***Treble Winners v Brighton Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Brighton Official Match Thread***

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:07 am

Apart from the fuck up nearly costing us a pen, Josko has been really good the past month. His ratings have been 7+ since March, apart from two games.

Hopefully being used as a LB to get used to being on the ball more in the Premier League. I’m really hopeful he’ll be class for us in the future.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby stupot » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:13 am

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:Great performance, Phil and Kev obviously superb but how good was Kova again. So good on the ball, don't think he gave it away and his little forward passes are something else.

Again? :lol:

You like to use WhoScored stats. According to their ratings based on stats he was our 8th best player last night. Over the season an average of 6.61

No doubt he had a decent game last night. But “Again” :lol:

Yep - again. For me we seem to play better with him in the team. Very good on the ball and allows others to play..
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:21 am

stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:Great performance, Phil and Kev obviously superb but how good was Kova again. So good on the ball, don't think he gave it away and his little forward passes are something else.

You like to use WhoScored stats. According to their ratings based on stats he was our 8th best player last night. Over the season an average of 6.61

Yep - again. For me we seem to play better with him in the team. Very good on the ball and allows others to play..

You’re usually correct with your takes, but I’m guessing this is fishing?

Kovacic started in both games against Arsenal this season - we didn’t play well in either.

Against your likes of Bournemouth, Brighton, Luton he’s okay to have in. Theres not been one “big” game that he’s played for us where we’ve been better for having him in the starting lineup, but happy to be corrected if you have examples? He started against Madrid away and got one of the lowest ratings for us.

Rico could play in his position and we wouldn’t notice a difference.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:46 am

Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:Brighton 11th now. I guess that’s what happens when you have a chairman that’s only interested in selling all your best players. “Well ran club” :lol:

Bit harsh. Cannot argue that their business model is to do that but they made europe and did not have the squad ito cope with it this season. They'll be back pushing for top 6-7 next season. Impressed with the young kid Barco last night. We were linked with him but they've took a punt on him. He won't be there long

That’s my entire point mate, you’ve just agreed with me :) - they don’t have the squad because the chairman has sold all their best players without replacing them.

The Barco kid was ours, but we were put off by “attitude problems” apparently.

From 2023 -
https://www.manchestercity.news/little-boy-player-tipped-to-join-manchester-city-in-2024-now-criticised-for-his-attitude/

Apparently if their managers goes to Bayern they want Komps. Will be interesting!

Would like to see Komps with the Brighton squad, I think he could have them performing just as well but would the Munchens take a punt on De Zerbi? They'll be hurting to spunk the league so there will be a shit load more pressure on the new boss. Could end up a good move for both. I rate this Barco kid, nothing wrong with calling Cavani a lazy bastard in my eyes. Imagine the shit the kid would give Nunes in training each day....
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:51 am

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:Brighton 11th now. I guess that’s what happens when you have a chairman that’s only interested in selling all your best players. “Well ran club” :lol:

Bit harsh. Cannot argue that their business model is to do that but they made europe and did not have the squad ito cope with it this season. They'll be back pushing for top 6-7 next season. Impressed with the young kid Barco last night. We were linked with him but they've took a punt on him. He won't be there long

That’s my entire point mate, you’ve just agreed with me :) - they don’t have the squad because the chairman has sold all their best players without replacing them.

The Barco kid was ours, but we were put off by “attitude problems” apparently.

From 2023 -
https://www.manchestercity.news/little-boy-player-tipped-to-join-manchester-city-in-2024-now-criticised-for-his-attitude/

Apparently if their managers goes to Bayern they want Komps. Will be interesting!

Would like to see Komps with the Brighton squad, I think he could have them performing just as well but would the Munchens take a punt on De Zerbi? They'll be hurting to spunk the league so there will be a shit load more pressure on the new boss. Could end up a good move for both. I rate this Barco kid, nothing wrong with calling Cavani a lazy bastard in my eyes. Imagine the shit the kid would give Nunes in training each day....

Very true :lol: He does look good - wonder if he has a release clause. If not we’ll probably be talking about £60m+ after one season!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:34 am

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:

You’re usually correct with your takes, but I’m guessing this is fishing?

Kovacic started in both games against Arsenal this season - we didn’t play well in either.

Against your likes of Bournemouth, Brighton, Luton he’s okay to have in. Theres not been one “big” game that he’s played for us where we’ve been better for having him in the starting lineup, but happy to be corrected if you have examples? He started against Madrid away and got one of the lowest ratings for us.

Rico could play in his position and we wouldn’t notice a difference.

Madrid away would be one of my examples. He kept possession and allowed the others to play. They scored 2 lucky goals and a wonder goal.
Agree with you about Rico by the way but i'd put him in for Walker at the minute. i know he got 2 assists last night but he gave it away more in 1 game than Rico has in his career.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby MIAMCFC » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:48 am

I thought that was our best performance of the season. Rested and full of running. Walker
, if he sets up 2 I don’t t care if he loses the ball. I’m not sure why the need to dwell on it, the reward out weighs anything. Haaland can wait his turn.
It’s a squad game.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Outcast » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:35 am

Alvarez haters must be squirming. Do we prefer pressure up front or occupying defenders? One is a great scoring machine but useless when not in the game or marked out. One is very good at putting pressure up front, creating space and less pressure on the midfield and defenders, however not a great finisher. Haaland needs to work harder to rediscover his all round form.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:47 am

Outcast wrote:Alvarez haters must be squirming. Do we prefer pressure up front or occupying defenders? One is a great scoring machine but useless when not in the game or marked out. One is very good at putting pressure up front, creating space and less pressure on the midfield and defenders, however not a great finisher. Haaland needs to work harder to rediscover his all round form.

Its a nice problem to have. We can all see the differences in our game when we have Haaland in the team - or not. Said in the treble thread that Haaland cannot expect to start Sunday. He knows it after watching the overall team performance last night
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby MIAMCFC » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:51 am

salford city wrote:
Outcast wrote:Alvarez haters must be squirming. Do we prefer pressure up front or occupying defenders? One is a great scoring machine but useless when not in the game or marked out. One is very good at putting pressure up front, creating space and less pressure on the midfield and defenders, however not a great finisher. Haaland needs to work harder to rediscover his all round form.

Its a nice problem to have. We can all see the differences in our game when we have Haaland in the team - or not. Said in the treble thread that Haaland cannot expect to start Sunday. He knows it after watching the overall team performance last night

With 11 behind the ball Haaland can take his tracky for me we need patience as they will counterattack.
MIAMCFC

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:57 am

Imagine bringing on Haaland and Doku :lol: Poor Forest
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:15 am

What a very strange post to put in a city fans forum.

You think there's city fans squirming with hatred after alvarez scored?

Are you a bit tapped?

Bizarre
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Outcast » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:40 am

Original Dub wrote:

Are you a bit tapped?

Bizarre

You must be the forum moderator. Do you actually read previous posts? Maybe you should have before jumping my throat.

It's called freedom of expression, we're free to voice our thoughts, you don't have to read or agree with them.

You're starting to sound like a bunny boiler.

I'm sure your little gang will hold your hands and blindly agree with you
Outcast

Postby MIAMCFC » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:53 am

I have a Brighton fan in the wife’s family and tbf Mase, they know what they are but don’t want to do a Southampton.
MIAMCFC

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:55 am

Original Dub wrote:

Are you a bit tapped?

Bizarre

Mate, not being funny - but he’s just used your argument against Carl “not liking” Pep against you.

He could easily say to you every time you mention Carl “hating” Pep -

“What a very strange post to put in a city fans forum.

You think there's city fans squirming with hatred after Pep has won us the lot?

Are you a bit tapped?

Bizarre”

People have criticised Alvarez, Carl (and others) have criticised Pep. It’s a City forum.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

Not at all the same.

Carl blames everything on pep and has said he wants him out before.
He definitely does not like him at all.

I didn't see anyone hating alvarez.

But the bizarre part is suggesting any city fan was squirming with hatred after alvarez scored.

What a bellend
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Outcast » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 am

Original Dub wrote:Not at all the same.

Carl blames everything on pep and has said he wants him out before.
He definitely does not like him at all.

I didn't see anyone hating alvarez.

But the bizarre part is suggesting any city fan was squirming with hatred after alvarez scored.

What a bellend

You're full of shit, you should read your own bizzare posts. You're jumped in and criticised him just before he created a golden chance for Foden to score in the FA cup vs Chelsea. You proceeded to correct yourself to save face. Just shows you've jumped the bandwagon blindly or should I say followed the trend.

Are you a control freak at home too? How about I run my posts by you first before posting them on here seeing as you're the official moderator?

Fancy being lectured by a potato groomer!
Outcast

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:04 pm

i miss a fully fit sergio
he was much better than haaland and alvarez. combined.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:14 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:i miss a fully fit sergio

If we had to go back in time and pick a former striker for this team then 100% I’d go with Tevez. Would work his bollocks off and smash goals left and right in this team. I doubt Pep would be able to handle him doing fuck all in training though.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:34 pm

Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:i miss a fully fit sergio

If we had to go back in time and pick a former striker for this team then 100% I’d go with Tevez. Would work his bollocks off and smash goals left and right in this team. I doubt Pep would be able to handle him doing fuck all in training though.

It was the fucking off back to Argentina for months because he'd fallen out with Mancini that did me.
Brilliant on the pitch though but I'd still put Serg ahead of him.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum