***Treble Winners v Wolves Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Wolves Official Match Thread***

Postby patrickblue » Sat May 04, 2024 7:29 pm

I must share the first comment on the BBC have your say

Does this result affect Liverpool winning the quadruple?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Outcast » Sat May 04, 2024 7:30 pm

I was being facetious. Fuck me, lighten up you tarts[/quote]

You have been facetious about Akanji for months but he is proving you wrong eh ?[/quote]

Has he been tested? Had Forest had a decent striker we could easily finished square or ended up behind. Let's face it he didn't really have to defend today. I know you have a hard on for Akanji, I'm afraid I just don't share that sentiment.[/quote]

of course he has, what are you saying? He's played against all and Sundry, Champs League , Fa Cup and PL. Come on, he is doing his job very well.

Where's Dias or Stones at this critical time of the season ? Both on holiday . Who needs a Stones that turns up when he feels like it ? Dias ? last two seasons good for the odd own goal ?

Ake and Akanji are intelligent people. Pep trusts them. Strangely enough so Pep keeps playing them..

How can you blame Akanki for Forest's Wood screwing up ? why was the cross not stopped ? please get real there are eleven out there .[/quote]

Real put 4 past us!! Where was your wet dream defender of the century?
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat May 04, 2024 7:30 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:a big IF…
if arsenal draw at the swamp next week and we’ve beaten fulham, we can win the league at spurs…

That would be rather poetic

And fucking brilliant
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Sat May 04, 2024 7:32 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:a big IF…
if arsenal draw at the swamp next week and we’ve beaten fulham, we can win the league at spurs…

That would be rather poetic

And fucking brilliant

Officials won't know what to do at the swamp. Mixed loyalties and all that.

I meant to say conflicting loyalties.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Sat May 04, 2024 7:37 pm

Outcast wrote:I was being facetious. Fuck me, lighten up you tarts

You have been facetious about Akanji for months but he is proving you wrong eh ?[/quote]

Has he been tested? Had Forest had a decent striker we could easily finished square or ended up behind. Let's face it he didn't really have to defend today. I know you have a hard on for Akanji, I'm afraid I just don't share that sentiment.[/quote]

of course he has, what are you saying? He's played against all and Sundry, Champs League , Fa Cup and PL. Come on, he is doing his job very well.

Where's Dias or Stones at this critical time of the season ? Both on holiday . Who needs a Stones that turns up when he feels like it ? Dias ? last two seasons good for the odd own goal ?

Ake and Akanji are intelligent people. Pep trusts them. Strangely enough so Pep keeps playing them..

How can you blame Akanki for Forest's Wood screwing up ? why was the cross not stopped ? please get real there are eleven out there .[/quote]

Real put 4 past us!! Where was your wet dream defender of the century?[/quote]

Why do you need to be abusive ?

Real scored three deflections and a Corker, what has that got to do with Akanji ?

the first deflection was an own goal from Dias. not Akanji How is Akanji involved in this . Remember the player turned Gvardiol on the wing and ran inside.
How is Akanji involved in this ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby patrickblue » Sat May 04, 2024 7:38 pm

If I never see Nunez in a City shirt again it;ll be too soon. I thought Phillips was bad, but this guy takes the entire packet of biscuits.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby johnny crossan » Sat May 04, 2024 7:39 pm

Outcast wrote:Real put 4 past us!! Where was your wet dream defender of the century?
This did not go unnoticed at the time, Akanji was at fault for one but Kyle outperformed him for the others. My lasting brain scar of that encounter is Bernie & Kova though - they bottled it big time when Madrid were on the floor after the Modric penalty miss.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Sat May 04, 2024 7:40 pm

patrickblue wrote:If I never see Nunez in a City shirt again it;ll be too soon. I thought Phillips was bad, but this guy takes the entire packet of biscuits.

He is testing the patience isn't he ?
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby zuricity » Sat May 04, 2024 7:42 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Outcast wrote:Real put 4 past us!! Where was your wet dream defender of the century?
This did not go unnoticed at the time, Akanji was at fault for one but Kyle outperformed him for the others. My lasting brain scar of that encounter is Bernie & Kova though - they bottled it big time when Madrid were on the floor after the Modric penalty miss.

nonsense the first goal came from the right and deflected off Dias. The second again a deflection even a mishit .
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby salford city » Sat May 04, 2024 7:46 pm

patrickblue wrote:I must share the first comment on the BBC have your say

Does this result affect Liverpool winning the quadruple?

Fucking ace - top work
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Outcast » Sat May 04, 2024 7:53 pm

zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

nonsense the first goal came from the right and deflected off Dias. The second again a deflection even a mishit .

You just don't get it, when Dias and Stones are in form, they're world class. Akanji is a gap filler who's having a decent run. Akanji can't lead like Dias nor carry the ball forward like Stones. I think Pep is developing Josko into Stones role and hopefully partners Dias next season. I may add Ake is a fantastic defender.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Indianablue » Sat May 04, 2024 7:54 pm

Great result, great for Haaland, he should be thankful Pep gave him a chance. Mard arse makes me think he's not really a team player. Great for Alvarez, Doku made a great impact as a sub, not so much Grealish , ALWAYS riding a takle looking for a foul - just play the ball for fuck sake. NUNES cant buy a goal.
Only negative, should have been 8 or 9.
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby johnny crossan » Sat May 04, 2024 7:59 pm

zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Nonsense eh?I'll let that pass but think you are being a little too kind with your description of the mishit/deflection for Madrid's second, bit unlucky maybe but you know what they say about luck.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Sat May 04, 2024 8:03 pm

Outcast wrote:
zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

You just don't get it, when Dias and Stones are in form, they're world class. Akanji is a gap filler who's having a decent run. Akanji can't lead like Dias nor carry the ball forward like Stones. I think Pep is developing Josko into Stones role and hopefully partners Dias next season. I may add Ake is a fantastic defender.

But they are not in form are they ? How does that help us ? and Stones is always injured. I reckon Dias is gone next season , he is not World Class. He has been good for us , but he cannot organise a defense. Stones is brittle. You cannot build a defense around those two anymore.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby blues2win » Sat May 04, 2024 8:08 pm

Feed the beast and he’ll score, Two cracking assists from Rodri and Foden and two cracking finishes from Erling.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat May 04, 2024 8:11 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
blues2win wrote:Anyone who’s dissatisfied with a 5-1 is being a bit silly in my view. On to Craven Cottage where we can take the lead before the Arse play at the swamp,

Got to be happy with that. I thought Wolves would be on Rhyl beach & they were

I was being facetious. Fuck me, lighten up you tarts

every time I've been to Rhyl beach it's been under water :lol:

You know, I bet that was because the tide was in, it’s something to do with the moon apparently :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Sat May 04, 2024 8:18 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Nonsense eh?I'll let that pass but think you are being a little too kind with your description of the mishit/deflection for Madrid's second, bit unlucky maybe but you know what they say about luck.

oh stop - look at the goal the attacker shot - "passed" , side footed , whatever , at the goalie ffs . It hit Akanji and went past the goalie . come on , are you really blaming Defenders for this ? like Dias, the first goal, he could do nothing about it. If he had not been there , it would have gone wide.

These things happen for us and against us.

Madrid got lucky, accept it .

We had enough chances to kill them off , even at their place. leave it at that .

Btw if there was a Mistake against Madrid, it was Peps. Modric maybe old , but coming on late on in a game , not tired, he can still do the work.
It means he, like Pirlo in Italy before him needs to be stopped . they are great players. So they need man marking when they come on . Modric had all the time in the world in both games he influenced the result for draws. Yeah he missed a penalty , but hey , who doesn't ?
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby johnny crossan » Sat May 04, 2024 8:41 pm

zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

oh stop - look at the goal the attacker shot - "passed" , side footed , whatever , at the goalie ffs . It hit Akanji and went past the goalie . come on , are you really blaming Defenders for this ? like Dias, the first goal, he could do nothing about it. If he had not been there , it would have gone wide.

These things happen for us and against us.

Madrid got lucky, accept it .

We had enough chances to kill them off , even at their place. leave it at that .

Btw if there was a Mistake against Madrid, it was Peps. Modric maybe old , but coming on late on in a game , not tired, he can still do the work.
It means he, like Pirlo in Italy before him needs to be stopped . they are great players. So they need man marking when they come on . Modric had all the time in the world in both games he influenced the result for draws. Yeah he missed a penalty , but hey , who doesn't ?
Akanji has been immense for us but for that crucial goal he was completely out of position on the wrong side of Vinicius when he put through and messed up a chance to make up for the mistake. Don't understand your point about Modric, he did nothing of note except miss his penalty.
Last edited by johnny crossan on Sat May 04, 2024 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sat May 04, 2024 8:45 pm

zuricity wrote:
patrickblue wrote:If I never see Nunez in a City shirt again it;ll be too soon. I thought Phillips was bad, but this guy takes the entire packet of biscuits.

He is testing the patience isn't he ?

I feel for him, because he’s so far out of his depth it’s unbelievable. I’ve not seen one game where I’ve thought, “you know what, he might come good”. Hes been average against lower teams and that’s been his best.

But the club has to have a look at what they’re doing. 5 year contracts to Phillips and Nunes - players that clearly aren’t good enough.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zabbadabbado » Sat May 04, 2024 8:57 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:grealish must be the most unambitious “forward” to ever play the game.

Hes like the only player in our side that when he has the ball not one fan ( Mase apart ) gets excited.

Hes so fucking boring with the ball as its a racing certainty that he will :

1. wait to get fouled
2 pass the ball back ,
3 Pass the ball sideways
4.hit a shot against their defender
5 when he does score or actually hits it on target , its normally a scuffed shot and if its a goal its never a winning goal in a must win game....100 million ? your having a laugh !

Have I missed anything out ?
Literally 100% true.

Never reached his true potential for me.

I believe alcohol has affected his career potential.

Will be sold this summer in my opinion.The fact he is 28 years old and loves the Booze.Means like Rooney he will be burned out when he hits 30.The recovery time for piss Heads from injury is much longer.Why we will sell him whilst he still has some value.left.He is already in decline because of his lifestyle.choice.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum