***Treble Winners v Brentford Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Brentford Official Match Thread***

Postby zuricity » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:02 pm

Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:The excellent pass from Alvarez to Haaland has been mentioned but was it Rodri threaded a needle for a great pass to Alvarez.

I thought Alvarez’s pass was way off and Haaland had to stretch for it. Will have to watch it again.

Actually, just watched it on the City website - highlights . Pass to Haarland was really good and with the pace on the ball Erling was able to take advantage and go passed the defender. Not way off at all.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:43 pm

zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:The excellent pass from Alvarez to Haaland has been mentioned but was it Rodri threaded a needle for a great pass to Alvarez.

I thought Alvarez’s pass was way off and Haaland had to stretch for it. Will have to watch it again.

Actually, just watched it on the City website - highlights . Pass to Haarland was really good and with the pace on the ball Erling was able to take advantage and go passed the defender. Not way off at all.

Just watched it again, correct his pass wasn’t way off as I initially thought. It was Haaland’s touch that made me think that. It was just a standard 10 yard pass though. Making out it was a De Bruyne on a plate in the box.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Indianablue » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:14 pm

Said last night that Walker would clatter That Brentford windup twat. Took him 13 minutes to hack him down, receive a yellow and give away a freekick lobbed into the penalty area. That in a nutshell is why WLker should not be our captain
Predictable
Stupid
Childish
Puts himself before the team

He did a couple of good cutbacks last night, one for Silva, he should have scored, the other for Haalands second ruled offside , a close call. The rest of the night he struggled to get the ball across. Last season for me but i feel Lewis should be given more time as his replacement
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:14 pm

Indianablue wrote:Said last night that Walker would clatter That Brentford windup twat. Took him 13 minutes to hack him down, receive a yellow and give away a freekick lobbed into the penalty area. That in a nutshell is why WLker should not be our captain
Predictable
Stupid
Childish
Puts himself before the team

He did a couple of good cutbacks last night, one for Silva, he should have scored, the other for Haalands second ruled offside , a close call. The rest of the night he struggled to get the ball across. Last season for me but i feel Lewis should be given more time as his replacement

My only concern with Lewis is his build and getting bullied off the ball, he could do with Micah Richards taking him down the Gym.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby zuricity » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:18 am

Mase wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:

Just watched it again, correct his pass wasn’t way off as I initially thought. It was Haaland’s touch that made me think that. It was just a standard 10 yard pass though. Making out it was a De Bruyne on a plate in the box.

It was the speed of movement from Rodri to Alvarez to Haarland that made is a great move and superb finish.

For Haarland it shows he is a brilliant striker, he is very ,very patient , he knows he will only get bits and pieces to feed off. he was a bit annoyed at Foden towards the end as he tried to round the keeper when a possible pass to Erling was on for a tap in.

Haarlend gets man handled at corners , marked , or surrounded by players all the time. In the scouse game last night , Luton played with a back four, not a back six as Brentford did and actually had strikers up the pitch. That won't happen on Tuesday in the Fa Cup
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:44 am

I can see the kids being out on Tuesday with Nunes and Kova. We’ve got the Rags followed by CL second leg and then Liverpool. Big few weeks coming up.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues2win » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:35 am

At least with the CL second leg we’re almost there.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby stupot » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:52 am

blues2win wrote:At least with the CL second leg we’re almost there.

And hopefully get Porto in the quarters.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby blues2win » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 am

Off topic I see Oscar Bobb is getting a contract extension.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:42 am

blues2win wrote:At least with the CL second leg we’re almost there.

Still we will have to start strong enough. Hopefully get a lead and get a few off.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum