***Bournemouth v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Bournemouth v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:01 pm

Truth is, we've got progressively worse with each of the last three games, time to stop the rot on Tuesday in the cup and start getting better.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carolina-blue » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:02 pm

patrickblue wrote:Made hard work of that

But

Never felt more like singin' the blues
City win, United lose
Oh City

This all day well said that man
onwards and upwards Blues
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:03 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:Haaland buries that sitter first half this would have been a much different game.

Happened way too many times with him this season.

One gets the feeling he has one Eye on Madrid going through the motions.It wont do.

What a stupid thing to say.

Nothing stupid about it at all.
His OPTA stats support the fact he is playing nowhere near as well as he was last season.

Currently he is little more than a passenger in this side..Hence why he was Subbed today

His all round contribution to our game play other than scoring is crap.. He has missed a lot of sitters this season.

Something is different.Last Season he was breaking his Kneck to get on the end of crosses.Today i watched him half arsed trying to get tere..

It's because of him we scored and won.

It's because of him we won against brentford.
It's because of him we beat Everton.

That's nine fucking points pal. And you think he wants to leave.

Yes, he has missed a lot of chances this season.

But he's the top scorer in the entire league so the the others must all want to leave as well then.
whats with the passive aggression. Grow up ffs you Tit.

Passive aggression?? All I read are facts in response to your irrational outburst.

Are you due a double knee replacement, having worn yours out through reaction? (Sorry if you think that passive aggressive, it's NOT).

Opta isn't the be all and end all, maybe indicative but last season he didn't spend 2 months out..... how many games has been back for, do you look his face of frustration on his face when he misses?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:08 pm

We're going through a shit form patch and we have since late November. We came back from the world cup and we've won all but one and we've been treading water the whole time. But here's the thing, we've put some serious points on the board when we aren't even in to our rhythm yet. We're like this every season, we start our run in with shit form but grind out results, we then start playing as the big games start lining up. Patience lads.

Tonight, we did well but slacked off second half. Some of our subs upset out play. Doku was not the call, either keep nunes on or it should have been Jack. Haaland coming off was probably precautionary but we lose a fear factor when he goes off as well as his ability to hold up the ball so when Julian came in, the ball bounced off him and Bournemouth regained possession. I really wish he'd fix that, football intelligence of a school boy sometimes that lad.

Stones is just pure fucking rolls Royce. Motm for me.

A clean sheet and 3 points away from home. If we can get a result at Kenilworth road then great. But I am supremely confident that the rags are going to get a 3 or 4 goal leathering and we storm through March in scintillating form.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:19 pm

Dias and Stones start two games in a row together, two clean sheets.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby branny » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:35 pm

PeterParker wrote:Dias and Stones start two games in a row together, two clean sheets.

That today was more down to Bournemouth not being able to finish their dinner than our defending.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby nottsblue » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:35 pm

PeterParker wrote:Dias and Stones start two games in a row together, two clean sheets.

Hopefully this hasn’t gone unnoticed by Pep and his team. It sounds so obvious yet it somehow doesn’t happen regularly enough
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:05 pm

One things for sure next season - we need to have a miles better summer this year than last.

The players we’ve signed are either players that might grow into good players or young players that will hopefully develop.

We need some quality experience for games like this where we need to rest the likes of Kev.

We’d have done well signing Douglas Luiz back instead of either Nunes or Kovacic.

Hopefully a better summer this year.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nickyboy » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:11 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Our conversion rate must be among the poorest in the PL

All teams are shite at corners. Only 2-4% result in goals.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blues2win » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:18 am

Pep stressing that fatigue played a big part yesterday. Bournemouth had a whole week to prepare. City had three days. We have to get rid of this notion of first 11s playing all the time. Can’t be done. I wouldn’t be shocked if we went out against Luton. We’ll have to play a weakened team that’s for sure. Dias said he vomited at the start of the second half. Lewis and Bobb will surely start against Luton. I’d rest Haaland and start Alvarez. Will Pep risk Kevin? The Derby’s more important. Then there’s Liverpool then Arsenal. Same with the Copenhagen match.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:35 am

blues2win wrote:Pep stressing that fatigue played a big part yesterday. Bournemouth had a whole week to prepare. City had three days. We have to get rid of this notion of first 11s playing all the time. Can’t be done. I wouldn’t be shocked if we went out against Luton. We’ll have to play a weakened team that’s for sure. Dias said he vomited at the start of the second half. Lewis and Bobb will surely start against Luton. I’d rest Haaland and start Alvarez. Will Pep risk Kevin? The Derby’s more important. Then there’s Liverpool then Arsenal. Same with the Copenhagen match.

I think u are right. We will likely go out to luton unless they too play their reserves given they might want to concentrate on the league. Can see us going

Ortega
Walker akanje dias lewis
Kovacic nunes
Bobb x(maybe grealish) doku
Alvarez

Sergio gonez might even get a game.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:58 am

blues2win wrote:Pep stressing that fatigue played a big part yesterday. Bournemouth had a whole week to prepare. City had three days. We have to get rid of this notion of first 11s playing all the time. Can’t be done. I wouldn’t be shocked if we went out against Luton. We’ll have to play a weakened team that’s for sure. Dias said he vomited at the start of the second half. Lewis and Bobb will surely start against Luton. I’d rest Haaland and start Alvarez. Will Pep risk Kevin? The Derby’s more important. Then there’s Liverpool then Arsenal. Same with the Copenhagen match.

Liverpool play their first 11 every game. So do Arsenal

The problem is we didn’t plan well last summer and brought in players that won’t challenge our first 11.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:01 am

Was telling yesterday, with Pep.

Nunes went to put a ball in the box and just ballooned it way wide and over - Pep took him off straight after.

Haaland missed another chance - Pep took him off straight after.

I think Pep was in one of those ‘not fuckin around’ moods.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:16 am

Luton arent playing this weekend so they get a full week between games. As has been suggested they may play a weakened team because of their League position.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:13 pm

blues2win wrote:Luton arent playing this weekend so they get a full week between games. As has been suggested they may play a weakened team because of their League position.
got beat by the dippers midweek, so get an extra 2 days rest.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:45 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
blues2win wrote:Luton arent playing this weekend so they get a full week between games. As has been suggested they may play a weakened team because of their League position.
got beat by the dippers midweek, so get an extra 2 days rest.

They will need the two days because they have key players now missing on tuesday.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Blue Jam » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:03 pm

So after the last 3 games, anyone else feeling like the decent run that began at Goodison a) was not that good and b) is now over?

I dead worried about March.
Not convinced we'll win at Kenilworth Road either.
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Goater

Postby salford city » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:13 pm

[quote="Blue Jam"]So after the last 3 games, anyone else feeling like the decent run that began at Goodison a) was not that good and b) is now over?

I dead worried about March.
Not convinced we'll win at Kenilworth Road either.[/quote

It's clear that we are playing within ourselves as a combination of getting our big guns back and managing game time ahead of what will be a big month of March. Great to see Grealish back as he starts in our best 11. Tuesday will show us whether we have the desire to defend a trophy and I'm expecting the answer to be yes setting us up for those cunts on Sunday
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:35 pm

Fatigue :lol:

Professional athletes that have access to free NAD+ drips and other similar stuff. They shouldn’t be moaning about fatigue just from two-three games a week!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:07 pm

Mase wrote:Fatigue :lol:

Professional athletes that have access to free NAD+ drips and other similar stuff. They shouldn’t be moaning about fatigue just from two-three games a week!

Was talking about this with a mate of mine who used to play semi pro rugby. These days, football players at the highest level are desinged to perform for 90+ minutes and nothing more. You won't see many running marathons or doing endurance events. They are finely tuned and the slightest knock can lead to them being sidelined. With the increase in medical data, this is leading to medical teams having a say in the team selection. Im sure there are some on here who have played at a decent level on a Saturday and again sunday whilst holding down a full time job who will laugh at fatigue as much as I do - poor lambs
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum