***city v seville official esc match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v seville official esc match thread***

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:07 am

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:18 am

BBC/MUTV are bigging up Cole only because the chances are he'll be sold or loaned, did the same with Torres. Just more rag propaganda. Palmer was dire apart from the goal and a couple of inside dribbles, same as in the Community Shield. He won't start in Saturday or much at all if he stays, been with the first team squad for 2 seasons now and needs game time elsewhere to kick on.
Last edited by johnny crossan on Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:22 am

Pep confirms Palmer wants to leave post match btw. Hojberg is being tipped as a target now, good DM - Rodri would be pleased.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:14 am

At this point is anyone against the idea of sending Carson in for the penalties?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Indianablue » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:34 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Indianablue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
aaron bond wrote:Not our best performance but who cares?
Another trophy to the collection!

Let’s enjoy tonight and we can worry about Newcastle tomorrow

Wise words AB as ever, truly think our posters didnt graspe how much the heat and humidity favoured Sevillia.

How they ended the game with 11 on pitch os beyond me.

Barcodes will be a tough match, that said Villa were shocking and the score line flattered them.

The heat? Same for both sides yet we had the ball for most of the game. Probably why Haaland, Foden and Palmer, Grealish didn't do much for large parts of the game . We were poor, end of. Half our team grew up in foreign lands and holiday in Dubai

Half the team grew in foteign lands...... the bulk of them have been playing in Manchester or not so sunny countries

Have you ever been to Seville? They have 7 months of late 20's to late 30° temps with extemely high humidity (they aren't on the coast with a nice breeze).

You reckon you could put in a shift for 90 minutes at 28° C at 22:00 at night? No, thought not.

It was a non critical, nice to have won game and we did, so i fail to see where the negativty is coming from on this thread.

Yep been to Seville a couple of times and hotter places. Been around long to experience hot weather. As a strapping 20 yr old i used to put in 11 hour night shifts in the oven section of Warbies Bakery in Bolton - now that was grafting. Last night they had water breaks and not many dropped for cramp at all, so although it was warm and humid they coped. Ps 28degree is 28 degree no matter what time of day, and it's fuck all . Try cycling London to Paris in temps 35-40 degree , done that? No, thought not. Try it then get back to me
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:38 am

On Palmer -

The opinion I had is he wanted to leave, but now I don’t know what’s going to happen,” the City boss said.
“I don’t think a loan is going to happen. He’s going to stay or leave, but I think a loan is not going to happen.

"I understand he wants to be more active than the previous season.

"But Riyad [Mahrez] has gone, so we have one more place there. I cannot say anything because, of course, all the decisions need to be made by the club. The club has to decide what the best is. All together, we will do it.”

Either he’s being advised terribly or just doesn’t think he has what it takes at City. Salford possibly correct that Palmer is a rag also.

Just doesn’t make any sense why, with Mahrez gone, he’s want to leave when he had a very decent amount of opportunities last season and this season he will have even more.

The fact that Ederson had to force a smile from Palmer while he was lifting the trophy is a bit weird for me.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:39 am

https://x.com/skysportspl/status/169206 ... 9Awxy5lqVQ

Pep not having any nonsense with Premier League congratulations on winning the Super Cup. ‘Thanks’ the League for allowing City to play on Saturday. Disgraceful decision. Sevilla are playing next on Monday. It will need a huge effort to win on Saturday. We need fresh legs so Stones Dias and Bernie back and probably Julian playing from the start.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Indianablue » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:46 am

johnny crossan wrote:BBC/MUTV are bigging up Cole only because the chances are he'll be sold or loaned, did the same with Torres. Just more rag propaganda. Palmer was dire apart from the goal and a couple of inside dribbles, same as in the Community Shield. He won't start in Saturday or much at all if he stays, been with the first team squad for 2 seasons now and needs game time elsewhere to kick on.

Talksport Cundy reckoned he was good in first half and great in second. I'd say he improved and i accept he did better later on and took his goal well but i thought he was fairly average for most of the game. City only started playing in last 20 mins when they flagged but they could have scored a coyple more on the break where we got caught easily. We weren't at our best last night and Haaland was easily snuffed out. Foden was also poor.
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby stupot » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:57 am

Palmer was shocking first half, played well 2nd.. A lot of poor performances namely Phil who i really thought would step up in that position and Akanji who has been poor for a while.
A wins a win though- it's a trophy we've never been in for before.4 good pens plus Walkers. I was convinced Ederson was going to take 1, no reason not to in a shoot out.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby stupot » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:13 am

I thought Walker was very good other than getting rinsed once in the second half and I'd give MOTM to Eddie. Made some great saves and totally commanding.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:52 am

johnny crossan wrote:BBC/MUTV are bigging up Cole only because the chances are he'll be sold or loaned, did the same with Torres. Just more rag propaganda. Palmer was dire apart from the goal and a couple of inside dribbles, same as in the Community Shield. He won't start in Saturday or much at all if he stays, been with the first team squad for 2 seasons now and needs game time elsewhere to kick on.

Cole was City's best attacking threat last night. If he was dire god knows what the others were!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:17 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Cole was City's best attacking threat last night. If he was dire god knows what the others were!

the others were shite. it was a terrible performance from the front four, including palmer.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:22 am

stupot wrote:I thought Walker was very good other than getting rinsed once in the second half and I'd give MOTM to Eddie. Made some great saves and totally commanding.

Good to hear RE: Walker. I only saw the highlights where he misjudged the header and they should have scored if not for Ed
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:23 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

the others were shite. it was a terrible performance from the front four, including palmer.
Correct, should have added .."like the rest" ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:25 am

Love this from Pep after halftime on Friday

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:45 am

interesting last words from Cole
Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:59 am

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Indianablue » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:45 am

PeterParker wrote:At this point is anyone against the idea of sending Carson in for the penalties?

Would be a decent shout given the number of subs we are now allowed to use. Ederson not the best at stopping penalties. Think i've seen him stop one at some time but it's not his strongest area
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:45 pm

Good possesion but they let us have the ball, it was their game plan.

Our passing was slow
Easily picked off when we tried to break the lines
Shooting was shite
Shooting outside the box needs to happen more and with better execution as it's not expected from us.
Walker was poor made a lot of mistakes and misjudged a few tackles and headers
Haaland was marked out of the game
Foden huffed and puffed
Wingers grealish and Palmer were awful 1st half and much improved 2nd half
Ederson by far our MOTM.

Seville looked like scoring almost every time they went forward which was a worry.

We looked out of sorts and Gundogan was really missed IMO. Not just last night but against Burnley as well.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby patrickblue » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:26 pm

The guy certainly is class. As I think I've mentioned before, at the end of games at the Etihad he's always in the stands somewhere signing his shirt and chatting to fans. Never seen it before, a lot will throw their shirt into the stands, but he's a class above.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum