Midweek PL Games Jan. 30 to February 1

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Midweek PL Games Jan. 30 to February 1

Postby Outcast » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:47 am

Everyone said Rodders was shit, 'get him out', 'he's not a city player, ' fucking crane', 'concrete feet', 'can't pass a ball', 'can't tackle' blah blah. Now he's the messiah, irreplaceable blah blah.

Let's see how Josko gets on in two seasons before we contemplate flogging him.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:50 am

I think Josko will be alright. Pep obviously wants him to be the Stones of the left side. Stones at 21 would have struggled doing that position
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:00 pm

Germ Genius on MOTD: "Barkley didn't just stand out - he was outstanding" - like a farmer in his field? :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:35 pm

Outcast wrote:Everyone said Rodders was shit, 'get him out', 'he's not a city player, ' fucking crane', 'concrete feet', 'can't pass a ball', 'can't tackle' blah blah. Now he's the messiah, irreplaceable blah blah.

If he gives the fuckign ball away one more time I hope someone does flog him.......at least 20 lashes.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby MIAMCFC » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:30 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Outcast wrote:Everyone said Rodders was shit, 'get him out', 'he's not a city player, ' fucking crane', 'concrete feet', 'can't pass a ball', 'can't tackle' blah blah. Now he's the messiah, irreplaceable blah blah.

If he gives the fuckign ball away one more time I hope someone does flog him.......at least 20 lashes.

Give it time Carl he is playing passes that are risk and reward. He is scary at times your hearts in your mouth.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:38 am

MIAMCFC wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Give it time Carl he is playing passes that are risk and reward. He is scary at times your hearts in your mouth.

Its the constantly being beaten for pace on the outside that has me worried more than him loving possession. Passing can be worked on pace cant.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby salford city » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:40 am

Dubciteh wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Its the constantly being beaten for pace on the outside that has me worried more than him loving possession. Passing can be worked on pace cant.

He's not a fucking lb for that reason alone. Why Pep persists with the idea that he is defies belief. Play him at cb or not at all
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Outcast » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:06 pm

salford city wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He's not a fucking lb for that reason alone. Why Pep persists with the idea that he is defies belief. Play him at cb or not at all

It wasn't long ago Ake wasn't good enough and some were calling for his head. Now he's class. He isn't exactly a road runner!

Good positioning compensates for lack of speed.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:43 pm

Give it time Carl he is playing passes that are risk and reward. He is scary at times your hearts in your mouth.[/quote]

Its the constantly being beaten for pace on the outside that has me worried more than him loving possession. Passing can be worked on pace cant.[/quote]

He's not a fucking lb for that reason alone. Why Pep persists with the idea that he is defies belief. Play him at cb or not at all[/quote]

It wasn't long ago Ake wasn't good enough and some were calling for his head. Now he's class. He isn't exactly a road runner!

Good positioning compensates for lack of speed.[/quote]

Josko gets pelters on here from a fair few and my point is its his first season here in a team that is expected to challenge for everything and our esteemed leader persists in playing him out of position. As good as Pep is,he has got to realise that not every player has the brains or skill-set to play a variety of positions. Full back in our team is one that comes with a higher responsibility than most and one role that requires a greater understanding of our overall play. That can be coached, I've no doubt but we cannot expect this kid to be that from walking in the door. Play him at cb or he will continue to struggle
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Scatman » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:11 pm

salford city wrote:Give it time Carl he is playing passes that are risk and reward. He is scary at times your hearts in your mouth.

Its the constantly being beaten for pace on the outside that has me worried more than him loving possession. Passing can be worked on pace cant.[/quote]

He's not a fucking lb for that reason alone. Why Pep persists with the idea that he is defies belief. Play him at cb or not at all[/quote]

Good positioning compensates for lack of speed.[/quote]

Josko gets pelters on here from a fair few and my point is its his first season here in a team that is expected to challenge for everything and our esteemed leader persists in playing him out of position. As good as Pep is,he has got to realise that not every player has the brains or skill-set to play a variety of positions. Full back in our team is one that comes with a higher responsibility than most and one role that requires a greater understanding of our overall play. That can be coached, I've no doubt but we cannot expect this kid to be that from walking in the door. Play him at cb or he will continue to struggle[/quote]

Call me.a licker but I expect Guardiola is well aware of what the responsibilities are of the various positions in his team. I dare say he knows full well about Gvardiol's weaknesses. Granted the manager isn't infallible but I bet he's seen everything that everyone else has, and more. I also bet he has accepted it will happen as a necessary byproduct of the journey to where it all leads.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum