***Treble Winners v Wolves Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Wolves Official Match Thread***

Postby Outcast » Sun May 05, 2024 8:27 am

zuricity wrote:^^^^^^^

Born in manc mate, where Manchattan now stands. If you know Manc at all

I am not a big fan of Akanji at all, but he gets stick from people like you, just because , well for whatever reason.

He seems to impress Pep. Pep keeps playing him. He makes mistakes, Stones and Ake recently have caused goals to be given away.

That made me chuckle :lol:

The irony of it all, I didn't mention Akanji in this thread, you brought it up and rammed it down my throat. Do you suffer from dementia?
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Sun May 05, 2024 8:33 am

Commentators said nunes only ever scored one goal for wolves? If thats the case what are his strengths?!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Sun May 05, 2024 8:52 am

Outcast wrote:

I am not a big fan of Akanji at all, but he gets stick from people like you, just because , well for whatever reason.

He seems to impress Pep. Pep keeps playing him. He makes mistakes, Stones and Ake recently have caused goals to be given away.

The irony of it all, I didn't mention Akanji in this thread, you brought it up and rammed it down my throat. Do you suffer from dementia?

Are you sure you are not suffering from memory loss ?

Didn't you write

" Are you Swiss, do you live in Switzerland, is Akanji your homeboy? It's the only explanation. ".
?
You are constantly complaining about him, seems to be a pet grievance with you
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 05, 2024 8:53 am

Dubciteh wrote:Commentators said nunes only ever scored one goal for wolves? If thats the case what are his strengths?!

Flaps his ears to keep the flies away.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby salford city » Sun May 05, 2024 8:56 am

Dubciteh wrote:Commentators said nunes only ever scored one goal for wolves? If thats the case what are his strengths?!

With those teeth he can eat an orange through a letter-box and he has a passing resemblance to a taxi with its doors open with those ears?
I must admit to believing he would actually bring us something but I don't know what that something is now. Never seen a player give an easy pass and then hide as much as this fella
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby johnny crossan » Sun May 05, 2024 9:28 am

Indianablue wrote:Crying over spilt milk here. Games gone. Akanji has been a decent buy but he's a 7/10 and lacks the vision or skill to be better. Has rapidly become Pep's first choice, probably as a result of injuries we have had. He' ok but always manages to fuck up at some point in a game. Stones is a better player, he used to fuck up regularly in the early days, less noticeable now he is in midfield and injury has reduced his game time. Dias makes mistakes but he's a great defender. Unlike Stones and Dias, Akanji has never made me think he had a great game - good but not great. AKE on the other hand is a great player and better than all three
Akanji was without question a fantastic acquisition for us and without him and his speed there'd have been no treble and no double this season either (if it happens). Your low assessment of his quality is baffling tbh.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby patrickblue » Sun May 05, 2024 9:43 am

salford city wrote:

With those teeth he can eat an orange through a letter-box and he has a passing resemblance to a taxi with its doors open with those ears?
I must admit to believing he would actually bring us something but I don't know what that something is now. Never seen a player give an easy pass and then hide as much as this fella

You know what will happen next don't you!
After everyone totally giving up on Nunes and slagging him to the rafters, he'll all of a sudden start playing like Pele. Maybe we should start a "What does Nunez actually do" thread.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby salford city » Sun May 05, 2024 10:06 am

patrickblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

After everyone totally giving up on Nunes and slagging him to the rafters, he'll all of a sudden start playing like Pele. Maybe we should start a "What does Nunez actually do" thread.

I'd love to see that Pat but think it unlikely. I've watched him when he does get a rare start or he gets the last 10-20 minutes in a game and he just does not inspire confidence. Id much rather give Bobb and Lewis those minutes - both are far superior footballers.
As we've all said, going to be a big summer window i can see us having ro replace at least Bernie
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nick » Sun May 05, 2024 10:14 am

Alvarez must have some ratio when he's actually played up front..
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby s1ty m » Sun May 05, 2024 10:24 am

Outcast wrote:

I am happy to concede on Akanji, who looks brilliant this season. I thought he was crap, and I was so wrong.

Nunes though. Lol.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mase » Sun May 05, 2024 10:56 am

patrickblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

Didn’t work with Phillips
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 05, 2024 10:57 am

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

We would be lucky just to give him away for free just to save on his outrageous salary.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Sun May 05, 2024 11:05 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

We would be lucky just to give him away for free just to save on his outrageous salary.

Phillips, Nunes, or Gomez? Or all :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby just sayin » Sun May 05, 2024 11:24 am

I would love to know who sanctioned the signing of Nunes.....I really would! As all the previous posters have said, he offers absolutely zero to the team and would struggle to get a game for the rags.

How he gets minutes on the pitch in front of Rico and Bobb is beyond me.
just sayin
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Phil Foden

Postby Mase » Sun May 05, 2024 11:29 am

just sayin wrote:I would love to know who sanctioned the signing of Nunes.....I really would! As all the previous posters have said, he offers absolutely zero to the team and would struggle to get a game for the rags.

How he gets minutes on the pitch in front of Rico and Bobb is beyond me.

That’s the true travesty and probably why some of the kids leave/will leave.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Indianablue » Sun May 05, 2024 12:22 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Indianablue wrote:Crying over spilt milk here. Games gone. Akanji has been a decent buy but he's a 7/10 and lacks the vision or skill to be better. Has rapidly become Pep's first choice, probably as a result of injuries we have had. He' ok but always manages to fuck up at some point in a game. Stones is a better player, he used to fuck up regularly in the early days, less noticeable now he is in midfield and injury has reduced his game time. Dias makes mistakes but he's a great defender. Unlike Stones and Dias, Akanji has never made me think he had a great game - good but not great. AKE on the other hand is a great player and better than all three
Akanji was without question a fantastic acquisition for us and without him and his speed there'd have been no treble and no double this season either (if it happens). Your low assessment of his quality is baffling tbh.

Not really a playmaker, has scored few goals, considered pacy but i''d have beaten him over 100yds in my prime so just decent, makes mistakes and has a low purchase price so considered bottom end by football, and a fair few on here are mystified how he's a first choice. He will never be a great. Hope this clarification makes it easy for you to understand. Be happy for you to list his attibutes and grade them
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Mase » Sun May 05, 2024 12:26 pm

Without Akanji there wouldn’t be the treble?! he did his best in the CL to fuck it up for us. TWICE!!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sun May 05, 2024 12:43 pm

Mase wrote:Without Akanji there wouldn’t be the treble?! he did his best in the CL to fuck it up for us. TWICE!!!
Focus on what he's done not what might have happened that didn't. For two seasons Akanji's covered brilliantly right across the back 4 and when the crunch came in the big games arguably played better in each of those positions than the established picks. Absolutely no treble or potential double without him - Ake & Stones injury absences would have lost us both for sure. The lack of credit he gets from some of you on here is completely ridiculous.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby stupot » Sun May 05, 2024 12:47 pm

Mase wrote:Without Akanji there wouldn’t be the treble?! he did his best in the CL to fuck it up for us. TWICE!!!

He also was heavily involved in the winning goal with the lovely through ball to Bernardo
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sun May 05, 2024 12:51 pm

stupot wrote:

He also was heavily involved in the winning goal with the lovely through ball to Bernardo

He made a pass, yes. Fuck me, if a footballer can’t make a pass what are they being paid for?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum