KAMIKAZE! [MERGED]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

KAMIKAZE! [MERGED]

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:34 pm

You fucking OBSESSED BITTER red nosed Cunt

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... t-spending

"Over the last two or three years we have seen very wealthy owners become part of football clubs and therefore go on this kamikaze effort to spend their money," he said. "It is amazing the amounts of money that are being bandied about in the present-day game. Some people may think it could be dangerous. But if they have that kind of money, they are certainly using it.

By my reckoning, the shit have bought around 15 players of over £10 Million or more since 1998, yet following Anelka, the next time we spent over £10 million was for Robby two years ago.
Last edited by Manx Blue on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: KAMIKAZE!

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:35 pm

brilliant title for the thread
but i have no idea as to what ur on aboot
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:47 pm

Fuck this! It's all kicking off in the 'MCF 5-A-Side results & fixtures' thread so I'm off to lurk over on there ;)
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby HeyMark » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:51 pm

MaseCTID wrote:Fuck this! It's all kicking off in the 'MCF 5-A-Side results & fixtures' thread so I'm off to lurk over on there ;)

Just had a quick look over there myself, i'll be keeping my eye on that thread ;)
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Taggart is rattled

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:04 pm

Done really like Scum threads, but this guy is now seriously rattled. He wanted Touré, Silva and Balotelli, but watches them go to us. His latest interview on SSN today betrays all his old, whiskey-soaked bitterness.

Edged with fear.

He's not an idiot like these biased so-called experts on TV who put us 5th again. People like him, Ancelotti and Drogba (all in the last week) can see the writing on the wall.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Taggart is rattled

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:05 pm

what's the cunt said now then mate? just got in from work.
The Man In Blue

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:08 pm

john@staustell wrote:Done really like Scum threads, but this guy is now seriously rattled. He wanted Touré, Silva and Balotelli, but watches them go to us. His latest interview on SSN today betrays all his old, whiskey-soaked bitterness.

Edged with fear.

He's not an idiot like these biased so-called experts on TV who put us 5th again. People like him, Ancelotti and Drogba (all in the last week) can see the writing on the wall.

have you been a spendin a time with Roberto mate???

Dunno what you mean re Ancelotti though....he's been prettye positive re us in everything ive seen

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has said that if Roberto Mancini gels his squad effectively, Manchester City could challenge for the title.

Interviewed by Italian daily Corriere dello Sport, Ancelotti was asked if Manchester City could make a title challenge. He replied, “It all depends on Mancini.

“If he manages to assemble very strong players like Yaya Toure , Silva and Balotelli in a hurry, then yes, City will be ready to fight for first place.”
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:11 pm

Something along the lines of kamikaze spending money etc, cant buy you success (LOL about that!!), and all that. All said with his unique vitriolic style.

Sir Alex Ferguson
Sir Alex Ferguson had a thinly-veiled dig at Manchester City by accusing some of Manchester United’s rivals of going on a "kamikaze" spending spree.

Ferguson did not mention any club by name. However, given Manchester City unveiled their latest big-money capture, Mario Balotelli, barely an hour before the United boss spoke, and confirmed James Milner is on the verge of completing his switch from Aston Villa, it was fairly easy to come up with a suggestion.

By the time they sign Milner, City will have spent around £125million this summer, way in excess of any other Premier League club.

In paying wages believed to be in excess of £200,000 a week to Yaya Toure, City have done much to fuel a situation where Ferguson insists there is no value in the transfer market.

United’s critics argue that is a convenient foil for the financial restraints that exist due to huge debts incurred by the Glazer family.

Yet, flanked by his own close-season purchases - Javier Hernandez, Chris Smalling and Bebe - Ferguson outlined his own view of transfer inflation that he does not believe will come to an end for a good while yet.

"Over the last two or three years we have seen very wealthy owners become part of football clubs and therefore go on this kamikaze effort to spend their money," he said.

"It is amazing the amounts of money that are being bandied about in the present day game.

"Some people may think it could be dangerous. But if they have that kind of money, they are certainly using it.

"I don’t see it abating. The kind of spending we are seeing at the moment will be here for two or three years, until such time as they understand you can’t necessarily achieve all the time by spending."

Although United failed to capture two of Germany's rising stars, Sami Khedira and Mesut Ozil, who have both agreed moves to Real Madrid, Ferguson views investment in younger players as being of far more benefit to the Red Devils.

For a start, youngsters come with a more realistic price tag.

Almost as importantly, they can build an affinity and loyalty to their surroundings that is not easily broken.

"Young players develop if you are looking after them properly," said Ferguson.

"They do have a loyalty because they appreciate the education you give them as coaches.

"How we treat players is important.

"It is difficult to know what other clubs think. We are just the type of club who can do it.

"The foundations of this club were built on young people, going back to the 1950s. It has not really left.

"Maybe the difference is that other clubs don’t have the consistency in manager and staff that Manchester United have."

Not that Ferguson is ruling out the possibility of ever signing more experienced players.

It is only two years since he spent a club record £30.75million on Dimitar Berbatov and with Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Edwin van der Sar and Gary Neville all nearing the end of their careers, it may be impossible to rely solely on youth.

"There will be a time when we have to buy a more mature player," Ferguson said.

"At the moment, this is a young players club. But they will grow old too. In 10 years’ time, we will be looking to replace them.

"Hopefully they are there in 10 years’ time. That is the object in terms of having a long-term vision for the club."
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:12 pm

ant london wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Done really like Scum threads, but this guy is now seriously rattled. He wanted Touré, Silva and Balotelli, but watches them go to us. His latest interview on SSN today betrays all his old, whiskey-soaked bitterness.

Edged with fear.

have you been a spendin a time with Roberto mate???

Dunno what you mean re Ancelotti though....he's been prettye positive re us in everything ive seen

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has said that if Roberto Mancini gels his squad effectively, Manchester City could challenge for the title.

Interviewed by Italian daily Corriere dello Sport, Ancelotti was asked if Manchester City could make a title challenge. He replied, “It all depends on Mancini.

“If he manages to assemble very strong players like Yaya Toure , Silva and Balotelli in a hurry, then yes, City will be ready to fight for first place.”

Think you mis-read me Ant. I said that those people like Ancelotti can see we are a threat, unlike the TV pundits.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:17 pm

this is the last summer we're allegedly spending like this according to Gary Cook. We've accelerated all our spending plans due to Platini, and think we've got the foundation for a more focused long-term strategy that involves reasonable spending every window instead of widespread squad building like we've done over the last 15 months.

If someone were to ask City about that i'm sure we would tell them those things about our strategy, but it is easier to shoot arrows and create a glamorous headline about how much we're spending and ruining the game. It's sexier...end of football, etc. Esp. if those teams like the scum and scouse 1 start to falter. They can blame it all on us and how we've ruined the game, and not on their shite ownership and poor buys and plans.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:18 pm

Talk of not seeing value in the market, yet he has just paid £7m for a homeless guy who the week before had been transferred for pennies.

That would be considered a vastly over inflated price for a player under any circumstances.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby daveh1962 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:20 pm

I have just watched his press conference he looks and sounds totally pissed
daveh1962
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:21 pm

ferguson looks like a pissed up old cunt. Because he IS a pissed up old cunt. Ozil 11.5m? doesnt sound kamikaze to me!, sounds like all your targets are getting torpedoed! never mind soak, make do with chris smallsigning
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Pablo Sacramento » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:16 pm

To me Kamikaze spending would be paying £7.5m on a Portugese tramp... but that just my definition.
"Twas Derby day the scores were level,
Then Foe whacked the ball to Neville,
Gary messed up and now knows for sure,
If you feed the Goat then he will score!
Pablo Sacramento
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Monkey Butlers
My favourite player is: Cassanova

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:37 pm

Just seen on SSN that Taggart didn't get to see Bebe play prior to buying him. You van imagine the conversation with the Glazers can't you:

MG: So Alex, who you looking to get in this window?

BF: Well, I've got my eye on that Yaya bloke..... (pours a small glass of old Malt) .....from Barca!

MG: Ohhhh, sorry Big A, City have put a massive bid in; anyone else?

BF: (takes a Slug of Malt) I'm getting sick of those skip rats! Well what about David Silva from Valencia, I've been after him for a while remember?

MG: Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh, we tried, but they got there before us again. Maybe next time eh; anyone else?

BF: (Pours a large one, clutches the glass and takes it all in one). What the hell's going on, they're the fucking noisy neighbours, they shouldn't be able to get players we want!!! Is that Italian lad still availa......... (cut short by MG)

MG: Errrr, no, he's gone as well, sorry. Anyway, don't worry Mr F, we've sorted someone for you, someone for now and the future.

BF: Thank fuck for that, so we've got Milner a year early then?

MG: Errrrrrrrrrr, sort of pal.........

BF: What'd ya mean 'Sort Of'?

MG: Well, he's not English and he doesn't play for Villa! (Fergie grabs bottle and slowly sips it straight) But he does come from where Ronaldo comes from and can play anyhere up top..............a snip at 8 million as well. What'd ya think, you wanna come and log on to YouTube or do you want to wait to see him on the training ground?

BF: (Necks the rest of the bottle and heads for the door).

MG: What's wrong Alex, don't you know we are in a recession?

BF: Recession, RE'FUCKING'CESSION.............those fucking noisy neighbours are coming to break down the fucking doors and you give me cast offs, waifs, strays, and leave me with blokes who should be working on fucking Match of the Day! Fuck this, I'm off for another Malt, at least that's not lost it's 'Bottle'!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby s1ty m » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:37 pm

Edged with fear.

True. And he wanted Ozil. Snigger.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Murph » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:02 pm

Pablo Sacramento wrote:To me Kamikaze spending would be paying £7.5m on a Portugese tramp... but that just my definition.

And whisky nose has admitted he's never even seen said tramp play, not even on dvd. Not a murmur from the press, they'd murder us under the same circumstances.
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fucl do you think you're talking to?"
Murph

Postby pepsi_dave » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:54 pm

Murph wrote:
Pablo Sacramento wrote:To me Kamikaze spending would be paying £7.5m on a Portugese tramp... but that just my definition.

And whisky nose has admitted he's never even seen said tramp play, not even on dvd. Not a murmur from the press, they'd murder us under the same circumstances.

Was just about to mention that..... surely spending money on a player who you've never actually seen play is more kamikaze than what we're doing.
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:27 am

johnpb78 wrote:Talk of not seeing value in the market, yet he has just paid £7m for a homeless guy who the week before had been transferred for pennies.
That would be considered a vastly over inflated price for a player under any circumstances.

Smacks of money changing hands in funny directions to me.

If City had done that all the journos would be up in arms calling for investigations.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum