***Treble Winners v Chelsea Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Chelsea Official Match Thread***

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:31 pm

Just waiting for someone to say "stop blaming the officiating "...

But can you imagine if we all played by the same rules??
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Outcast » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:31 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Fed up with the refereeing standards in this country. Red card not given, handball at the end had an intended movement after the initial accidental contact so should have been a penalty. So fucking bored of this game now. If it wasn't for my love for city, I'd be long gone by now.

We've dropped 4 points against that shower of shite, you can't tell me it's all down to refereeing?
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PaulieIrish » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:31 pm

32 shots guys, 1 goal. Only 5 on target. Chelsea had 9 shots, 6 on target. Therein lies the problem today. Not the ref, not the added time.

Today we were not clinical enough.
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby sheblue » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:31 pm

A big 2 points lost.
Very disappointing performance.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:32 pm

to be fair we didnt play anywhere near our best, but all the time going back does not help the cause 1 little bit, sometimes we dont start playing until we are a goal down, i hope that the young argie is a fast winger and dont fucking stop and not going past the other players
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:32 pm

blues2win wrote:Not given. What a shock. Better than a loss but two precious points given away. Haaland should have won it for us. On to Tuesday.

the commentators knew before anyone else. Scandalous the way things are unfolding.

Still we have it in our hands . We need to put the Arse and scouse2 to the sword.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:32 pm

nottsblue wrote:Strange that the dipper fan commentator says it definitely not a penalty as he watches a replay of the Chelsea defender brush the ball away with his arm

Initial touch shouldn't have been given but the second one when he knocks the ball away is a definite penalty.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby aaron bond » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:33 pm

How on earth was that not a penalty!?!?

But that was abysmal today. Only perhaps Ake and Ederson came out with any credit today.

Walker, Dias and Akanji were shambolic. Rodri was half-asleep.

Out of the attackers, Doku huffed and puffed but had no end product. KDB, Foden and Alvarez were virtually invisible. Haaland had a shocker.

Pep’s tinkering with the defence needs to stop. He should have made changes earlier today. We could see things were not working in the first half.

Still a long way to go but we’ve blown our advantage in the title race and were embarrassed yet again by a crap Chelsea team. Disappointing day.
aaron bond

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:34 pm

PaulieIrish wrote:32 shots guys, 1 goal. Only 5 on target. Chelsea had 9 shots, 6 on target. Therein lies the problem today. Not the ref, not the added time.

They were counting Chelsea shots on target when the play would have been pulled back for offside, it's how you make stats tell lies.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:34 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Strange that the dipper fan commentator says it definitely not a penalty as he watches a replay of the Chelsea defender brush the ball away with his arm

Initial touch shouldn't have been given but the second one when he knocks the ball away is a definite penalty.

Without a doubt a penalty, all day long.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby zabbadabbado » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:34 pm

Sure we were not great today.

It is the little things that influenced the end result..

2 contentious fouls that would have been penalties for LiVARpool.The one in the last seconds he actually moves his Hand towards the Ball,very definition of a penalty.

4 minutes injury time was taking the piss..Again if this had been the Arse or LiVARpool there would have been 9 minutes given Chelsea persistent time wasting.

All so innocently subtle to the neutral fan.All too clear for us.
Last edited by zabbadabbado on Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: KDB

Postby nottsblue » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:34 pm

Mase wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:Fed up with the refereeing standards in this country. Red card not given, handball at the end had an intended movement after the initial accidental contact so should have been a penalty. So fucking bored of this game now. If it wasn't for my love for city, I'd be long gone by now.

I’m with you.

The only football at all I've watched since Boxing day has been City games. Not even seen 5 minutes of MotD or of another game. Can't see it changing either and that will almost certainly include the Euros
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby mr_nool » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:36 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:

His arm was in an unnatural position, since he was pulling the City player's shirt. Then he let go and pushed the ball out of danger with his lower arm. Clear pen.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:36 pm

aaron bond wrote:How on earth was that not a penalty!?!?

But that was abysmal today. Only perhaps Ake and Ederson came out with any credit today.

Out of the attackers, Doku huffed and puffed but had no end product. KDB, Foden and Alvarez were virtually invisible. Haaland had a shocker.

Pep’s tinkering with the defence needs to stop. He should have made changes earlier today. We could see things were not working in the first half.

Still a long way to go but we’ve blown our advantage in the title race and were embarrassed yet again by a crap Chelsea team. Disappointing day.

Tinkering with the defence ?? we spent 90 minutes in their half there was no defending to do.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby zabbadabbado » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:39 pm

When i first saw Doku play i was excited..

It is becoming all too evident he is not an intelligent player.

He has a bit of pace,and that is about it.constantly runs down dead ends,every pass is either over hit,under nit,or starts a counter.

Said earlier he looks destined for Crystal Palace level at some point.Flatters to deceive.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Indianablue » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:40 pm

Didn't deserve anything from that game, lucky to get a point. Our defence was poor, our midfield was bossed by Gallagher , our tactics completely static and never changed against a Chelsea side that continually exposed us on the break. Our forward play ran down blind alleys, were guilty of missing absolute sitters that i would fancy my chances scoring

Akanji poor needs to go
Alvarez poor play him in the right position
Walker pace counts for fuck all, can't tackle, has no game sense
Doku not intelligent in his play
KDB not his best game
Foden went missing for most of the game
Haaland wasteful and offered nothing else
Ederson kept us in it at times
Ake solid game
Rodri needs help in midfield, thought Gallagher bullied him too easily, at least he scored for us
Diaz exposed by pacy defenders didn't stand a chance with nothing infront of him or at his sides
Fucking great Saturday night

Why not show us Lewis or Bobb, Nunez surely. What about big Ed up for a corner at the end , keep Walker on the half way line

Ref gave them too much leeway again to kick fuck out of us, Should have been down to 10 men .

Wrestling and grappling seems to be allowed against us , We need tactics to stop it happening
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:43 pm

PaulieIrish wrote:32 shots guys, 1 goal. Only 5 on target. Chelsea had 9 shots, 6 on target. Therein lies the problem today. Not the ref, not the added time.

If no players are blocking the goal - and chelsea for the most part had eight players in and around their six yard box. You might get a shot in on goal.

Statistics do not tell the story. They got a dead lucky breakaway goal. For the rest of the game they didn't get a look in . They got dangerous,because the linesman and referee did not pull up the clear offsides. So it looks like a chance on goal . A chance that should not happen because of clear offside and once again the reluctance to pull the game up , as they do for the Scouse2 and the Arse.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby aaron bond » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:44 pm

zuricity wrote:

Tinkering with the defence ?? we spent 90 minutes in their half there was no defending to do.

Tinkering with the defence refers to changing it most weeks.

But regarding today, I’m guessing you didn’t see the game as there was a lot of defending to do and our defenders were often missing when it needed to be done. That’s why Chelsea went 1-0 up and had more shots on target than us.
aaron bond

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:47 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:

When i first saw Doku play i was excited..

It is becoming all too evident he is not an intelligent player.

He has a bit of pace,and that is about it.constantly runs down dead ends,every pass is either over hit,under nit,or starts a counter.

Said earlier he looks destined for Crystal Palace level at some point.Flatters to deceive.

Doku can go for me, he really is not good enough. Disaster, he stops the ball and waits. Some going on about Jack , but Doku just doesn't have it.

Move him on in the summer.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Indianablue » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:48 pm

zuricity wrote:

If no players are blocking the goal - and chelsea for the most part had eight players in and around their six yard box. You might get a shot in on goal.

Statistics do not tell the story. They got a dead lucky breakaway goal. For the rest of the game they didn't get a look in . They got dangerous,because the linesman and referee did not pull up the clear offsides. So it looks like a chance on goal . A chance that should not happen because of clear offside and once again the reluctance to pull the game up , as they do for the Scouse2 and the Arse.

Not lucky at all, they kept trying the same tactic and it paid off. We didn't learn from it and looked exposed. Could have been sorted on the pitch or at the very least by Pep and his crew at half time
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum