2010/11 Seasoncards [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 2010/11 Seasoncards [merged]

Postby saulman » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:12 pm

I sit in the East stand with my 9 year old lad. I've just been on the OS and worked out that I'm gonna get stung for an extra £140 on what I paid this season for the pair of us. That's fuckin annoying, but there's no way I'm relocating to the North Stand. Just have to bite the bullet, I suppose.

I wonder how cup game tickets will be affected next season..............
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:19 pm

The tickets for almost everyone will still be less than they were before the sheik came, almost without exception.

The club said last year that they were going to try and help fans, I dont think they intended to help them forever - and why should they. The club still have a realistic chance of offering champions league football, and a title challenge next season. When I paid £600 in the West stand the season before the sheik took over, I paid it with the expectation of a difficult season, and paid it happily

Here we are paying significantly less than we did back then, and moaning like bitches.

FFS get a grip
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:19 pm

johnpb78 wrote:I think the north stand situation is actually quite a good idea, aside from the fact that some people in tier 1 will be pissed off understandably.

As craig has already asked, what happens when the kids hit 16/18......well the long term solution is probably quite cute.

Every years or so, you will maybe have 1000 people who are displaced from that stand. When they are displaced, I would expect the club will offer alternative seats in the ground at a similar price to what the adults paid in the North. Eventually, that 1000 a year, as it is replaced in the North Stand means that the attendance goes up organically, and that there is always an inflow and outflow from the stand, ensuring there are always going to be a limited number of attractively pricednew season tickets available for families.

After only a short time, there is then automatically a genuine reason to expand the ground.

On the subject of cup games, I would suspect the club would be likely to fill that area with heavily discounted matchday deals to attract the younger fans, hence creating a healthy demand for the season tickets in that area as they become available.

Its gonna piss people off short term, but it makes a lot of sense commercially

After time to look over the details, it actually seems to make good sense. I don't think people have a problem with the prices after the initial scare, because if you look at it, it is still very cheap compared to any of the top clubs, and we are now one of them. It's more to do with the seating arrangements and if you look at it from an ubiased point of view, then the actual plan looks very good and well thought out. The only problem I see is that there maybe generations of families all sat together (ie. kids, mum and dad, grandparents) who may have to be displaced, however as long as the club realise that this is what the likes of the 'Family' stand is all about, then all will be OK.

On a similar note, it's good to see the club bringing the structure up into the 21st century, as these sort of pricing systems have been in place at the top clubs for many years with the likes of Arsenal and United charging according to seating position rather than stand; and don't forget, they charge twice as much.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:46 pm

I think I'm more pissed off at the fact I'm skint at the moment than having to pay an extra 5% for my season ticket to be honest.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:54 pm

From what i read, I will need to relocate from the North stand lower (which i am happy about) and can choose to re-locate to block 111 for £405 for the season. If this is correct then i am over the moon.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:01 pm

Sister of fu wrote:From what i read, I will need to relocate from the North stand lower (which i am happy about) and can choose to re-locate to block 111 for £405 for the season. If this is correct then i am over the moon.

Top move, if anyone wants to adopt a 9 year old for a cheap ticket in the North Stand pm me haha!!
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby simon12 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:13 pm

I think it`s ok. After the hysteria £140 a season for a kid to stay where you are in the prem at the level we`re aiming at is the bollox.However I`m trying to relocate to SS/110 to pay for the difference...Economics and all as my renewal is £515 for me.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:24 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:From what i read, I will need to relocate from the North stand lower (which i am happy about) and can choose to re-locate to block 111 for £405 for the season. If this is correct then i am over the moon.

Top move, if anyone wants to adopt a 9 year old for a cheap ticket in the North Stand pm me haha!!

Saturday made my mind up for me that i needed to move, stood with Lee_Kinda and AR in 110 and its such a different football experince. This IMO is how football should be watched, stood up and making lots of noise. Lee did say to me that he doesnt really get it when people post about the shit atmposphere beacuse he always has a good time at the match standing in 110.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

Saturday made my mind up for me that i needed to move, stood with Lee_Kinda and AR in 110 and its such a different football experince. This IMO is how football should be watched, stood up and making lots of noise. Lee did say to me that he doesnt really get it when people post about the shit atmposphere beacuse he always has a good time at the match standing in 110.

I can see people not wanting to move to the North Stand. I sit in the existing family stand, but previously was over in the 2nd tier south stand/corner of colin bell and it was like watching a different game, and a top laugh with top people. This year though me and my mates thought it was about time we started taking the boys, especially with the £100 tickets - and they have got us by the balls now, exactly as they intended. I cant complain, it was obvious what they were doing...and the was the only place we could get 8 tickets together where the sun wouldnt be in our eyes was back of the north stand t2, so we probably stuck with it now - the things you do for kids.

Personally, I still give it the big un in the family stand, as many do - but there are a lot of day trippers or just plain cunts. For example, on Saturday I though Wayne Bridge had been doing well, and turned to my mate and said (I thought I was quiet anyway) "he has done better since he started getting his dick wet with that Kim Kardashian", only to be glared at by the poor cunt in front of me with his two daughters. I felt like a cunt for making an observation, and was made to feel like a cunt by a day tripper

As I said, i'm stuck with it now, suppose its the price you pay for trying to get kids who dont like football/city into it.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby MHiggi » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:33 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Saturday made my mind up for me that i needed to move, stood with Lee_Kinda and AR in 110 and its such a different football experince. This IMO is how football should be watched, stood up and making lots of noise. Lee did say to me that he doesnt really get it when people post about the shit atmposphere beacuse he always has a good time at the match standing in 110.

exactly, I'm in 110 as well and being in the right place makes even the most forgettable games enjoyable on the day.
MHiggi
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby psut1 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:54 pm

i moved from north level 1 to south 2 last year cost me £9 more
"I scored after 19 minutes a "bluemoon" goal - David White picked it up, he saw me standing alone, he crossed and I hammered it home. The moon had turned gold"
(Niall Quinn the autobiography)
psut1
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:01 pm

Im staying in 118.

NOT MOVING,1.80 MORE PER GAME.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:51 pm

I sit in the East Stand and did the finance option last year which worked well. If possible can anyone put the link up for where details are for finance option details.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby stinky pete » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:53 pm

is there enough room in south stand for all us refugees?
stinky pete
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: v kompany

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:41 am

johnpb78 wrote:The tickets for almost everyone will still be less than they were before the sheik came, almost without exception.

The club said last year that they were going to try and help fans, I dont think they intended to help them forever - and why should they. The club still have a realistic chance of offering champions league football, and a title challenge next season. When I paid £600 in the West stand the season before the sheik took over, I paid it with the expectation of a difficult season, and paid it happily

Here we are paying significantly less than we did back then, and moaning like bitches.

FFS get a grip

I don't recall a significant price reduction from previous seasons. I've had one on and off for a while and it steadily goes up in price.

Several people on this thread have already confirmed they're paying more next season. Any Parent taking their Child anywhere but the North Stand will also be paying more.

Match tickets are also more expensive. The Derby was £49 in Level 3.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:16 am

stinky pete wrote:is there enough room in south stand for all us refugees?

Nope.

I dont know how they are going to do it.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:32 am

lets all have a disco wrote:

Nope.

Unfortunately it will be on a first come, first served basis. Once the South Stand is full the unlucky North Stand refugees will be faced with having to pay Colin Bell stand prices.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Craig B » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:17 am

Nope.

They could just do what they did on Saturday ie. squeeze everybody in. My row had at least double the amount of people it was originally intended for! ;o)
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:13 am

btajim wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:The tickets for almost everyone will still be less than they were before the sheik came, almost without exception.

FFS get a grip

I don't recall a significant price reduction from previous seasons. I've had one on and off for a while and it steadily goes up in price.

Several people on this thread have already confirmed they're paying more next season. Any Parent taking their Child anywhere but the North Stand will also be paying more.

Match tickets are also more expensive. The Derby was £49 in Level 3.

Just before Frank sold up, mine was just over £630 as I wasnt in a position to renew early (would have been £580 otherwise). Last season that seat was dropped to £515, at which point they offered the £99 for a kid, so I started taking the lad to see if he liked it. I could have stayed where I was, and for both it still would have been cheaper than it was just for me the previous season, but I moved to the family stand and it came to £460 I think for both of us.

I suppose if you always renewed early, you wouldnt see the difference that I did that one year I couldnt afford to.

As a side note, a mate paid £45 to watch the derby in Colin Bell 3rd tier the year fowler nearly caused a riot (2005?) so even matchday tickets dont seem to have gone up that much in those 5 years.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:47 am

Nope.

They could have moved all the away fans into the east stand, preferably level 3, making them pay through the nose instead, and allow the north standers to swap over to the south stand at the same price. That would also have meant all City fans behind both goals, which everyone seems to think would have been a good idea.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum