View from the Home End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

View from the Home End

Postby CuteMancs » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:12 am

Apologies for being missing in action for the last couple of games, things should back to normal for the rest of season. It’s the usual kind of comments from the home fans for this one, but with a little bit extra. I get that, given what they are going through this season. Has to be three points tomorrow, nothing else will do at this point.

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Simon Hooper. Assistants
Adrian Holmes, Simon Long
Fourth official: Tom Bramall
VAR: Peter Bankes.
Assistant VAR: Gary Beswick

Team Selection

Selz
Williams Niakhate Murillo Aina
Yates
Dominguez Danilo
MGW
Elanga Wood

And the rest…

The club is angry, the manager is fuming, the players are maddened and the fans are f***ing furious so that energy will make this fixture a hard one for our opposition. The City Ground will certainly be a very volatile and intimidating place to play which may work in our favour.

Ice cream’s chance in a curry factory.

Man City are indeed beatable, which is why VAR has been stacked in their favour. Not having the PL bother with all the financial crimes laid against them also helps. Just a side note, there's a precedent already been set for punishment for illegal payments to players. The punishment was meted out to Swindon Town - they were summarily relegated 2 divisions for that offence.

Man City may be beatable, but can we beat PMGOL and VAR?

Well, the PL/PGMOL have already stacked the deck with "punchy" Hooper officiating, so we know how the plot has been sketched out.

We're going to get mullered but it doesn't really matter.

This, for me, is about damage limitation. Then we have 3 games to try to get enough points to stay ahead of Luton.

Needs a big banner with 115 FFP charges, No action, No integrity.

Anything less than 4-0 would be a good result. If we play the Man City that turned up vs Chelsea at Wembley, we actually have a decent chance of getting something.

I'd start Sangare for this one, a shot to nothing if there was one. Also 5 at the back or 3 in midfield, we are not getting anything with a 4-2-3-1 here.

Wait, we play football matches as well?

I think we'll surprise them and we'll keep this to 0-3

City are going to kill us, almost certainly. If they were still in the CL we'd have had a fighting chance. If Liverpool hadn't thrown in the towel we'd have a fighting chance. Sadly, those two propensities are gone, and City know what it takes to get things done, and to come out with the double during an "off" season will comfort them over the loss to Madrid. I am expecting them to hit a minimum of four.

I'll genuinely be paying more attention to Luton's result than ours. Come on Wolves.

Keep Foden quiet, shoot the ref and kidnap the VARsole.

We should just let them score 115 goals, a scoreline of 115-0 will get some headlines.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: View from the Home End

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:14 am

Cheers CM

Liked this one
Keep Foden quiet, shoot the ref and kidnap the VARsole.

Any old win will do
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:34 am

Knew their fans were delusional but not to that extent.

They openly cheated and admitted it. But they’re crying because we have a completely different charge to them and haven’t had a hearing yet? Weird fuckers.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:50 am

Deluded wankers. Hope we murder them.

I was at an all day course the other day and City were up on the screen with the 3 in a row poster as an example of how togetherness in high performing teams is essential blah blah...

One of the other directors comes out with "city play football like I've never seen before. It's absolutely beautiful. But they play by completely different rules to everyone else so their achievements mean nothing".

He's a Liverpool fan.

He didn't know I was a city fan until I told him he was talking complete shite and that high performers don't use coping mechanisms like he just did.

I don't know if we're ever going to be friends now :cry:
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:01 am

Original Dub wrote:Deluded wankers. Hope we murder them.

I was at an all day course the other day and City were up on the screen with the 3 in a row poster as an example of how togetherness in high performing teams is essential blah blah...

One of the other directors comes out with "city play football like I've never seen before. It's absolutely beautiful. But they play by completely different rules to everyone else so their achievements mean nothing".

He's a Liverpool fan.

He didn't know I was a city fan until I told him he was talking complete shite and that high performers don't use coping mechanisms like he just did.

I don't know if we're ever going to be friends now :cry:

When people say that I normal reply with - “ahhh yes. Paying Mancini from a different company means that Pep’s achievements mean nothing. That makes sense.”. Really hits home how ridiculous they sound.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:41 am

That's exactly what I've said mate on quite a lot of occasions. Nail on head.

I think it was just that this dickhead said it so matter of fact in a room full of people...

Anyway fuck him. Dipper fans are looking after their own demise
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:56 am

Original Dub wrote:That's exactly what I've said mate on quite a lot of occasions. Nail on head.

I think it was just that this dickhead said it so matter of fact in a room full of people...

Anyway fuck him. Dipper fans are looking after their own demise

Hopefully we’re all laughing at them at 2:15 today
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:59 am

:lol:
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:16 am

Some bellend wrote:Man City are indeed beatable, which is why VAR has been stacked in their favour. Not having the PL bother with all the financial crimes laid against them also helps. Just a side note, there's a precedent already been set for punishment for illegal payments to players. The punishment was meted out to Swindon Town - they were summarily relegated 2 divisions for that offence.

This is why doctors advise pregnant women not to smoke.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:35 pm

Thanks CM

Going to keep an eye on that cunt Gibbs White tomorrow.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:44 pm

I never liked forest and I couldn’t stand that alcoholic drink x manager of theirs either .

Hope we batter them senseless .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carolina-blue » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:35 pm

All that shit they spew is a direct result of all the media attacks on us for the past 10 years , when we are rightly found innocent of all this red rag driven witchhunt it won’t matter we will still have to defend our club throw enough shit at the wall and it sticks , That’s why I hope we do go after the cunts who have thrown the shit
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:55 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Some bellend wrote:Man City are indeed beatable, which is why VAR has been stacked in their favour. Not having the PL bother with all the financial crimes laid against them also helps. Just a side note, there's a precedent already been set for punishment for illegal payments to players. The punishment was meted out to Swindon Town - they were summarily relegated 2 divisions for that offence.

This is why doctors advise pregnant women not to smoke.

Jeez TB, what perception ! I always used to put it down to mum drinking the baby's ( old time ) gripe water. Cheaper than gin.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Return to The Maine Football forum