Mahrez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mahrez

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:31 am

Sick of seeing this lad getting a start. I just don’t see any consistency in his performances that makes him deserving of a regular starting place in the team.

On a bit of a rant here but I really feel we’d have been better off never signing him. Foden in serious form and this lad starting ahead of him it stinks.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Mahrez

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:40 am

He does well when we are full flowing and team is functioning well. When he is expected to carry the team he never does. He is a luxury player to get the third fourth fifth goal in a big win. He did well in title decider game against brighton in his first season thats been his best contribution.

He is a bit of a coward and doesn’t work hard enough for a pep team and when hes bad hes really bad.

Considering the options we have its mind boggling he gets a start on current form. Torres sterling foden or bernardo would all be better options on current form.

Considering pep dropped him for dippers game, id love to know what hes done to be recalled. One of spurs best outlets is there new left back(similar to liverpool) no idea what pep was thinking starting him knowing hed never track back.

Time for a rest for him i think. Pep needs to make aerious changes, this can be the first.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:46 am

Dubciteh wrote:He is a luxury player to get the third fourth fifth goal in a big win.

That’s it 100%
Backs to the wall he won’t dig deep.
He won’t track back.
He won’t change his style of play, which Aguero was made to do when Pep came in.

When we beat Liverpool to the league, and we had that run of 10-15 games at the end of the season - Mahrez barely played. He got brought back in for that one match against Brighton. From the rumours he’s not very well liked in the changing room.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:49 am

Sublime first touch fuck all else .
Get rid .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:59 am

City64 wrote:Sublime first touch fuck all else .
Get rid .

Technically brilliant. If we had Haaland he would have to release it early. Would he NO. Show pony cutting back when his only option is to shoot or pass he chooses the opposite. Lazy fucker as well.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Grandad Rosler » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:00 am

Get rid .

Absolutely agree, some of those first touches have been how the fucks he done that, but then that means he has the ball and it's all downhill from there
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:02 am

I think it goes any further. There is no adaptability to his game in that he can be used in no other position than wide right. If he could be used on his conventional side with Sterling or Torres on their natural sides I think that would be sensible and practical. He is not willing to do this and in an ideal world he would be going to Barcelona as a makeweight to bring Messi to the club in January.

Whatever happens, it has been a signing of Mangala and Bony proportions and it has cost us badly over the last eighteen months to two years and we need to get rid as soon as possible.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby blues2win » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:05 am

Pep should try him on the left. Endless predictable cutting in means he runs into a narrow packed defence. Ditto Torres on the left. We must at least try playing our wide men on their favoured feet so we use width to counter the Mourinho tactic which of course is used against us by many other teams.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby City64 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:05 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Get rid .

Technically brilliant. If we had Haaland he would have to release it early. Would he NO. Show pony cutting back when his only option is to shoot or pass he chooses the opposite. Lazy fucker as well.

There is a classic quote from a blue on twitter Hazy that sums up Mahrez........
“Saying Mahrez has the best first touch in the PL is like saying a professional snooker player is excellent at chalking his cue ! “
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:21 am

Never understood why we bought him and didn't think he was anything special at Leicester. I can only think he's being put in the shop window because he is awful.

We get the ball past a teams row of five in midfiield and this tosser ends up playing back to our defensive players , losing all the advantage gained.

Get rid asap.
Last edited by zuricity on Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby blues2win » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:02 am

When he’s given space to cut in and get momentum he’s a very dangerous player. He usually isn’t. Walker should supply the overlap but you’d rather have technically more gifted players in the final third. Silva and Sane was a great combination with Sane cutting in so it can work well but we must avoid predictability.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby aaron bond » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:11 am

Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:He is a luxury player to get the third fourth fifth goal in a big win.

That’s it 100%
Backs to the wall he won’t dig deep.
He won’t track back.
He won’t change his style of play, which Aguero was made to do when Pep came in.

When we beat Liverpool to the league, and we had that run of 10-15 games at the end of the season - Mahrez barely played. He got brought back in for that one match against Brighton. From the rumours he’s not very well liked in the changing room.

You both sum it up perfectly.

When we need to dig in and fight for a win, he is not the guy.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Outcast » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:06 pm

Sigh....Mahrez and Mendy combined fees would have landed Haaland..let that sink in lads
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby sheblue » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:13 pm

I agree Mahrez has been poor.
But look lads Mahrez doesn't pick the team.
It's not his fault he keeps getting picked.
Give the man a break.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:21 pm

Can only imagine if Sancho had stayed and we’d never got Mahrez. How wonderful.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:13 pm

Mahrez is a luxury player and not suitable for our style of play, he obviously has talent, but never varies his play. If I know he is going to cut inside to his left foot all the time I’m pretty sure well coached PL defenders do.
The idea of having left footed players on the right might work the odd time as a tactic, but to deploy this as a regular system is so predictable it makes it really easy to defend against, in short Mahrez should be no where near out first team.
Last edited by Harry Dowd scored on Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:13 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Sick of seeing this lad getting a start. I just don’t see any consistency in his performances that makes him deserving of a regular starting place in the team.

On a bit of a rant here but I really feel we’d have been better off never signing him. Foden in serious form and this lad starting ahead of him it stinks.

Said it since day one, I never understood why we bought him, not just because at that time we needed to have spent the money elsewhere in the squad.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:50 pm

City64 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Get rid .

There is a classic quote from a blue on twitter Hazy that sums up Mahrez........
“Saying Mahrez has the best first touch in the PL is like saying a professional snooker player is excellent at chalking his cue ! “

The sort of lad you want to kill if you played with him. Selfish p.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Clowncrete » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:03 pm

I don't think he can even play on the left like sane considering he is as slow as a slug and rarely makes runs beyond the lines.

It's obvious that the rest of the team doesn't trust him. Yesterday there was a passage of play where kdb got the ball and was running towards the goal while mahrez was clear and ready to receive the ball on the right. Kdb went for the shot instead.

I would gladly trade him for Messi in January.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby BrianF » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:17 pm

zuricity wrote:Never understood why we bought him and didn't think he was anything special at Leicester. I can only think he's being put in the shop window because he is awful.

We get the ball past a teams row of five in midfiield and this tosser ends up playing back to our defensive players , losing all the advantage gained.
Get rid asap.

This is a problem with the team at the present time we slow it down and give the opposition time to pack their defence.
BrianF
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum