KDB new contract

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: KDB new contract

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:59 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Mase wrote:Apart from Haaland, which recently signing was integral to us winning the treble?

Kind of hard to answer because every player involved in the treble was signed at different times pal

I agree that on the whole, over the years our transfers have been spot on and in some cases (Ederson, Dias and Alvarez) absolutely brilliant.

But some of the more recent ones have been questionable. We got rid of Palmer and brought in Nunes and Doku - neither as good. We brought in Phillips and got rid of Lavia - a downgrade. We let Gundo go and brought in Kova - downgrade.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: KDB new contract

Postby patrickblue » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:39 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:We should cash in this summer whilst we can still get bundles for him ....especially from Saudi where I reckon he will end up.
As Mase says , he is made of glass and it makes total financial sense that this season should be his last one for us.

Putting aside that he has clearly stated previously that he wants to finish his career with us, he isn't as thick as the other fucknuts chasing saudi cash, he has a young family that he dotes on and wouldn't drag them into the desert.

For what he's done for this club, I think we should allow him to decide his future, which i reckon will be either renew on City's terms (shorter contract), or head home to Belgium.

We've already let Gundo walk before he could have still done a job for us, let's not do it again.

This, totally.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum