***Treble Winners v Chelsea Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Chelsea Official Match Thread***

Postby branny » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:48 pm

This post match stuff is absolute bollox. We've had a shocker in front of goal. Fuck all to do with how Chelsea played.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:49 pm

The few times chelsea got in our half in the second half they were offside. They were no danger at all but it pads the stats in their favour as well as wasting a bit of time. The linesman at our defensive end, such as he was, was miles behind play the vast majority of the time. Useless twat.

Four minutes? No penalty for that sequence of shirt-pulling fouls and handballs at the end? Really? How many yellow cards did that nasty piece of shit caicedo commit but not get punished for? I reckon an opposition player has to actually get a chainsaw out and saw one of our players in half to get a yellow card for a foul against us. Dissent though, that is a different matter, as was Bernardo's yellow apparently. I would love to pummel the cheat madley's malformed face with an anvil until I need a lie down, then have a lie down then get up and start pummelling it again.

We were a lot better when we had Bernardo on the field instead of the rich man's Paul Dickov. Doku is finding the second half of the season a bit harder than the first. No surprise there, now that the unknown quantity is no longer unknown. Let's see how he deals with it. It would be nice to have a proper attacking left back to help him out at times though. Nathan Ake is a very good footballer. Kev is getting better. Haaland knows he can do better than that and will. Rodri is Rodri, the single best footballer on the planet.

We should have won that, but we didn't, though the point may come in handy in the final reckoning.

Ah, well. Onwards and upwards.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:50 pm

aaron bond wrote:
zuricity wrote:
aaron bond wrote:How on earth was that not a penalty!?!?

But that was abysmal today. Only perhaps Ake and Ederson came out with any credit today.

Walker, Dias and Akanji were shambolic. Rodri was half-asleep.

Out of the attackers, Doku huffed and puffed but had no end product. KDB, Foden and Alvarez were virtually invisible. Haaland had a shocker.

Pep’s tinkering with the defence needs to stop. He should have made changes earlier today. We could see things were not working in the first half.

Still a long way to go but we’ve blown our advantage in the title race and were embarrassed yet again by a crap Chelsea team. Disappointing day.

Tinkering with the defence ?? we spent 90 minutes in their half there was no defending to do.

Tinkering with the defence refers to changing it most weeks.

But regarding today, I’m guessing you didn’t see the game as there was a lot of defending to do and our defenders were often missing when it needed to be done. That’s why Chelsea went 1-0 up and had more shots on target than us.

I did see the game and there was very little to defend . They got a breakaway goal and Walker can't see that sterling will check back ,because sterling can't kick the ball with his left foot !

Doku had more time on the ball than anyone else but wasted everything. He is not a defender.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Indianablue » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:51 pm

But that was abysmal today. Only perhaps Ake and Ederson came out with any credit today.

Out of the attackers, Doku huffed and puffed but had no end product. KDB, Foden and Alvarez were virtually invisible. Haaland had a shocker.

Pep’s tinkering with the defence needs to stop. He should have made changes earlier today. We could see things were not working in the first half.

Still a long way to go but we’ve blown our advantage in the title race and were embarrassed yet again by a crap Chelsea team. Disappointing day.

About sums it up
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby s1ty m » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:55 pm

The defence is a shambles without Stones, though Ake is individually excellent. The rest, nope. Doku isn't what we need at all. Alvarez being played in a non-existent position and role is fucking criminal.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby nottsblue » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:56 pm

It is a quick check by VAR for what appears to be shirt pulling inside the area, but no penalty is given.

From the BBC match feed. Not even a mention of the handball which was the actual reason a penalty kick should have been awarded. Laughable
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Indianablue » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:56 pm

zuricity wrote:

Tinkering with the defence ?? we spent 90 minutes in their half there was no defending to do.

No defending to do ? what are you watching, they caused us quite a few problems at the back
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:01 pm

Indianablue wrote:

About sums it up

No it does not. In what way were those players shambolic ? Did you two not see that Chelsea had ALL of their players around their own box most of the game.

How do you break that down ? Even the bounce of the ball went their way.

we most certainly were not embarrassed by Chelsea. If anything Chelsea should go home quietly with their tails between their legs for turning into a relegation fodder team and setting eleven men in defence and time wasting , just like Luton, Brentford and Forest.

How VAR can see Caicedo plant his foot in Dokus shin , when on the ground and ignore it - well it is a joke.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:03 pm

Indianablue wrote:
zuricity wrote:

No defending to do ? what are you watching, they caused us quite a few problems at the back

No they didn't , big Ed caused us in the first 15 minutes and after that it was all one way , with the exception of losing the ball in their half and walker not blocking sterling.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:08 pm

zuricity wrote:How VAR can see Caicedo plant his foot in Dokus shin , when on the ground and ignore it - well it is a joke.

How did the ref not see it? Caicedo almost had to come round him he was that close. Stonewall red card challenge two feet away from a ref staring at it and he doesn't even give a foul.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:14 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:How VAR can see Caicedo plant his foot in Dokus shin , when on the ground and ignore it - well it is a joke.

How did the ref not see it? Caicedo almost had to come round him he was that close. Stonewall red card challenge two feet away from a ref staring at it and he doesn't even give a foul.

He did see it, the tackle was shown from behind doku being on the floor on my feed and Madley was looking at it.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Mase » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:24 pm

Would love an explanation as to why Doku is starting over Bobb. The kid comes on and scores the winner against Newcastle, then had a goal wrongly ruled out for offside next match and Pep has him sat on his arse.

I’m getting sick of these “if he chooses to stay” comments with our kids. Fuckin play the ones that deserve to be playing and they will want to stay!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:25 pm

zuricity wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:

He did see it, the tackle was shown from behind doku being on the floor on my feed and Madley was looking at it.

I know he DID see it, my question was why did choose not to see it? I think we all know the answer. Same reason obvious offsides against us are allowed to play out but borderline ones for us are flagged. But we're the cheats?
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:32 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:

I know he DID see it, my question was why did choose not to see it? I think we all know the answer. Same reason obvious offsides against us are allowed to play out but borderline ones for us are flagged. But we're the cheats?

Your guess is as good as anybody else's.

Perhaps you could nip down to Yorkshire and ask him.

Time and time again City , wanting to play attractive , attacking football have proven that playing this way wins out in the end.

Why did Madley book Bernie, he didn't even foul Caicedo, Caicedo jumped and exaggerated being fouled. Yet Bernie get an immediate yellow card, Why ?

it makes no sense. It seems Madley has got it in for him .
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Indianablue » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:03 pm

zuricity wrote:
Indianablue wrote:
zuricity wrote:

No they didn't , big Ed caused us in the first 15 minutes and after that it was all one way , with the exception of losing the ball in their half and walker not blocking sterling.

And Ederson keeping them from going 2 nil up in the 55th minute from a good Sterling attempt. We managed to make an average Chelsea team look ok today. We should be embarassed at the amount of ball we had yet couldn't do anything with it. Only i the last 20 minutes did we get to the bye line and put them under proper pressure. If teams sit back and defend in number this is what we need to do, as well as play a quick through ball on the deck for Haaland to run on to. We did produce enough for Haaland to get a few goals but he was guilty of missing sitters. How many times have we seen that since he got the Prem record last season . He's still bloody good but we are so wasteful - THAT is the embarassment, The penalty shouts were hopeful at best. Should have been playing against 10 men perhaps but the main issue is that we should have put this team to the sword and it was a opportunity missed. Chelsea will be happy, our players and Pep let themselves down today
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:13 pm

^^^^^^^
Disagree with you. Embarrassing, No. The players tried very hard today to break down a stubborn Chelsea.

I think , further back Tokio Blue sums it up much better than either of you two.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby blues2win » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:34 pm

Doku is being double marked now and he’s finding life harder. Has to pass back to Ake the whole time. He needs more interaction with our midfield. If Foden was on that side it would help him. Ake is our best defender at the moment but is not going to get forward much.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby s1ty m » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:43 pm

It's incredible to me that Foden isn't making up a 3 with KDB and Rodri. Horrible waste out wide. I despair with Pep sometimes. His obsession with Akanji is now a serious issue, the bloke is a shockingly poor player. Wooden, at best. Doku just isn't all that. Impact sub for now, at best.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Redna » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:46 pm

We don't need to act like we are Munichbastards. We excell.
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:47 pm

branny wrote:This post match stuff is absolute bollox. We've had a shocker in front of goal. Fuck all to do with how Chelsea played.

Yep. Don’t watch the pre and post-match but looking at the stats it’s quite easy to see where it went wrong. Huge possession stats and massively outplayed them in all areas, especially the chances.

We were just rotten on target and quite amazing how Haaland was so off it. Annoyingly, got to give credit to Chelsea as their back 9 played superbly and one in particular stopped so many of our attacks. Will he do the same against others?

PS. You know I will always call the ref out when I feel he’s done us wrong, yet I’ll give him praise tonight. He did an absolute superb job for the PL tonight, ensuring WWE style money flowed into their ppckets.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum