KDB new contract

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

KDB new contract

Postby PeterParker » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:33 am

Some reports we postponed the talks.

Are we going to ship him in the summer? Are we mad?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: KDB new contract

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:13 am

He’s made of glass mate. Two finals cried off. Missed half this season.

The club are well within their rights to have a long think about this. I’d imagine we’ll offer him a new contract but it won’t be anywhere near what he’s on now.

The fact he’s STILL not retired from internationals is absolutely baffling for someone that’s constantly injured.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:38 am

We should cash in this summer whilst we can still get bundles for him ....especially from Saudi where I reckon he will end up.
As Mase says , he is made of glass and it makes total financial sense that this season should be his last one for us.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PeterParker » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:25 am

Yep, but this anyone out there at his level? With his class?

Can't think of anyone.
Last edited by PeterParker on Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:43 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:We should cash in this summer whilst we can still get bundles for him ....especially from Saudi where I reckon he will end up.
As Mase says , he is made of glass and it makes total financial sense that this season should be his last one for us.

Putting aside that he has clearly stated previously that he wants to finish his career with us, he isn't as thick as the other fucknuts chasing saudi cash, he has a young family that he dotes on and wouldn't drag them into the desert.

For what he's done for this club, I think we should allow him to decide his future, which i reckon will be either renew on City's terms (shorter contract), or head home to Belgium.

We've already let Gundo walk before he could have still done a job for us, let's not do it again.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:43 am

£100m if the rumours from Saudi are true

All things considered, age, injury susceptibility, salary I would sell for that money. With a year left on his contract he could go for nothing next summer. I don’t think KDB would run his contract down like that but what if he got a serious injury next season?

He is probably thinking his next contract is his last one so he’d probably want 3/4 years. And I honestly doubt his body could take the rigours of the PL when he’s 35/36. And he’d want 400k a week I’ll bet. Which is fine now, but not necessarily in 2 years. We could have a high earner who is missing more and more games through niggles and injuries who star on the pitch is waning too. Not dissimilar to the situation the rags find themselves in with Casemiro or Arsenal with Ozil.

Equally as his game isn’t based on pace he could still be a great player for us for another 3 years.

But for me, Foden is an obvious ready made replacement in his role so that sways the sell argument IMO
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Outcast » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:44 am

PeterParker wrote:Yep, but this anyone out there at his level? With his class?

Can't think of anyone.

Wirtz?

Explains why Pep has been experimenting this season? Too soon to get rid, not enough winners in this side.

If we are flogging him, I'd go big; Wirtz and Musiala.

Imagine Foden, Musiala and Wirtz dynamo.

While we are at it, flog Nunes and Phillips

We need stop fekking wasting money on b listers and go all out for A* listers.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby mr_nool » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:30 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:We should cash in this summer whilst we can still get bundles for him ....especially from Saudi where I reckon he will end up.

I don't think he's got the right completion for Saudi Arabia.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Nick » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:31 am

From.a business sense yes. But we don't need it.

I'd keep at all costs tbh. We'd only replace him with some muppet from wolves or west ham..
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:39 am

CTID Hants wrote:

Putting aside that he has clearly stated previously that he wants to finish his career with us, he isn't as thick as the other fucknuts chasing saudi cash, he has a young family that he dotes on and wouldn't drag them into the desert.

For what he's done for this club, I think we should allow him to decide his future, which i reckon will be either renew on City's terms (shorter contract), or head home to Belgium.

We've already let Gundo walk before he could have still done a job for us, let's not do it again.

Sorry CTID Hants but all this sentimental BS is exactly that , BS.
We pay these kind of players 350 K plus per week but when it comes to possibly selling him we should then adopt a 'but look at what hes done for this club' and allow him to dictate terms ???.........how about the fact that we have made him the highest paid player in the premiership, in his position, and given him all the tools he needs in his personal life and professional life to succeed !

Fuck being sentimental..its a business and we should cash in..100%.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:40 am

mr_nool wrote:

I don't think he's got the right completion for Saudi Arabia.

Factor 50 and wear a hat.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:41 am

Nick wrote:From.a business sense yes. But we don't need it.

I'd keep at all costs tbh. We'd only replace him with some muppet from wolves or west ham..

Of course we need it ! every fuckign club needs incoming revenue from player sales.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:52 am

Nick wrote:

I wish that wasn’t true, but it is :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:32 pm

But Carl the rules are changing and we seem ok with spunking big fees on bit part players. We also went big for rice and Bellingham
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:38 pm

Nick wrote:But Carl the rules are changing and we seem ok with spunking big fees on bit part players. We also went big for rice and Bellingham

The fact we offered £90+ million for Rice and then dropped out over £10m makes me think we have someone big lined up for this summer.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:52 pm

The thing is, injury prone like he is, he came back after being out 4 months and looked better like everyone on his position in the world. When he is up to it, he is unplayable.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Vantage » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:15 pm

I hope he will manage us one day. He’s not up to week in week out high tempo football but when he is fully fit he is a game changer. If he’s keep it will be as super-sub / CL player.

He’s been well paid but we’ve had value for that too. Whatever happens I will be sad to see him leave and would love to see him stay.
Have you seen my bongos?
Vantage
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Paul Lake

Postby blues2win » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:37 pm

I would hate to see us lose Bernie and Kevin in the same widow.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby blues2win » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:46 pm

Pep says Kevin ‘played with problems’ against Liverpool. May have been a factor in him being hauled off.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:58 pm

Kevin at 10percent is better than any of the alternatives currently at the club which is a reflection on our poor recruitment.

We cant afford to lose him this summer with gundo gone last and bernie likely off we need him to stay.

And as someone mentioned we would prob waste the 100m on some shitehawk from palace or wolves or west ham
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum