Haaland watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Haaland watch

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:19 pm

I think Delap should be getting more game time, especially in the cups, I think he’s going to turn out to be a special player and I want him with us
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Mase » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:49 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:I think Delap should be getting more game time, especially in the cups, I think he’s going to turn out to be a special player and I want him with us

Think it’s got 17 goals in 16 games this season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:04 pm

Mase wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:I think Delap should be getting more game time, especially in the cups, I think he’s going to turn out to be a special player and I want him with us

Think it’s got 17 goals in 16 games this season.

Judging by the way Foden was eased in, I wouldn't think we will see much more of Delap this season in the first team.
It will be very interesting to see how things pan out for him next season onward. An awful lot of people have high hopes.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:12 pm

back to halaand...scored an incredible volley today. He would be IMMENSE in our side.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby littlebig » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:35 pm

If we don’t get him next he could become unattainable due to him being on stupid wages and our wage structure.

It seems like he’s the fans hottest transfer target. Although we don’t do marquee signings for the sake of it anymore this would be a massive statement.

Can see us still landing Messi and it would be so exciting but can’t see both of their wages evening catered for
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby nottsblue » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:29 pm

Deffo worth a look at before buying Haaland
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:52 pm

Mbappe lost the ball 29 times in their match this weekend apparently. He’s not a Pep player.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:10 pm

Mase wrote:Mbappe lost the ball 29 times in their match this weekend apparently. He’s not a Pep player.

He ripped a piss poor Barca a new 1. His pace and balance are unreal.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wooders » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:03 pm

Haaland the most exciting young player in Europe, even more so than Foden, we need to get this done

Mbappe, wouldn’t be sold to us by his club, would destroy our wage budget, has a bit of billy big bollocks attitude - so won’t happen - that said I’ve seen him live twice, brilliant player, the real deal, we’d be lucky to get him, but it will sadly never happen
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:11 pm

Wooders wrote:Haaland the most exciting young player in Europe, even more so than Foden, we need to get this done

Mbappe, wouldn’t be sold to us by his club, would destroy our wage budget, has a bit of billy big bollocks attitude - so won’t happen - that said I’ve seen him live twice, brilliant player, the real deal, we’d be lucky to get him, but it will sadly never happen

Fair to say we have a shot at him, don’t miss.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:42 pm

Raiola is supposed to have said that 10 clubs can afford Haaland and 4 of them are in England.

Just that statement alone shows how hard it's going to be to deal with this man.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:19 pm

sheblue wrote:Raiola is supposed to have said that 10 clubs can afford Haaland and 4 of them are in England.

Just that statement alone shows how hard it's going to be to deal with this man.

Agree, however, these players don't have a say anymore? Or all comes down on which clubs give more money to the snake, sorry, agent?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:30 pm

sheblue wrote:Raiola is supposed to have said that 10 clubs can afford Haaland and 4 of them are in England.

Actually it is the opposite. Blabber mouth has set the stall for Haaland. The Spaniards are broke. Juve can't afford him . Non in the PL want to pay this ogre any money . The only exception might be the Rags. City aren't going to screw wage structures or anything else for a young lad with potential.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby branny » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:41 pm

littlebig wrote:If we don’t get him next he could become unattainable due to him being on stupid wages and our wage structure.

It seems like he’s the fans hottest transfer target. Although we don’t do marquee signings for the sake of it anymore this would be a massive statement.

Can see us still landing Messi and it would be so exciting but can’t see both of their wages evening catered for

If we sign both it opens another can of worms with KDB. He's supposedly delaying talks on a new contract so he can haggle for a higher wage based on the money on offer to any summer arrivals.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:49 pm

branny wrote:
littlebig wrote:If we don’t get him next he could become unattainable due to him being on stupid wages and our wage structure.

If we sign both it opens another can of worms with KDB. He's supposedly delaying talks on a new contract so he can haggle for a higher wage based on the money on offer to any summer arrivals.

He can haggle as much as he likes. Two times now he's been away for serious parts of the season and the team have done well. Gundo made the bold comment two season ago when Tin tin was injured and the team pulled it off. Gundo has been the surprise package again this time round as Tin tin had a few weeks rest.

It's always the same , the doubters worry when a key player gets injured ( kun , Tin tin) , but it always happens in the game - others step into the shoes of the stars and produce.

At the moment Haaland is not worth buying. certainly not at the prices being bandied around. we score goals from all over the place .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:54 pm

Is it worth taking a look at Delap first? I saw he scored another 2 the other night - that’s 19 in 17 games as far as I can see.

If we wrap up the title early on I’d like to see him being given a proper run out.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:01 pm

Mase wrote:Is it worth taking a look at Delap first? I saw he scored another 2 the other night - that’s 19 in 17 games as far as I can see.

If we wrap up the title early on I’d like to see him being given a proper run out.

I agree. Mentioned it earlier in the thread. He sounds like a decent player and we will never know unless we try him.

Would he have been any less effective than Aguero today?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:06 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Is it worth taking a look at Delap first? I saw he scored another 2 the other night - that’s 19 in 17 games as far as I can see.

I agree. Mentioned it earlier in the thread. He sounds like a decent player and we will never know unless we try him.

Would he have been any less effective than Aguero today?

I think Delap is 18 now, so I’m hopeful that if Foden’s path is anything to go off - he should be around the first team squad on match days next season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:38 pm

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:39 pm

Seen a few pics of haaland in city tops etc, considering he has liver in manchester, we are one of if not the best team and club in the world, we desperately need a player in his position and we are one of the only clubs who can afford him...it seems like the most obvious and easiest transfer of all time!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum