Carabao lesser of two evils thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Carabao lesser of two evils thread

Postby stupot » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:24 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
hayling22 wrote:.It's about US not them...

We are not going to get away with missing numerous chances and scraping 1-0 wins every other week as, sooner or later, that luck will run dry.

Arsenal and Dippers are scoring for fun...no matter who they play.

It's not " no matter who they play".
Dippers scored 1 in the last minute of extra time yesterday. Arse never looked like scoring at Porto in midweek.
The 1-0s aren't ideal and horrendous to watch the last 20 minutes but i would rather we had 1-0s instead of the 4-4 at Chelsea and 3-3 and 2-2 home draws against Spurs and Palace.
I think like others have said we are waiting to bring the big guns back in a massive March for us.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:56 am

stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

We are not going to get away with missing numerous chances and scraping 1-0 wins every other week as, sooner or later, that luck will run dry.

Dippers scored 1 in the last minute of extra time yesterday. Arse never looked like scoring at Porto in midweek.
The 1-0s aren't ideal and horrendous to watch the last 20 minutes but i would rather we had 1-0s instead of the 4-4 at Chelsea and 3-3 and 2-2 home draws against Spurs and Palace.
I think like others have said we are waiting to bring the big guns back in a massive March for us.

Can’t really compare that Liverpool team yesterday to the one they’ve been using for league games. It was their second team.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby stupot » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:06 am

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Can’t really compare that Liverpool team yesterday to the one they’ve been using for league games. It was their second team.

They were missing a few but we've got Kev and Jack ready to come back as well. We looked brilliant with them before Jack went off injured in the CL last time they played together.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:42 am

stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

You mentioned Liverpool's second string youngsters from yesterdays game and Arsenals one game against Porto to justify your point?

Zero mention of previous games they have played banging in goals left right and center :lol:

My point stands.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby stupot » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:15 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

You mentioned Liverpool's second string youngsters from yesterdays game and Arsenals one game against Porto to justify your point?

Zero mention of previous games they have played banging in goals left right and center :lol:

My point stands.

No- you said no matter who they play and mentioned our 1-0 wins every other week when in fact it's the last 2 games.
PL Goals so far. Dippers 63, Arsenal 62, City 59. Hardly a major difference.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:48 am

stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

My point stands.

No- you said no matter who they play and mentioned our 1-0 wins every other week when in fact it's the last 2 games.

We were ahead of them both 5 games ago and my point WAS if we cannot convert the million chances we get over the next few games and them 2 CONTINUE to bang them in then we can say goodbye to winning the prem on goal difference .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:58 am

Whatever about the nuts and bolts of it, one thing is clear if were going to do 4P, we need to up the ante, big time.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:43 pm

Mase wrote:Just noticed this thread.

Thought I'd better try and divert it from the "PL games......."
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:15 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:Just noticed this thread.

Thought I'd better try and divert it from the "PL games......."

Aye. Once a match starts I usually just keep the thread open and refresh it, hence I only spotted this one part way through the first half.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Indianablue » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:51 pm

[quote="nottsblue"]According to the BBC Klopp led a city with a team of boys.

Unfuckingbelievable[/quote

A few Chelsea fans have debunked this . Average age of Chelsea team a couple of years younger than Liverpool both at the start and those on the pitch at the end.

A Talkshite presented batted that away by agreeing Chelsea had the younger players but they were more experienced? Honestly the wanking over Klopps achievements and how fucking great he is as a man is sickening. Plenty going to be given to him to ensure his last season with the murderers is a fairy tale ending
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Indianablue » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:57 pm

stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

My point stands.

No but we ship more goals. we all know that we are not converting our chances in front of goal, our success rate is below par, our defence is giving fans heart attacks and we are well down on goal difference. Our superior goal difference from a few matches ago has been caught and over taken. Worryingly, team we struggle to score many against have been well and truly stuffed by others
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby zuricity » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:55 pm

Indianablue wrote:
stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:.It's about US not them...

My point stands.

No but we ship more goals. we all know that we are not converting our chances in front of goal, our success rate is below par, our defence is giving fans heart attacks and we are well down on goal difference. Our superior goal difference from a few matches ago has been caught and over taken. Worryingly, team we struggle to score many against have been well and truly stuffed by others

Did anyone happen to see the Scouse2 Luton game ? The Arse Luton game ?

Luton did not play eleven in their own area against either of them, Luton were damn unlucky with a very , very late goal against the Arse.

Burnley had a go against both of them.

A perfectly clean goal disallowed again Scouse - we would be two points ahead tonight. Arse goal against use deflected wasn't it ? (iirc).

Luton drop into the bottom three now and have injuries. It wouldn't surprise me if the want to bottle it tomorrow night.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum