MOTD - Media Bias Against City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: MOTD - Media Bias Against City

Postby Duckman » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:58 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:Much better highlights on Sky Sports News this morning plus they covered actually how fuckin cold it was inside the Etihad and how nearly everyone was having to wear a beanie ! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr im still fuckin shivering ffs , lol

It was understandable why people fucked off early yesterday. I also think the conditions had an affect on the game and that's why it was so flat. It's OK having under-soil heating but that doesn't keep the muscles warm. It must've been below zero in the stadium yesterday and if it wasn't for the heating system in the pitch, a game could never/shouldn't really be played.

windchill of around minus 9 mate apparently ...... now thats fuckin cold !

That's cold. Our stadium design doesn't help either, it turns the place into a great big refridgerator.

There is no heating in the stands?

I have not been to a lot of european stadiums, in fact, went only to Bernabeu, and they have this things that heat the stands, from above, from the ceiling of the stands.
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:04 am

Weren't they experimenting with warmed seats a season or two ago? I vaguely remember something about it.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:06 am

Dameerto wrote:Weren't they experimenting with warmed seats a season or two ago? I vaguely remember something about it.

They have and they have implemented it in certain areas. Pity it's just for the posh folk though.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:55 am

Beefymcfc wrote:They have and they have implemented it in certain areas. Pity it's just for the posh folk though.

Went on the tour recently and the corporate seats are not only fully padded but they have the heated function for either your arse, back, or both.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Bear60 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 pm

MOTD will never change Utd have been the media's darlings since I was a kid in the sixties nothing will change so FUCK Em
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:32 pm

Bear60 wrote:MOTD will never change Utd have been the media's darlings since I was a kid in the sixties nothing will change so FUCK Em

We've made a small bit of headway I think, VK being on there etc. The media is awash with rags, scouse & London bias though, so it's going to take a lots of continued success in order to build up our influence. But that's what will happen anyway, so happy days.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:50 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:That's cold. Our stadium design doesn't help either, it turns the place into a great big refridgerator.

warm beefy, i go jogging in colder weather!!!

i think the problem you have back home is the moisture in the air... it's always damp. I've just been for a long walk with my dog and whilst it is cold , the air is very, very dry.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:52 pm

zuricity wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:That's cold. Our stadium design doesn't help either, it turns the place into a great big refridgerator.

i think the problem you have back home is the moisture in the air... it's always damp. I've just been for a long walk with my dog and whilst it is cold , the air is very, very dry.

Yes, totally different conditions. People whinging about it doesn't make it any better.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Yes, totally different conditions. People whinging about it doesn't make it any better.

haha ! i love it i'm having snow, snow, snow, more snow, baked beans and snow!
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:51 pm

zuricity wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Yes, totally different conditions. People whinging about it doesn't make it any better.

haha ! i love it i'm having snow, snow, snow, more snow, baked beans and snow!

I've just had a snow butty, bloody beautiful.

Can't wait for MotD tonight, should be fun.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:29 am

Got to say, the Etihad is the coldest stadium I've ever been in, it's like a wind tunnel. Always remember SP's swansong season for being simultaneously bored out of my mind and frozen half to death.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby ant london » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:37 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Yes, totally different conditions. People whinging about it doesn't make it any better.

Agree 100%.....when me and my missus left KZ at Christmas it was minus 29 degrees and we were colder at the Etihad than we had been for weeks outside in those kind of conditions. Mental.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Yffi_88 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:15 pm

Mark Champan taking over MOTD2 - Big rag replaces Big dipper.

:

Colin Murray is to leave the BBC's Match Of The Day 2 programme at the end of this season, the BBC has announced.

The former Radio 1 DJ, who has presented the sports show since 2010, will be replaced by Mark "Chappers" Chapman, another ex-Radio 1 voice.

In a statement, the BBC thanked Murray "for his great contribution".

He will continue to play a "key role" in BBC output on 5 Live and across TV output for darts and American Football, it added.

Murray was named Music Broadcaster Of The Year at the Sony Radio Academy Awards in 2007 and made the transition from music to sport presenting from 2006 when he hosted the sports-themed panel show Fighting Talk on 5 Live.

Chapman, who made his name as a sports newsreader on Radio 1's Scott Mills show, has previously hosted Channel 5's Football Night and Final Score at the BBC.

:
City Are Back...
Yffi_88
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:09 pm

I will be glad to see the back of Murray, I can't stand that man.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:30 pm

Dameerto wrote:I will be glad to see the back of Murray, I can't stand that man.

Agreed. But as Yffi points out, we get a rag in his place.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:13 pm

I don't know which one's worse. Chapman reminds me of Phil 'The Duncan Edwards' Jones having a peanut filled shit!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:26 pm

If Murray and Chapman didn't support the teams they support, I'd like them a lot more.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:39 pm

dazby wrote:If Murray and Chapman didn't support the teams they support, I'd like them a lot more.

No you wouldn't mate. They'd be insignificant piss-ants who you wouldn't put out of their misery if their legs had been pulled off.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:42 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
dazby wrote:If Murray and Chapman didn't support the teams they support, I'd like them a lot more.

No you wouldn't mate. They'd be insignificant piss-ants who you wouldn't put out of their misery if their legs had been pulled off.

In light of Beefy's comment I'd like to retract my previous statement. I hate them with all my might and would hate them more if they supported different clubs. Grrrr Grrrr!!!
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:53 pm

I had no idea who Murray supported when I decided he was a knobhead - he was presenting an American Football programme on one of the other channels at the time.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum