***Dippers v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Dippers v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Postby Nick » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:44 pm

Great so arsenal have a two week break before playing us ?

He shoe horned alvarez in because he's came on from the bench and changed it last week
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Blue Jam » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:56 pm

gaudy wrote:Absolutely shit ourselves against them again.
How we got a draw I'll never know and even more surprised they didn't jump at the chance to give them the two penalty calls

I hate to admit it, but the atmosphere at Anfield is like a 12th man, even the match officials get intimidated by it, which would add to any external influences on bias.

But, we were shit in 2nd half, slightly underwhelming in 1st.

We're still in the race but are depending on luck now. We've thrown control away today.
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Goater

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:57 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Bear60 wrote:Still fucking hate them but fair play they made City shit themselves . Will we ever win there in front of the inbreds?

I was a bit shocked how well they played. Some credit is due and to our people, the ones who didn't fuck up.

Special mention for Ortega

If Dokus shot, or the one that hit Foden on the head, had gone in - different result

I'm not so sure they played well. We give them the ball in midfield going forward and they have the time to play long passes splitting the defense. They had time, we gave the ball aways too easily. great defending today.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:12 pm

shit second half having been decent, expect for alvarez, in the first
i’d be fuming if i was a dipper, any other minute and that doku moment of madness is a penalty
very lucky to escape with a point in the end
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Outcast » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:18 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:shit second half having been decent, expect for alvarez, in the first
i’d be fuming if i was a dipper, any other minute and that moment of madness is a penalty

What's with Alvarez obsession? Do you you call his name in your sleep?

He's a top striker, not a midfielder or a winge. It's not his fault Pep plays him out of position. Imagine playing Haaland in Roderi's position and asking him to adapt!
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:19 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:shit second half having been decent, expect for alvarez, in the first
i’d be fuming if i was a dipper, any other minute and that moment of madness is a penalty

Doku didn't show his studs, he was first to the ball in a battle of midgets .

Mac A ran into him ,even clutched the wrong part of his chest . Doku didn't hit him , he hit Doku.

Also Mac A was very , very lucky throughtout the match not to get carded. Brilliant the way Bernie bolted him off.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby mr_nool » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:33 pm

Blue Jam wrote:
gaudy wrote:Absolutely shit ourselves against them again.
How we got a draw I'll never know and even more surprised they didn't jump at the chance to give them the two penalty calls

I hate to admit it, but the atmosphere at Anfield is like a 12th man, even the match officials get intimidated by it, which would add to any external influences on bias.

But, we were shit in 2nd half, slightly underwhelming in 1st.

We're still in the race but are depending on luck now. We've thrown control away today.

It's no different to City. I've been to Anfield for middle of the run fixtures, and the place's fucking dead (unless something out of the ordinary happens). All fans get up for big games though. City, Scouse, even Old Toilet.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby salford city » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:41 pm

I will say it again we shat our pants . Fucking sick of this nonsense cowards
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:41 pm

Outcast wrote:

What's with Alvarez obsession? Do you you call his name in your sleep?

He's a top striker, not a midfielder or a winge. It's not his fault Pep plays him out of position. Imagine playing Haaland in Roderi's position and asking him to adapt!

he was abysmal today
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:42 pm

zuricity wrote:

Mac A ran into him ,even clutched the wrong part of his chest . Doku didn't hit him , he hit Doku.

Also Mac A was very , very lucky throughtout the match not to get carded. Brilliant the way Bernie bolted him off.

the other way round, we’d all be screaming for penalty.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:48 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
zuricity wrote:

i wouldn't . too many babies around and sick of commentators coming out with crap. Even the commentators on my stream thought mac A made a meal of it. Also Salad for diving a little earlier. They are Scouse dyed in the wool commentators.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:51 pm

zuricity wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
zuricity wrote:

i wouldn't . too many babies around and sick of commentators coming out with crap. Even the commentators on my stream thought mac A made a meal of it. Also Salad for diving a little earlier. They are Scouse dyed in the wool commentators.

if that was one of ours being challenged like that in the last minute and we didn’t get a penalty, this place would be going mental
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Outcast » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:05 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
zuricity wrote:

if that was one of ours being challenged like that in the last minute and we didn’t get a penalty, this place would be going mental

Zuricity will be harping on about referees for months
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby s1ty m » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:14 pm

Nick wrote:Great so arsenal have a two week break before playing us ?

He shoe horned alvarez in because he's came on from the bench and changed it last week

Not good for their rythym. Perhaps.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:02 pm

Outcast wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
zuricity wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Zuricity will be harping on about referees for months

No I would not and if you read what is written i meant i would not be expecting a foul being called FOR City and therefore a penalty if the roles were reversed. Doku did not have his studs raised like Mane did when he took out Ed. His foot was high but he actually got the ball. Btw I thought Akanji had a good game today, even though i don't care much for him. his passing was much better than Rodri's Walker's , even Kdb today.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:08 pm

Are we just going to sweep under the carpet just how SHIT pep was today with his change sin defense , his timing of his subs and his choice of subs !!! ?

How many fuckign times this season has he fucked around with the defense ? how many times has he been utter shit when it comes to making tactical changes when its fuckign screamingly obvious we need a change..........I love Alvarez but he should have been taken off LATEST at half time.

Today PeP gets 3 out of 10 for his wank performance.and I'm being fuckign generous giving him a 3 !!

Not beaten a top 5 team this season and we can see why.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:14 pm

I agree.

Pep should have brought on kovacic for Alvarez. In saying that, his subs worked. Hitting the woodwork twice and foden not squaring it to haaland - that all happened in the second half when we were shit so it's fine margins again.

I think Liverpool have maybe beaten one top 5 side? Maybe arsenal are similar?

Anyway one point off the top is fine. If we're the same at the start of April, I'll be chuffed.

There's a reason we're favourites to win the league right now
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby PeterParker » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:16 pm

I refused to see the game live, I usually do that when we play the murdering cunts in their home, but just seen the hightlights and a couple of things.

1. Sky muted our fans when Stones scored. You can hear only the boos.
2. Play a constant back four and I will give you in writing we are going to win the titles.
3. We are favorites, but it's critical to beat Arse and Spuds. Scouse will slip at some point, same like they did in 2022 and 2019. The are a sprint team, not a marathon and if we don't fuck up and still be there our pressure will get to them.
4. What Ake and Ederson did in the 46 minute is a joke. Both of them should sit out a few games. A lack of concentration at this level is something you cannot do.
5. Only in england you get someone like Carragher to commentate a game like this and shouts: let the chaos begin.

There is a tremendous worry that we are still so piss poor emotionally at times and we shit our bed playing these cunts.

In the end, fuck you Kloppo can't wait to see the end of your fucking back you cunt.

PS: Bernie going to that diving cunt Salah at the end and telling him to get up is a thing of beauty. Walker was calling the cunt "Mo".
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:28 pm

We cannot let the goalie leave - hes a better shot stopper than Ederson IMO and he kept us in the game today .

Hats off to him , we drew today thanks to him.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:37 pm

PeterParker wrote:I refused to see the game live, I usually do that when we play the murdering cunts in their home, but just seen the hightlights and a couple of things.

1. Sky muted our fans when Stones scored. You can hear only the boos.
2. Play a constant back four and I will give you in writing we are going to win the titles.
3. We are favorites, but it's critical to beat Arse and Spuds. Scouse will slip at some point, same like they did in 2022 and 2019. The are a sprint team, not a marathon and if we don't fuck up and still be there our pressure will get to them.
4. What Ake and Ederson did in the 46 minute is a joke. Both of them should sit out a few games. A lack of concentration at this level is something you cannot do.
5. Only in england you get someone like Carragher to commentate a game like this and shouts: let the chaos begin.

There is a tremendous worry that we are still so piss poor emotionally at times and we shit our bed playing these cunts.

In the end, fuck you Kloppo can't wait to see the end of your fucking back you cunt.

PS: Bernie going to that diving cunt Salah at the end and telling him to get up is a thing of beauty. Walker was calling the cunt "Mo".

It was Neville who came out with the "Let the chaos begin" comment.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum