View from the Away End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

View from the Away End

Postby CuteMancs » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:44 am

As I have said on here every time we face the rags, I hate this game. I’m not going to relax today until we have at least three goals. At least we are not in the same state as the away fans. Reading through their forum is comedy gold these days. So today is not about the three points, its about finally scoring 10.

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Andy Madley
Assistants: Ian Hussin, Nick Hopton
Fourth official: Darren England
VAR: Stuart Attwell
Assistant VAR: Lee Betts

Team Selection

Onana
Dalot - Evans - Varane - Lindelof
Casemiro - Mainoo
Garnacho - Bruno - Rashford
McTominay

And the rest…

Lord have mercy.

Best we can hope for is Pep shows mercy and doesn't make our GD situation much worse than it is. Score 2-3, then pass the ball around.

We're going to get battered aren't we.

This is not going to be fun. At least the inevitable loss will mean Liverpool won't run away with it.

Lube yourselves up United players.

I'll believe we can pull off a win until Haaland scores. Probably in minute 7 or something.

Honestly never been more convinced of a hammering in a Derby than this. It could be really ugly.

Easy win, 1:3 United. Also, every time Caf goes into full Doom and gloom mode, predicting 10:0 trashing, total opposite happens.

There's no lineup or tactical solution that will help, we are doomed.

With Arsenal playing like they are, Pep may have an eye on gd.

Can only hope we catch them on a bad day, as if we defend like we have today we’re going to get our cheeks parted and multiple fists inserted.

Eriks first real test.

Predicting a draw - does nothing for us, strengthens Liverpool's grip on the Premier League trophy; seems about right for this bastard season.

If we are as open as we have been all season then it could be 6-0. Park the bus Jose style.

Expecting a similar performance to the one at Anfield, very pragmatic and try and hit the team on the counter. Got no expectations but I don't think the team will get steam rolled because it won't be the system the manager has expressed all season it will be a reserved approach.

City are not as fluid as previous seasons. Will be a close game.

Just as Halaand is getting back to his usual form we have to play them with no Martinez and no Shaw and with no decent goal scorer.
We are about to be fecked. I’ll be relieved if it’s only 3-0.

Don't think we'll get a thrashing, but I expect it'll be a very comfortable 2-0 win for city.

Looking at the players we'll have available for this, I don't know what we'll be able to do. If we could swap squads with Luton for the day I would take it!

Need to kick them off the park (literally or figuratively). Just play disruptive football and try to draw or get a narrow win.

Negative; 6-0 in coming with Maguire to aid them with at least 3 goals, Varane to go off injured after 10mins, Onana Howler incoming, Casemiro red card, Lindëlof looking out of his depth.

The depressing thing is, when the tables were turned ie we were the best team in Europe and City were nowhere, in derby games they were always were competitive and close games. But it appears that we get totally dominated now and only have a 'punchers chance' of catching them on the break and maybe pinching a chance to score!

We can and we will beat them tomorrow. We've been in worse situations before and we've found a way to beat them.

8-0 is a possibility.

Did we get thrashed yet?

TEN HAG OUT!!!!

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: View from the Away End

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:25 am

Cheers CM

Lovely to read the doom and gloom

The depressing thing is, when the tables were turned ie we were the best team in Europe and City were nowhere, in derby games they were always were competitive and close games. But it appears that we get totally dominated now and only have a 'punchers chance' of catching them on the break and maybe pinching a chance to score!

Very true!
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:36 am

Really look forward to 'Views' CM - choice stuff :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john@staustell » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:56 am

nottsblue wrote:Cheers CM

Lovely to read the doom and gloom

Very true!

They've still taken too many punchers chances in recent years for my liking
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum