***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby PrezIke » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:50 pm

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:“Scouts are pushing for a some randomer over Haaland and Mbappe” :lol: Can’t imagine anyone being that thick

Yup any news to make headlines, it's like saying Mase pushing for Balo!

What? You know this based upon what?

He's a randomer because, what you personally haven't heard of him?

I give up. You all win and I know as much as John Snow.

;)
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:52 pm

I never give up. lol

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/the-new ... xgnamew7po

The New Haaland?

Propaganda!!!

Randomer!!!
Last edited by PrezIke on Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:52 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Mase wrote:“Scouts are pushing for a some randomer over Haaland and Mbappe” :lol: Can’t imagine anyone being that thick

"Randomer" who is being scouted by a lot of other clubs mate.

Mbappe and Haaland ARE NOT COMING TO CITY (MAYBE if we win CL).

It's pie and the sky.

I am already preparing for all the whinging on about Tixiki, etc. when Haaland goes to Spain.

Haaland will not pick us barring offering insane wages which could cause problems in the dressing room (go ask KDB how that will go over when Haaland is on 600k/week and he's on 400k/week) and Raiola (Pogba) is his agent.

Please bookmark this and tell me I'm wrong later. I will gladly concede.

Martinez is not doing well on Inter now.

Other than Joao Felix who else?

Kane is really the only other proven quality player and you know he'll be insanely expensive.

There are other clubs looking at this lad. Just because we don't know him doesn't mean he's not a talent worth watching.

Ever heard of Jackanory ? mind... I used to tell stories.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:53 pm

PrezIke wrote:

It's pie and the sky.

I am already preparing for all the whinging on about Tixiki, etc. when Haaland goes to Spain.

Haaland will not pick us barring offering insane wages which could cause problems in the dressing room (go ask KDB how that will go over when Haaland is on 600k/week and he's on 400k/week) and Raiola (Pogba) is his agent.

Kane is really the only other proven quality player and you know he'll be insanely expensive.

There are other clubs looking at this lad. Just because we don't know him doesn't mean he's not a talent worth watching.

Out of interest, what is your reasoning to think we won’t get a boyhood City fan or a player that seems to be best mates with a few City players?

You’re talking about Haaland not picking us because he’d want £400k. Where did you get that inside info please?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PrezIke » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:59 pm

zuricity wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

It's pie and the sky.

Ever heard of Jackanory ? mind... I used to tell stories.

Reading to children?

Just to clarify, here's what I wrote initially...

Some to watch for us for striker (besides the less likely ones

Does that read ONE WE MUST SIGN?

Mad mad world
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:45 pm

Mase wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

It's pie and the sky.

Out of interest, what is your reasoning to think we won’t get a boyhood City fan or a player that seems to be best mates with a few City players?

You’re talking about Haaland not picking us because he’d want £400k. Where did you get that inside info please?

Barcelona or Real Madrid, his agent, Raiola and what I see in his personality is why.

Does Haaland come across loyal from what you see and hear? Mostly ambitious and self-centred. We've blown almost all big targets for a while and some of us may not consider the reasons.

We only wish to overpay to an extent for big talent, but not far enough to stop other clubs like Utd meet agent demands/pay the bigger fee/offer higher wages...and lesson there to us was we did the right thing as this has hurt Utd.

Why the high wages? I believe I said 600k/week, but let's say 400-500k (maybe 300k if he goes to RM or Barca).

All top clubs want Haaland. That includes Utd who's involvement are going to increase the fee/wages being asked.

RM or Barca may not have to pay as high wages because Haaland/his agent will prefer him to go to them for what they can offer Haaland's "brand" as this is how big time/arrogant players/agents can think in sport today...it's business.

Raiola will know that all these options create a threat to us signing him and use that in any negotiations. Those concepts about Haaland's City background are nice but this is big time football focused on building brand not sentimental feelings. That's for when you're past it.

We've never won CL. We hare not as popular., etc. We landed Aguero or Silva because of circumstances that worked in our favour. Same with Sterling and KDB. Pep seeks "nice guys" because they may be more loyal too imo. We couldn't keep Sane and that's a hint.

PSG got Neymar because they offered him insane wages. We have a poor relationship with Raiola. How is that going to play out while he seeks the best deal for Haaland?

Both RM and Barca have holes in their front lines, or are aging there.

Spain with its warmer, sunnier weather and glamour of this is a massive lure.

We are not in that tier. Not yet.

No club in England is now really and the weather of course can't be changed, but RM & Barca are the #1 & #2 in terms of Global fanbase.

If you talk to a non-football fan about Man City they, frustratingly, will confuse us with the other one. Happens to me all of the time here in the States. That's partially why as well. Young players at his level who seek fame, I suspect, want the love they will get from others outside of inside the sport.

IMO next summer:

Haaland to Barca
Mbappe to Real Madrid

We are in the next tier and is also why we have tended to focus on signing the best potential, rather than finished or closer to finished products.

I hope we have as good of a chance as the rest, but I would not rate us in the top 2. Maybe 3rd.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby RodneyRodney » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:33 am

Barca are BROKE, Prez ; there's no way they can even think of affording him
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Mase » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:38 am

RodneyRodney wrote:Barca are BROKE, Prez ; there's no way they can even think of affording him

Haaland could have gone to the rags when he went to Dortmund, probably for a lot more money knowing them. I don’t get this impression that Prez thinks Haaland is only looking for money.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:12 am

I dont know gents, if Haaland wont come to city because we haven't won the champions league.
Then why did KDB, Aguero, Silva, Sterling, Yaya, B Silva, Ederson etc come?
They mustn't have got that memo.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Outcast » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:18 am

Prezk

Chill, if we want Haaland, I have no doubt we got the pulling power, despite we pull Pep on his short comings, he's still a pulling power which puts us in par with Barca and Real if not above

Secondly, these two are dwindling, Barca are sliding down a steep hill, they haven't got the financial muscle, It will take more than Halland to fix their issues, he'll be mad to join them if he seeks to win trophies, the same applies to Real.
I don't see the rags as a threat unless they decide to pay obscene fees, that didn't end well for them last time they went down that route, the fact is I don't see them going that route again seeing they couldn't pull off Sancho deal.

The only real threat is vermins but we all know they're skint.
Lastly that leaves PSG, I doubt he'll be keen to play in that league.

The only real obstacle for us is his agent.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:25 am

If Madrid do get Mbappe, like everyone is predicting, then the cost of him will mean they’ll struggle to buy anyone else - let alone spend millions on Haaland.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:34 am

BBC are reporting this...............

Borussia Dortmund's Norway striker Erling Braut Haaland, 20, has been backed to join Liverpool instead of Manchester United by RB Salzburg's sporting director Christoph Freund. Haaland joined Dortmund from Salzburg earlier this year.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:20 pm

CTID Hants wrote:BBC are reporting this...............

Borussia Dortmund's Norway striker Erling Braut Haaland, 20, has been backed to join Liverpool instead of Manchester United by RB Salzburg's sporting director Christoph Freund. Haaland joined Dortmund from Salzburg earlier this year.
It's the obvious choice in the Toxteth Taproom (aka BBC Sport.)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby dave watson's perm » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:21 pm

Surely that can't be right? The murderers don't buy players, they're all homegrown and come from Toxteth
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Outcast » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:24 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

It's the obvious choice in the Toxteth Taproom (aka BBC Sport.)

I'm backing Kate Beckinsale to join me in bed....that's how I rate the vermins chances
Outcast

Postby Mase » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:31 pm

Liverpool are going to be class next season according to the media. Mbappe Haaland. Fuck me who next?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:01 pm

Mase wrote:Liverpool are going to be class next season according to the media. Mbappe Haaland. Fuck me who next?

Don't forget big Kev too, according to Dogger
Outcast

Postby PeterParker » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:05 pm

Didn't they get Dave Silver also last year?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:31 pm

Absolute shite talk.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Grandad Rosler » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:39 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Grandad Rosler wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Some to watch for us for striker (besides the less likely ones - Haaland & Mbappe who I believe are going to Barca and/or Real Madrid):

Joao Felix - been showing real clinical finishing with 2 braces in the past 2 weeks. All goals very impressive. 3 from open play and one pen. His fee was high but Atleti sold Griezmann just prior so it was only a 6m Euro loss.

Patson Daka - Was an article saying City scouts trying to convince to sign.

Size, Pace, power, technical ability, intelligence/off-the-ball movement, work rate/"persistent pressing".

Plays for Salzburg (Haaland's old club) so problem is league level is low. Last CL game was poor, but match before was brilliant:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/artic ... is-tactics

Reminds me of trying to find the next big thing on Football Manager. I vote for Cherno Samba

And yet, Football Manager know to be used by actual clubs to scout players. Odd one ini't?

If we can't get Haaland or Mbappe, who are your alternatives?

Felix is already performing and far more along so much more likely.

When Haaland was signed by Dortmund was that also a Football Mangaer singing?

Let's see how the season pans out maybe.

Wasn't a dig matey, just the layout reminded me of good times of old, you are quite right loads of clubs actually use the game as a way of assessing players as the games scouting network is actually immense
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum