FA Cup Final Tickets

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

FA Cup Final Tickets

Postby Nick » Tue May 07, 2024 11:13 pm

Surprised nothing on here.

Sold out today in bizarre fashion.

I had to buy in garbage corporate tier 2 at £250 each!!

I don't see how 25k odd in tier 1 and 3 all sold out in 3 days when last year it went to season ticket holders with no points.. sounds fishy and bizarre to me.

Anyone wanting to swap tickets let me know. I'm hoping the club release more from "give backs".. otherwise I may sell and jib..
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Re: FA Cup Final Tickets

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed May 08, 2024 5:30 am

Two things could have affected it:
- More people on the cup scheme
- We don't have another (more expensive) cup final the week after

I think last year a fair few people were choosing between one and the other, and holding back on buying FAC tickets until they'd found out whether or not they could get CL tickets.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby salford city » Wed May 08, 2024 6:15 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:Two things could have affected it:
- More people on the cup scheme
- We don't have another (more expensive) cup final the week after

I think last year a fair few people were choosing between one and the other, and holding back on buying FAC tickets until they'd found out whether or not they could get CL tickets.

The chumps league definitely affected lasr years' fa cup ticket availability - there were more fa final tkts available as people were forced to choose one or other - not everyone could afford both. I've ended up in tier 5 at £120 through our OSC branch which will be the same for all the other branches. Am in cup scheme so guaranteed tickets with my points as well. Lucky dip with the cup scheme(s) this season we've only had two home games and the Huddersfield game was £15 for adult's so that and a top priced Newcastle ticket would have been less than the extra you've ended up having to pay for?
It's all down to personal choice mate, you know we are likely to get to a domestic semi and / or final so give yourself the option next season - we will be off to Munich
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed May 08, 2024 8:35 am

lots of noise on line about foreign osc's getting significant allocations
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby salford city » Wed May 08, 2024 9:03 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:lots of noise on line about foreign osc's getting significant allocations

If you're an OSC over here, you will have gotten pretty much what youve asked for from your request. Most - if not all, of these branches will be at least 95% season ticket holders who can get their own anyway so they're not taking anyone else's ticket. That leaves season ticket holders who have chosen not to enrol in a cup scheme(s) to get first refusal on the remaining - which is fair enough. No way overseas OSC branches are getting more than their "share" I'd say as every other branch would see their arses. As ever, its people missing out who get the hump but everyone knows the score at the beginning of the season - no cup scheme, no £10 OSC membership leaves you vulnerable it's been like that for the past 10 years at least
salford city

Postby Nick » Wed May 08, 2024 9:52 am

I didn't know the score as:

Can't do midweek so binned cup scheme off years ago.

Last year it was piss easy to get a ticket. Most I know (including skint people) did both finals or neither.

I don't see how 25k tickets went in 3 days just to cup scheme members? There won't be 25k on that scheme? It seems a ploy to shift tier 2 250£ ticket (joke wtf do I get for £120 more?)
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby salford city » Wed May 08, 2024 10:28 am

Nick wrote:I didn't know the score as:

Can't do midweek so binned cup scheme off years ago.

Last year it was piss easy to get a ticket. Most I know (including skint people) did both finals or neither.

I don't see how 25k tickets went in 3 days just to cup scheme members? There won't be 25k on that scheme? It seems a ploy to shift tier 2 250£ ticket (joke wtf do I get for £120 more?)

I didn't even know those tkts were an option - not that I'd have taken them. The tickets have always been an issue more so since weve been successful and the band-wagon jumpers have increased. We were in tier one for the semi £70 now tier 5 at £150 for the final i guess(?) that is so more affordable tkts goto the open sale
salford city

Postby Nickyboy » Wed May 08, 2024 1:03 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:lots of noise on line about foreign osc's getting significant allocations

The % of tickets allocated to OSC's (home and abroad) is the same as always.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nick » Tue May 14, 2024 1:04 pm

As predicted the absolute cunts kept 3k back to sell the dear tickets first.

Don't believe the United sent back rumour (United didn't send any back) the extra tickets are all in our corner ffs

Scum bags the club

But it means I have 2 x tier 2 for sale for genuine blues. £450 it is for the pair!!

I'm now in the gods
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby salford city » Tue May 14, 2024 6:41 pm

Nick wrote:As predicted the absolute cunts kept 3k back to sell the dear tickets first.

Don't believe the United sent back rumour (United didn't send any back) the extra tickets are all in our corner ffs

Scum bags the club

But it means I have 2 x tier 2 for sale for genuine blues. £450 it is for the pair!!

I'm now in the gods

Lousy by the club if they've kept tickets back UNLESS there have been a pile of returns which seems unlikely particularly if they are all in the same area.
salford city

Return to The Maine Football forum