Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Postby salford city » Thu Oct 01, 2026 2:01 pm

zuricity wrote:The BBC have finally removed the Man City banner link to the whole thing from the main football web page. I guess someone has had a word with them.

Nope i am wrong, it is still on the Sports home page


I like that the beeb chose that one i.e, when we won the fucking lot. Clearly their inference is only by cheating did they win it all so none of it counts. We all know it counts you bitter twats.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6996
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Re: Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Thu Oct 01, 2026 2:15 pm

Nick wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:Our appeal is supposedly going to be the sponsorship funds were backed up by UAE government money, not from mansour.

If that really is where we're going with this, we're fucked aren't we lads. Ah well, it's been a hell of a ride, up the fucking blues.


Omg

NO because thays fucking fine.

I swear even blues are starting to wind me up.

Real world: owner has funded us.

Process world: he did it in compliance with red cartel unlawful ffp rules (with governance grants being granted to 3 sponsors) THAT COMPLIES with ffp ffs. The PL numptoes allege the owner paid etihad etc direct from his own bank account AND didnt know about it himself. Hahahahahaha


But the emails clearly state adug topping up the funds, not the gov. Whether the emails were hacked or not or if there's some sloppy communications, the paper trail there clearly shows the money is coming from where the IC is saying so. If we have bank statements to show otherwise, then why weren't they taken into consideration?

Fwiw I think we have morally done fuck all wrong, we were given a set of bent rules and tried to find a way round them but we fucked up the squeaky bum moments. I think we've been setup since day one and unfortunately we've fallen into their sports legal trap. I hope we find our way out of this, but the reputational damage done by the media campaign will last a generation or more.

Whatever happens, I don't think football will never be the same but that won't be our fault. Man on the street won't see it that way however.
KinkyKinkladze
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2211
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:24 pm

Re: Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Postby Nick » Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:03 pm

Yes but they proved in CAS the actual financial practice didnt mirror the email "talk" ergo we were cleared in a proper court once already.

Theres even a testimony from shiekh which I assume is why theyeve gone for the "he knew nothing angle"
Nick
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10273
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:50 pm
Location: MANCHESTER

Re: Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Postby Paul68 » Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:22 pm

this from MSN - City reveal irrefutable evidence in major twist

Manchester City are set to argue that the Abu Dhabi government - rather than the club's owners - partially financed the "sham" sponsorship arrangements that led to breaches of Premier League financial regulations. An independent commission determined that City artificially boosted their revenue by an eye-watering £900million-plus during an eight-year span from 2009/10 through 2017/18 by utilising funds from their parent organisation, Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG), to substantially enhance the value of their sponsorship deals. However, as disclosed in a Premier League statement, the commission concluded that these were "sham" sponsorship arrangements after examining numerous emails that outlined how City sought to channel money from ADUG via a sponsor, including Etihad Airways, before reaching the club.

The Times claim that City intend to contend that, given Etihad's ownership by the Abu Dhabi government, the arrangement stands separate from ADUG and would therefore comply with Premier League regulations.

City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak referenced the "irrefutable evidence" they claim proves City's innocence, and they are expected to lodge an appeal before Friday's deadline.

In a statement on Saturday, he said: "Our confidence and intent in proving the club's innocence is just as strong as when this began."

City added: "The club is innocent of the accusations made by the Premier League and a comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence exists in support of all of its positions, relating to this case. The club will therefore be relentless, and where necessary proactive, in any and all appropriate regulatory and legal forums."

Their appeal will be centred on the belief and alleged proof that the money received by Etihad came directly from the Abu Dhabi government. The airline is owned by the government and state-owned entities are permitted to sponsor clubs.

City claim that the charges against them stem from hacked emails that accuse club executives of discussing how funds from ADUG would be moved to the club via sponsors.

In a leaked video to City staff, CEO Ferran Soriano proclaimed his confidence that the aforementioned evidence would clear the club's name.

"The whole Premier League case against us is based on a single false accusation - that the owner's personal money was somehow and secretly put into the club via some sponsors from Abu Dhabi," he said.

"This is just not true. Irrefutable evidence has been provided to the Premier League commission that shows it could not happen and that it did not happen. This includes bank statements, money transfers, witnesses, and everything necessary to categorically demonstrate the money did not come from the owner."

City's appeal will be heard by a new panel of high-ranking, retired judges.
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
User avatar
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1850
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:17 pm
Location: I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Re: Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Postby Scatman » Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:47 pm

Call as witness the people in the Abu Dhabi government who authorised these grants if that is what happened. Or are these the people whose testimony has been ignored because they didn't turn up in person?

If the secretary of state for trade or whatever on AD says the government paid it then it would be one hell of a diplomatic fuck up for PL to accuse them of lying.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4848
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:06 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Postby bigblue » Thu Oct 01, 2026 4:43 pm

Interesting how there was never any issue with Sports Direct sporsoring Newcastle, Allianz sponsoring Bayern, Volkswagen sponsoring Wolfsburg, etc. Very very very selective outrage and persecution on display here
User avatar
bigblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11679
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Postby Crossie » Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:13 pm

The Mancini thing for me, so much doubt can be thrown at it in a proper court it’d be dropped.

He did what, 2 weeks work for a foreign team one summer? I’m sure I read he only turned up for 2 days of it. How did Manchester City fc directly benefit on the pitch from that? Impossible. MK we broke a rule but the effect was zero.

I stand by my earlier comments about how the PL just want anything to stick for a few weeks, knowing full well it’ll all fall apart but they win sit back and say “well we’re found them guilty, we’ll stand by it” despite us being cleared eventually. It’s all they can now do, try to cast a tiny bit of doubt on us forever.

The Etihad statement is absolutely amazingly powerful. It changes the whole narrative instantly. For them to say “you never spoke to us and have now attempted to directly destroy our reputation” is incredible. I want to dance around the room. Line the rest of them up, we’ve had dozens of sponsors through those years and I bet none of them had a chance to explain. It’s gigantic news.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9952
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:51 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Re: Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Postby bigblue » Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:29 pm

Crossie wrote:The Mancini thing for me, so much doubt can be thrown at it in a proper court it’d be dropped.

He did what, 2 weeks work for a foreign team one summer? I’m sure I read he only turned up for 2 days of it. How did Manchester City fc directly benefit on the pitch from that? Impossible. MK we broke a rule but the effect was zero.

I stand by my earlier comments about how the PL just want anything to stick for a few weeks, knowing full well it’ll all fall apart but they win sit back and say “well we’re found them guilty, we’ll stand by it” despite us being cleared eventually. It’s all they can now do, try to cast a tiny bit of doubt on us forever.

The Etihad statement is absolutely amazingly powerful. It changes the whole narrative instantly. For them to say “you never spoke to us and have now attempted to directly destroy our reputation” is incredible. I want to dance around the room. Line the rest of them up, we’ve had dozens of sponsors through those years and I bet none of them had a chance to explain. It’s gigantic news.


If anyone has ever seen what people pay high profile individuals for public speaking engagements, there is a solid argument that 4 appearances (I saw it was 4 days of work) for one the leading managers in the world at 500k each is in line with going market rates. Especially if they are full day engagements. It's an obscene amount, but politicians, celebrities, etc get huge sums for speaking for an hour at conference or event.
User avatar
bigblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11679
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Postby Blue Jam » Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:45 pm

On a flight to Spain sat near 4 dippers talking about kangaroo panel.


Pray for me.
User avatar
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1813
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:31 pm
Location: Occupied Caprica
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Goater

Re: Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:49 pm

Blue Jam wrote:On a flight to Spain sat near 4 dippers talking about kangaroo panel.


Pray for me.


Check your wrist for your watch !!!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9925
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Postby salford city » Thu Oct 01, 2026 6:00 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Blue Jam wrote:On a flight to Spain sat near 4 dippers talking about kangaroo panel.


Pray for me.


Check your wrist for your watch !!!


I went out in the garden earlier after hearing all the numbers of bullshit bingo from my scouse supporting neighbour and our mune window cleaner. I told them both to calm the fuck down. The scouse supporter asked what difference etihad could make as come tomorrow, our owners would have to go. None so blind eh
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6996
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Re: Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Postby zuricity » Thu Oct 01, 2026 6:04 pm

salford city wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Blue Jam wrote:On a flight to Spain sat near 4 dippers talking about kangaroo panel.


Pray for me.


Check your wrist for your watch !!!


I went out in the garden earlier after hearing all the numbers of bullshit bingo from my scouse supporting neighbour and our mune window cleaner. I told them both to calm the fuck down. The scouse supporter asked what difference etihad could make as come tomorrow, our owners would have to go. None so blind eh


Emirates Airways , a government owned Company sponsored The Arse for over 690 million pounds. Seems like City got the better deal !

I can't wait for the High Court Cases and then the cases for Slander etc. should be fun. For Masters it must now be Touching Cloth time.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Mercer's OBE
 
Posts: 19545
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Postby TrueBlue4610 » Thu Oct 01, 2026 6:19 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Blue Jam wrote:On a flight to Spain sat near 4 dippers talking about kangaroo panel.


Pray for me.


Check your wrist for your watch !!!

I was more concerned there'd be no wheels on the plane for landing...
TrueBlue4610
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2026 7:56 am
Location: County Durham
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Any CB

Re: Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Oct 01, 2026 6:22 pm

Blue Jam wrote:On a flight to Spain sat near 4 dippers talking about kangaroo panel.


Pray for me.

Fuck the Scousers. Did you here about the scouser who met a lady of the night on Lime Street, she said do you want a blow job, fuck that he replied they will take my dole & benefits off me :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13096
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:01 pm
Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Postby Nick » Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:55 pm

Nothing new today then other than people on blue moon convincing themselves there is loads of damning evidence in the appendix that isnt released ?
Nick
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10273
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:50 pm
Location: MANCHESTER

Re: Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:01 am

bigblue wrote:
Crossie wrote:The Mancini thing for me, so much doubt can be thrown at it in a proper court it’d be dropped.

He did what, 2 weeks work for a foreign team one summer? I’m sure I read he only turned up for 2 days of it. How did Manchester City fc directly benefit on the pitch from that? Impossible. MK we broke a rule but the effect was zero.

I stand by my earlier comments about how the PL just want anything to stick for a few weeks, knowing full well it’ll all fall apart but they win sit back and say “well we’re found them guilty, we’ll stand by it” despite us being cleared eventually. It’s all they can now do, try to cast a tiny bit of doubt on us forever.

The Etihad statement is absolutely amazingly powerful. It changes the whole narrative instantly. For them to say “you never spoke to us and have now attempted to directly destroy our reputation” is incredible. I want to dance around the room. Line the rest of them up, we’ve had dozens of sponsors through those years and I bet none of them had a chance to explain. It’s gigantic news.


If anyone has ever seen what people pay high profile individuals for public speaking engagements, there is a solid argument that 4 appearances (I saw it was 4 days of work) for one the leading managers in the world at 500k each is in line with going market rates. Especially if they are full day engagements. It's an obscene amount, but politicians, celebrities, etc get huge sums for speaking for an hour at conference or event.


OASIS 10.6 mill for 3 hours per night at the Etihad!!!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9925
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:07 am

We are only getting started. And this will read as ridiculous, 900 mill is nothing to us the owner ADUG. I’m glad to see the club start the process of making the decision look weak. Khaldoon and Soriano sounded very bullish. Etihad must follow through and the Government of AD to make a statement would be massive.

Oh and the I’m just concerned about the taxpayer. MP Meg Hillier, just happens to be right next door the Emirates stadium. Former mayor of Islington…… I just want what’s best…. Andy needs to have a word….
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9925
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Postby hayling22 » Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:53 am

We'll be singin'
When we're winnin'
We'll be singin'
I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never gonna keep me down
I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never gonna keep me down
I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never gonna keep me down
I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never gonna keep me down
Pissin' the night away
Pissin' the night away
hayling22
Robinho's Step Over
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:55 pm
Location: Platt Lane Row 16 Seat 34
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Dennis Tueart

Re: Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:11 am

Let’s just unfold a banner at Anfield.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9925
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Kangaroo panel finds us guilty

Postby salford city » Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:33 am

Hazy2 wrote:Let’s just unfold a banner at Anfield.



I love this idea but you know that we won't be allowed. It will be open season for them tthough & all the lenses will be focused on their banners. Going to be a great fucking day - hoping this galvanises everyone like never before & what a place to start.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6996
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AFKAE, bigblue, Blue Philistine, Google [Bot], salford city, Woodyblue and 930 guests