PL Games May 3/4/5/6

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Games May 3/4/5/6

Postby patrickblue » Thu May 09, 2024 9:57 am

PeterParker wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:dortmund getting to the cl final is a joke

I am getting a feeling we really missed a huge chance. If we would have gone through, I think we would have won it again.

Let's face it, we were by far the better team over both legs with RM, and IMHO, the best side in the competition by a considerable margin.
Only ourselves to blame for going out, the home game was there on a plate to be won.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby zuricity » Thu May 09, 2024 12:09 pm

patrickblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

I am getting a feeling we really missed a huge chance. If we would have gone through, I think we would have won it again.

Let's face it, we were by far the better team over both legs with RM, and IMHO, the best side in the competition by a considerable margin.
Only ourselves to blame for going out, the home game was there on a plate to be won.

We dominated the away game too.

Madrid were shockingly poor last night and an average Bayern team held them, but for Tuchels subs.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu May 09, 2024 12:22 pm

patrickblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

KDB cost us that game.....should have scored easily and it never should have gotten to penalties.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby stupot » Thu May 09, 2024 12:28 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

KDB cost us that game.....should have scored easily and it never should have gotten to penalties.

OR ..... it wouldn't have gone to pens without his goal.
He missed a sitter but he didn't give their goal away - that was Walker and he didn't do the worlds worst pen. That was Bernardo.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Thu May 09, 2024 12:51 pm

Going out will be a blessing in disguise if we become the first to win 4 league titles in a row.

If we were in the semi we would have had a weaker team at forest and dropped points.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 09, 2024 1:02 pm

sheblue wrote:Going out will be a blessing in disguise if we become the first to win 4 league titles in a row.

If we were in the semi we would have had a weaker team at forest and dropped points.

Or Brighton

These are exactly my thoughts as well. And the Wolves game last weekend and the upcoming one at Fulham

Would we win all of those with a two legged semi in between? We of course will never know, but my opinion is we wouldn't have
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby salford city » Thu May 09, 2024 1:21 pm

nottsblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:Going out will be a blessing in disguise if we become the first to win 4 league titles in a row.

Or Brighton

These are exactly my thoughts as well. And the Wolves game last weekend and the upcoming one at Fulham

Would we win all of those with a two legged semi in between? We of course will never know, but my opinion is we wouldn't have

I'm ok with this providing we get the remaining two trophies over the line.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby zuricity » Thu May 09, 2024 3:15 pm

I think, the problem is the "weighting system" in the Champions League. It needs to be dropped and let a machine spit the balls out with the numbers on , like the lotto. one after the other , fill the groups up.

It is silly that the same teams can only be drawn against each other almost every season in the knockout stages .

Also I don't see why clubs from one country can't be in the same group stages . Surely this is "green" and would involve less travelling, if it should happen.

I mean , there is a limit to the number of times i want to go and see City in München or Madrid.

CL is a money spinner , but it doesn't have to be one for the Hotel and Airline industries.

Pubs though ? they need a bit of help , don't they ?
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby zuricity » Thu May 09, 2024 3:30 pm

stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

He missed a sitter but he didn't give their goal away - that was Walker and he didn't do the worlds worst pen. That was Bernardo.

Kdb wasn't the only one that missed chances.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby patrickblue » Thu May 09, 2024 4:36 pm

That's my view as well. I think the departure of Gundo and Mahrez left us weaker with the result that the strength in depth isn't there, and something had to give. CL in my eyes is the least important (now we've won it).
The one I really want is the fourth title in a row, I'd even be happier winning that and losing the cup final (heaven forbid) than the other way around.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby PeterParker » Thu May 09, 2024 9:26 pm

stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Only him would have placed the goal that way. Similar to the goals with the rags two years ago.
Him missing from that place was Madrid's luck.

On one vs one I would bet my house on the Ginger Socrates to score. Ice cold in those situations.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum