***Treble Winners v Wolves Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Wolves Official Match Thread***

Postby zabbadabbado » Sat May 04, 2024 9:02 pm

patrickblue wrote:If I never see Nunez in a City shirt again it;ll be too soon. I thought Phillips was bad, but this guy takes the entire packet of biscuits.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat May 04, 2024 9:04 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:grealish must be the most unambitious “forward” to ever play the game.

Hes like the only player in our side that when he has the ball not one fan ( Mase apart ) gets excited.

Hes so fucking boring with the ball as its a racing certainty that he will :

1. wait to get fouled
2 pass the ball back ,
3 Pass the ball sideways
4.hit a shot against their defender
5 when he does score or actually hits it on target , its normally a scuffed shot and if its a goal its never a winning goal in a must win game....100 million ? your having a laugh !

Have I missed anything out ?

spot on. he offers fuck all but probably thinks he’s doing well. it’s beyond boring at this point.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby zabbadabbado » Sat May 04, 2024 9:07 pm

Nunez is that bad.

When Pep makes those mass changes for the last 10 minutes it is literally like going down to 10 Men.

So,so, bad he. has no redeeming qualities..

Plays like a Woman in high Heels with a Hand Bag over her arm.

I hope the Person who scouted him is no longer at the Club.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby stupot » Sat May 04, 2024 9:15 pm

Haaland on fire, that's 25 league goals. Who's to say he won't get 30. That assist from Phil for his 4th was unbelievable but for me the worthy 2nd in the MOTM was Gvardiol who was brilliant in defence and going forward. What a player
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sat May 04, 2024 9:37 pm

stupot wrote:Haaland on fire, that's 25 league goals. Who's to say he won't get 30. That assist from Phil for his 4th was unbelievable but for me the worthy 2nd in the MOTM was Gvardiol who was brilliant in defence and going forward. What a player

Josko has been great the past month and a bit. Love the guy
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Sat May 04, 2024 9:52 pm

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:Haaland on fire, that's 25 league goals. Who's to say he won't get 30. That assist from Phil for his 4th was unbelievable but for me the worthy 2nd in the MOTM was Gvardiol who was brilliant in defence and going forward. What a player

Everyone gives out about our transfers last summer. Josko and doku were great signings. Kovacic is proving to be a good acquisition.

Goofey though was a total waste of money and he will never fit in.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat May 04, 2024 10:00 pm

sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Everyone gives out about our transfers last summer. Josko and doku were great signings. Kovacic is proving to be a good acquisition.

Josko getting big praise on social media
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sat May 04, 2024 10:08 pm

Josko is a super star. It's hard to know where he'll end up position wise but pep is doing wonders with hin.

What a performance. I think we'll win out
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Mase » Sat May 04, 2024 10:34 pm

sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

I think probably because Doku has been so hit and miss. He’s had some truly terrible game - getting taken off at half time, but then some really good ones. We’ll see if he’s a great signing but happy to give him the time he needs.

We went from Gundo to Kova - a big downgrade.

Josko started poorly and it’s a new league, new team, new position and he’s adapted well imo.

Nunes has been terrible.

I can see why people don’t rate our transfer window last summer.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat May 04, 2024 10:56 pm

Original Dub wrote:Josko is a super star. It's hard to know where he'll end up position wise but pep is doing wonders with hin.

Josko will probably end up in a hybrid CB/DM role created by Pep for him. Something not too dissimilar to what Beckenbauer played all those years ago
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Outcast » Sat May 04, 2024 11:42 pm

zuricity wrote:
Outcast wrote:
zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Outcast wrote:Real put 4 past us!! Where was your wet dream defender of the century?
This did not go unnoticed at the time, Akanji was at fault for one but Kyle outperformed him for the others. My lasting brain scar of that encounter is Bernie & Kova though - they bottled it big time when Madrid were on the floor after the Modric penalty miss.

nonsense the first goal came from the right and deflected off Dias. The second again a deflection even a mishit .

You just don't get it, when Dias and Stones are in form, they're world class. Akanji is a gap filler who's having a decent run. Akanji can't lead like Dias nor carry the ball forward like Stones. I think Pep is developing Josko into Stones role and hopefully partners Dias next season. I may add Ake is a fantastic defender.

But they are not in form are they ? How does that help us ? and Stones is always injured. I reckon Dias is gone next season , he is not World Class. He has been good for us , but he cannot organise a defense. Stones is brittle. You cannot build a defense around those two anymore.

Are you Swiss, do you live in Switzerland, is Akanji your homeboy? It's the only explanation.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun May 05, 2024 5:01 am

^^^^^^^

Born in manc mate, where Manchattan now stands. If you know Manc at all

I am not a big fan of Akanji at all, but he gets stick from people like you, just because , well for whatever reason.

He seems to impress Pep. Pep keeps playing him. He makes mistakes, Stones and Ake recently have caused goals to be given away.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby zuricity » Sun May 05, 2024 5:16 am

johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Outcast wrote:Real put 4 past us!! Where was your wet dream defender of the century?
This did not go unnoticed at the time, Akanji was at fault for one but Kyle outperformed him for the others. My lasting brain scar of that encounter is Bernie & Kova though - they bottled it big time when Madrid were on the floor after the Modric penalty miss.

nonsense the first goal came from the right and deflected off Dias. The second again a deflection even a mishit .
Nonsense eh?I'll let that pass but think you are being a little too kind with your description of the mishit/deflection for Madrid's second, bit unlucky maybe but you know what they say about luck.

oh stop - look at the goal the attacker shot - "passed" , side footed , whatever , at the goalie ffs . It hit Akanji and went past the goalie . come on , are you really blaming Defenders for this ? like Dias, the first goal, he could do nothing about it. If he had not been there , it would have gone wide.

These things happen for us and against us.

Madrid got lucky, accept it .

We had enough chances to kill them off , even at their place. leave it at that .

Btw if there was a Mistake against Madrid, it was Peps. Modric maybe old , but coming on late on in a game , not tired, he can still do the work.
It means he, like Pirlo in Italy before him needs to be stopped . they are great players. So they need man marking when they come on . Modric had all the time in the world in both games he influenced the result for draws. Yeah he missed a penalty , but hey , who doesn't ?[/quote]Akanji has been immense for us but for that crucial goal he was completely out of position on the wrong side of Vinicius when he put through and messed up a chance to make up for the mistake. Don't understand your point about Modric, he did nothing of note except miss his penalty.[/quote]

It was Modric's great pass that allowed Vinicius to cross the ball for their Wonder goal, he set the assist up, he has great vision. He may not have the legs for a full 90 minutes these days , but like midfield masters, tin tin , pirlo, etc , he has the ability to create good chances,
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Indianablue » Sun May 05, 2024 6:16 am

Original Dub wrote:Josko is a super star. It's hard to know where he'll end up position wise but pep is doing wonders with hin.

Great player, will be another legend for us. Took a little time to settle as a left back and some were slaughtering him on the forum but you could tell he had class. Gets on with it, doesn't moan or play act, great engine, good at running with the ball and he's shown us he can score. Rapidly becoming a favourite
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Indianablue » Sun May 05, 2024 6:33 am

zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Nonsense eh?I'll let that pass but think you are being a little too kind with your description of the mishit/deflection for Madrid's second, bit unlucky maybe but you know what they say about luck.

oh stop - look at the goal the attacker shot - "passed" , side footed , whatever , at the goalie ffs . It hit Akanji and went past the goalie . come on , are you really blaming Defenders for this ? like Dias, the first goal, he could do nothing about it. If he had not been there , it would have gone wide.

These things happen for us and against us.

Madrid got lucky, accept it .

We had enough chances to kill them off , even at their place. leave it at that .

Btw if there was a Mistake against Madrid, it was Peps. Modric maybe old , but coming on late on in a game , not tired, he can still do the work.
It means he, like Pirlo in Italy before him needs to be stopped . they are great players. So they need man marking when they come on . Modric had all the time in the world in both games he influenced the result for draws. Yeah he missed a penalty , but hey , who doesn't ?
Akanji has been immense for us but for that crucial goal he was completely out of position on the wrong side of Vinicius when he put through and messed up a chance to make up for the mistake. Don't understand your point about Modric, he did nothing of note except miss his penalty.[/quote]

It was Modric's great pass that allowed Vinicius to cross the ball for their Wonder goal, he set the assist up, he has great vision. He may not have the legs for a full 90 minutes these days , but like midfield masters, tin tin , pirlo, etc , he has the ability to create good chances,[/quote]
Crying over spilt milk here. Games gone. Akanji has been a decent buy but he's a 7/10 and lacks the vision or skill to be better. Has rapidly become Pep's first choice, probably as a result of injuries we have had. He' ok but always manages to fuck up at some point in a game. Stones is a better player, he used to fuck up regularly in the early days, less noticeable now he is in midfield and injury has reduced his game time. Dias makes mistakes but he's a great defender. Unlike Stones and Dias, Akanji has never made me think he had a great game - good but not great. AKE on the other hand is a great player and better than all three
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Nickyboy » Sun May 05, 2024 6:49 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:a big IF…
if arsenal draw at the swamp next week and we’ve beaten fulham, we can win the league at spurs…

Well you've jinxed that fabulous outcome now
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nickyboy » Sun May 05, 2024 6:53 am

Indianablue wrote:Great result, great for Haaland, he should be thankful Pep gave him a chance. Mard arse makes me think he's not really a team player. Great for Alvarez, Doku made a great impact as a sub, not so much Grealish , ALWAYS riding a takle looking for a foul - just play the ball for fuck sake. NUNES cant buy a goal.
Only negative, should have been 8 or 9.

Why do people find it so difficult to comprehend that Grealish (like all of them) has a specific role within the team. He does exactly what Pep wants and needs him to do and he gets picked for the specific games and scenarios he's required for.

Its no coincidence Pep continuously picks him for the biggest matches.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby blues2win » Sun May 05, 2024 6:57 am

Unpopular opinion it was a great bit of pressing by Nunes which helped set up the Alvarez goal.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Sun May 05, 2024 7:06 am

Ian Wright said our first pen was the worst decision he’s ever seen. Lineker laughed in his face.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 05, 2024 8:21 am

Mase wrote:Ian Wright said our first pen was the worst decision he’s ever seen. Lineker laughed in his face.

Strange, because you’d think an Arsenal fan would have watched their game earlier and noted the penalty given for Havertz going out of his way to trip over to win it.

Jenas predictably was his usual spastic self
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum