***Treble Winners v Brentford Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Brentford Official Match Thread***

Postby Original Dub » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:58 am

I sent a message last night in a WhatsApp group and it was nearly word for word what you just said above mase.

The linesman was lightening quick on walker's offside (which must have been impossible to see in real time) but couldn't see brentfor a yard offside 3 times in a row.

Football is a "funny" old game
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:03 am

I think someone at City needs to ask the question to the authorities or point it out in an interview so that there’s a spotlight on it and it puts pressure on them to stop doing it.

Almost always, even when the opposition player is a good 3 yards offside, the flag will stay down for them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:40 am

Heard Haaland lost his gran last week so might be a cause of why he was below par v Chelsea
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby salford city » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:44 am

Mase wrote:I think someone at City needs to ask the question to the authorities or point it out in an interview so that there’s a spotlight on it and it puts pressure on them to stop doing it.

Almost always, even when the opposition player is a good 3 yards offside, the flag will stay down for them.

I'm sick to death of this new innovation against us in particular. Stop the play and give the opposition the ball when we are attacking but play on until Edders invariably comes out and clatters the opponent when it's the other way around. Did i remember Eddie getting booked at Brighton (?) last season never mind the two injuries we've sustained this season as a result. All a cleverly contrived way of affecting our game
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby PeterParker » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:53 am

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:I think someone at City needs to ask the question to the authorities or point it out in an interview so that there’s a spotlight on it and it puts pressure on them to stop doing it.

I'm sick to death of this new innovation against us in particular. Stop the play and give the opposition the ball when we are attacking but play on until Edders invariably comes out and clatters the opponent when it's the other way around. Did i remember Eddie getting booked at Brighton (?) last season never mind the two injuries we've sustained this season as a result. All a cleverly contrived way of affecting our game

I will add another one to this and what I've said earlier:

VAR decision in key moments for us and they will find the only camera angle filmed by a snuff movie enthusiast using the first JVC camera. They will also call the ref to the sideline to look at that and will have problems showing it properly and fluently.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby stupot » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:33 am

Johnny Stones brought a touch of class last night as he links the defence and midfield role superbly. Akanji was very good as he wasn't playing that role and was back to what he's good at. Shout out to Kova as well in those last few minutes which were horrible as most people were giving it away for fun and he was about the only one keeping it and buying us time.
If we're playing a full back as a right winger it can't be Walker who can't cross the ball at all and stops any momentum. Time for Rico to get a game who's a much more intelligent footballer.
Keep hearing that Bernardo plays better without Kev, not last night he didn't and surely time to take Alvarez out of the midfield.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby salford city » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:49 am

stupot wrote:Johnny Stones brought a touch of class last night as he links the defence and midfield role superbly. Akanji was very good as he wasn't playing that role and was back to what he's good at. Shout out to Kova as well in those last few minutes which were horrible as most people were giving it away for fun and he was about the only one keeping it and buying us time.
If we're playing a full back as a right winger it can't be Walker who can't cross the ball at all and stops any momentum. Time for Rico to get a game who's a much more intelligent footballer.
Keep hearing that Bernardo plays better without Kev, not last night he didn't and surely time to take Alvarez out of the midfield.

Agree entirely re Rico but Walker is captain and no way is he missing many games. Last night we had walker on one side and akanji on the other - neither of them can cross a ball for toffee. Akanji played well but we surely must get a fucking left back this summer who fits our model its embarrassing
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:06 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:prediction:
70% possession
900+ passes
30 attempts on goal
and guaranteed that brentford will score

final match stats
70% possession
712 passes
25 attempts on goal
thankfully brentford didn't score

the "death by a thousand cuts" style of play we now have is very frustrating to watch. there was a moment last night where we were breaking with doku, they'd committed men forward so he had space and support... he sprinted about 10 yards before turning and playing a ball back and we started our walking football again. does my head in.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby sheblue » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:26 am

There are a number of issues pep needs to deal with.
For me Alvarez at midfield is a key issue, I just don't think it's working well enough. He's a striker a finisher not a creator who can operate in very tight spaces. Would Pep ask Aguero or even Haaland to play in that position, don't think so. It's tough because he walks into any other team in their league as a striker.
Pushing Foden to the flank to accommodate this is also a problem. It's clear he is wasted.wide, yet it persists.
Right back has become an issue as Walker has dropped off, and probably will continue to do so.

These issues need sorting.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:31 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Nick wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Would have suffered like the rest of you if I'd managed to find a stream - ignoring my cry for help was probably a kindness,

Pm me if you want firestick help. I pay 40 a year fot the football

These are definitely worth it and saves you paying any money to the red top wankers.

I think I’ve got every channel on earth, for a measly sum.
thanks chaps, I think the rest of our fixtures this season are all live on SKY & TNT which we currently pay for. If there are others not covered I'll follow your advice and certainly will review my arrangements for next season.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:53 pm

The highlights from my Cityzens account, thought some might be interested:

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/mens/man ... _brentford
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby blues2win » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:44 pm

The excellent pass from Alvarez to Haaland has been mentioned but was it Rodri threaded a needle for a great pass to Alvarez.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:03 pm

blues2win wrote:The excellent pass from Alvarez to Haaland has been mentioned but was it Rodri threaded a needle for a great pass to Alvarez.

I thought Alvarez’s pass was way off and Haaland had to stretch for it. Will have to watch it again.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:30 pm

Way off is unfair. You can say it wasn’t perfect but Haaland’s first touch wasn’t perfect either. My main point was about Rodri’s excellent threading the needle line breaking pass to Alvarez.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:26 pm

Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:The excellent pass from Alvarez to Haaland has been mentioned but was it Rodri threaded a needle for a great pass to Alvarez.

I thought Alvarez’s pass was way off and Haaland had to stretch for it. Will have to watch it again.

I’ll leave grealish alone if you leave my Alvarez alone !

Deal ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:29 pm

John Stones got booked last night…that was his first ever yellow at the Etihad in 125 appearances
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby zuricity » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:36 pm

Mase wrote:

To be fair Mase he had to move it quickly to get Erling in for a run on goal. Also it looked like it was stuck undr him .

The irony is that we did it on the break after 30 seconds of pressure from the Bees.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby ayrshireblue » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:48 pm

I'd move Alvarez to the right wide position, Foden in the middle and Lewis at right back. If Walker spent half the time getting better at crossing that he does shagging stupid bints then he'd probably be half decent at it by now.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:06 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:I'd move Alvarez to the right wide position, Foden in the middle and Lewis at right back. If Walker spent half the time getting better at crossing that he does shagging stupid bints then he'd probably be half decent at it by now.

That’s spot on. Foden is better in the centre and Alvarez up top but right still means he’s involved in the attack.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:

I’ll leave grealish alone if you leave my Alvarez alone !

Deal ?

:lol: deal
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum