo the only thing he has on some of the City lads is his physique. They may well have more quality & football intelligence than he does. Bul like I say, that possibly means they could end up playing elsewhere.

In the end I suppose they will do what they think is best for the club.

A number of things to be considered I guess, first up the quota, secondly how long before we have a left back ready to step up to the senior ranks? and also how long do Kolarov and Clichy have left on their current deals?

I think Clichy has about a year left. Not sure about Kolarov.

It will be at least a couple of years before we get a viable fullback from the academy I would have thought. But if we decided to replace Kolarov or Clichy, I'd rather we go for someone less expensive & more experienced than Shaw.

But I suppose if they decide he is a better prospect than our kids, then they may go for him. I suppose it's possible he could play more than just fullback too, so perhaps there is room for him plus an academy player if that is the case.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:29 am

I think he's going to be a superstar, but if he doesn't free up another spot(FIBD mentioned it) then I'd rather hold out for an academy product.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:44 am

Slim wrote:I think he's going to be a superstar, but if he doesn't free up another spot(FIBD mentioned it) then I'd rather hold out for an academy product.

That's the thing with 18/19 year olds playing first team football; you always think that you are seeing the tiip of the iceburg, but some of them, in fact many of them, you are actually seeing the whole thing, & it soon starts to melt.

If we are only seeing the potential of what Shaw can be, then I agree, he will be something very special. If however, this is it, then we are possibly seeing his best spell right now & will see his flaws start to develop in the coming years. If that is the case, then we may have lads who will turn out better. Not my decision thankfully.

Micah Richards at centre back, was to me just about the most nailed on superstar as an actual defender I've ever seen. So much better than Nastasic etc it's frightening. Can't get a game there now, even when we have injuries.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:46 am

Has anyone ever seen Luke Shaw interviewed ?

Has he got a brain or is he the usual 'yer know' 'wikiiieed' kind of typical English thicko footballer ?

That may be the deciding factor.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 am

Rather than Shaw, could we go out and sign the talent spotters and coaches from Southampton's academy, as they've done a fantastic job over the last few years.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:55 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:I think he's going to be a superstar, but if he doesn't free up another spot(FIBD mentioned it) then I'd rather hold out for an academy product.

That's the thing with 18/19 year olds playing first team football; you always think that you are seeing the tiip of the iceburg, but some of them, in fact many of them, you are actually seeing the whole thing, & it soon starts to melt.

If we are only seeing the potential of what Shaw can be, then I agree, he will be something very special. If however, this is it, then we are possibly seeing his best spell right now & will see his flaws start to develop in the coming years. If that is the case, then we may have lads who will turn out better. Not my decision thankfully.

Micah Richards at centre back, was to me just about the most nailed on superstar as an actual defender I've ever seen. So much better than Nastasic etc it's frightening. Can't get a game there now, even when we have injuries.

I don't understand why he can't get a game there now. I think both you and I said it when we signed Demichelis that our best option alongside Kompany was Micah, you know he isn't going to dislodge Zabs, so for the life of me I can't understand how Pellers hasn't seen this yet.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:44 am

Slim wrote: I don't understand why he can't get a game there now. I think both you and I said it when we signed Demichelis that our best option alongside Kompany was Micah, you know he isn't going to dislodge Zabs, so for the life of me I can't understand how Pellers hasn't seen this yet.

I can only assume he's a cunt in training, cos I've been asking this for 5 seasons.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:26 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Slim wrote: I don't understand why he can't get a game there now. I think both you and I said it when we signed Demichelis that our best option alongside Kompany was Micah, you know he isn't going to dislodge Zabs, so for the life of me I can't understand how Pellers hasn't seen this yet.

I can only assume he's a cunt in training, cos I've been asking this for 5 seasons.

Not what Doug says; the opposite.

Micah seems to be given less leeway when he plays there, than others. He usually does slip up a bit here & there, when he gets drafted back in at cb, but no moreso than anyone else. The general theme though seems to be; 'give Boateng, Savic, Nastasic, Demichelis, a chance' wheras with Micah it's 'fucking drop him, not good enough'.

Had he never been pushed out to fullback, I think he would be a very reliable cb now, possibly one of the best. And perfectly good enough on the ball too. I can remember Alan Hansen showing a highlights package of Richards after one game & some of the stuff he showed was moves involving Micah in possession of the ball & running from deep.

Any neutral at that time would have said Micah was a star in the making at cb. Nastasic for example, has never even got close to that level & probably never will.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:10 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
phips wrote:cant see Milner leaving. he said a few weeks ago he wants to stay and wants an extension...it could just be pandering though.

Milner unfortunately for him is good in a lot of positions, rather than excellent in one. He'll do a good job on either wing, defensive mdifield, attacking midfield, even fullback. He might even have a few excellent games in any of these positions but he doesn't consistently perform to a very high standard in any singular position.

He's a great squad player to have but I can't see him becoming a regular starter for us.

How can he perform consistently when he isn't picked consistently?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:14 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
phips wrote:cant see Milner leaving. he said a few weeks ago he wants to stay and wants an extension...it could just be pandering though.

Milner unfortunately for him is good in a lot of positions, rather than excellent in one. He'll do a good job on either wing, defensive mdifield, attacking midfield, even fullback. He might even have a few excellent games in any of these positions but he doesn't consistently perform to a very high standard in any singular position.

He's a great squad player to have but I can't see him becoming a regular starter for us.

How can he perform consistently when he isn't picked consistently?

He does sometimes get a run of games.
Who is he going to replace if everyone's fit? Nasri? No. Silva? No. Toure or Fernandinho? No.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dameerto » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:15 pm

You can't use his form as an excuse for him not being a regular and then ask who he is going to replace. You're flipping all over the place. And is Pellegrini would consider him for central midfield he would have had a number of games by now covering for injury. I bow to the Engineer's judgement though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:29 pm

Dameerto wrote:You can't use his form as an excuse for him not being a regular and then ask who he is going to replace. You're flipping all over the place. And is Pellegrini would consider him for central midfield he would have had a number of games by now covering for injury. I bow to the Engineer's judgement though.

He's good in a lot of positions but not good enough in any one to really make it his own on a permanent basis.
Good squad player.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dameerto » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:32 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Dameerto wrote:You can't use his form as an excuse for him not being a regular and then ask who he is going to replace. You're flipping all over the place. And is Pellegrini would consider him for central midfield he would have had a number of games by now covering for injury. I bow to the Engineer's judgement though.

He's good in a lot of positions but not good enough in any one to really make it his own on a permanent basis.
Good squad player.

I think the Bayern away form would be seen a lot more if he played more. I don't think the reason he isn't played more is that he is inconsistent.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby PeterParker » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:21 pm

He might go in the summer and i am gutted about that, but i think this is his fault.

Beside that, i really dislike that we are linked with Dani Alves who will leave Spain in the summer.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby bigblue » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:31 pm

john@staustell wrote:Tricky job this mixing short-termism and long-termism.

Holistic
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:09 pm

PeterParker wrote:He might go in the summer and i am gutted about that, but i think this is his fault.

Beside that, i really dislike that we are linked with Dani Alves who will leave Spain in the summer.

Likewise.

Given Micah's injury problems and record, I think it's time for Milner to re-invent himself and slot in at right-back, where he would settle in quite quickly.

He'd also get far more game time than at present and save the Club spending a boatload of cash on some, soon to be, clapped out foreign individual.

We could also generate some useful funds by selling Micah to Stoke, where the Manager there seems to have a penchant for spending big on injury prone footballers (Roque Santa Cruz springs to mind).
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Lee_R » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:27 pm

I remember it all changing for Micah when he decided he wanted to become a bit of a muscle man.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:41 pm

Lee_R wrote:I remember it all changing for Micah when he decided he wanted to become a bit of a muscle man.

I always said he looked like an NFL quarterback
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum