Midweek PL Games Jan. 30 to February 1

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Midweek PL Games Jan. 30 to February 1

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:57 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Barcodes 2-0 now two for Schar

Just tuned in and was a little shocked at that scoreline, especially as they’ve been blowing smoke up Villas arse on the radio all day.

First thing I see, Kamara drags Gordon back but no yellow. Then Kamara gets a yellow when it should’ve been a second and off down the tunnel.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:02 pm

Arsenal 2-0 at Forest. Game over
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:07 pm

4-0 Luton

A lot has been written about de Zerbi but Brighton haven’t convinced me much this season that he can elevate his game to be a top 4 manager
nottsblue

Postby zuricity » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:33 pm

Villa clearly have been cooking with water recently, 0-3
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:08 am

Don’t understand how the Brighton manager has a good rep. They’ve had some terrible results this season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:22 am

Mase wrote:Don’t understand how the Brighton manager has a good rep. They’ve had some terrible results this season.

With a fully-fit squad, their first team is top 6-7 imo. He had them playing good football earlier in the season. Agree that they've also had some shockers. They are finding it hard with the European games and managing squad rotation
Like others, they are going to have to suck it up, them's the rules that you all wanted. Back on topic, I do rate this guy and I doubt he will be at Brighton long
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:38 am

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:Don’t understand how the Brighton manager has a good rep. They’ve had some terrible results this season.

With a fully-fit squad, their first team is top 6-7 imo. He had them playing good football earlier in the season. Agree that they've also had some shockers. They are finding it hard with the European games and managing squad rotation
Like others, they are going to have to suck it up, them's the rules that you all wanted. Back on topic, I do rate this guy and I doubt he will be at Brighton long

Surely that’s part of management, dealing with injuries? If he can’t cope and doesn’t have a plan B he’ll struggle stepping up to a “bigger” club.

Genuinely feel like he’ll fail when he moves on from Brighton. Will be interesting to see.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:14 am

Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:

Surely that’s part of management, dealing with injuries? If he can’t cope and doesn’t have a plan B he’ll struggle stepping up to a “bigger” club.

Genuinely feel like he’ll fail when he moves on from Brighton. Will be interesting to see.

Agree that dealing wirh injuries is part of the job but, as we've seen, losing key personnel with below par replacements is not something that you can tolerate over a longer period. Yes you can argue that's where recruitment needs to be better but outside of the very top teams, most replacements at other teams are a downgrade. All comes back to ffp again and the ability to have a deeper squad of capable(?) players. I rate this guy, I doubt he will be short of suitors
salford city

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:21 am

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:

Agree that dealing wirh injuries is part of the job but, as we've seen, losing key personnel with below par replacements is not something that you can tolerate over a longer period. Yes you can argue that's where recruitment needs to be better but outside of the very top teams, most replacements at other teams are a downgrade. All comes back to ffp again and the ability to have a deeper squad of capable(?) players. I rate this guy, I doubt he will be short of suitors

I had a conversation yesterday about FFP with a Leicester fan in work yesterday because he was saying they need to sell so they don’t fall foul of FFP. Just laughed and reminded him that the teams that voted for it thought it would stop City :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:43 am

Agree that dealing wirh injuries is part of the job but, as we've seen, losing key personnel with below par replacements is not something that you can tolerate over a longer period. Yes you can argue that's where recruitment needs to be better but outside of the very top teams, most replacements at other teams are a downgrade. All comes back to ffp again and the ability to have a deeper squad of capable(?) players. I rate this guy, I doubt he will be short of suitors[/quote]

I had a conversation yesterday about FFP with a Leicester fan in work yesterday because he was saying they need to sell so they don’t fall foul of FFP. Just laughed and reminded him that the teams that voted for it thought it would stop City :lol:[/quote]

We are seeing more and more of this and watching the realisation dawn on the masses is beyond amusing and ironic. Our revenue streams continue to grow far outweighing anything and anyone in the PL. The worrying thing for all is that we are already planning for the next phase with stadium expansion, fans facilities and music venue and we won't be stopping any time soon. We will chase down ferguson's trophy haul of that I'm in no doubt
salford city

Postby sheblue » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:19 pm

The ironic thing is that we as MCFC fans should be all for FFP as it will slow down the chasing pack i.e. Newcastle etc. The drawbridge is up and were in, unless they can find another way to turf us out.
But still I dont like it, as any others are finding out.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:25 pm

sheblue wrote:The ironic thing is that we as MCFC fans should be all for FFP as it will slow down the chasing pack i.e. Newcastle etc. The drawbridge is up and were in, unless they can find another way to turf us out.

Agreed. I don't like it but it was created entirely to stop / halt us. We had no choice but to lie with the pigs which we did. The issue for the cartel and their supporters is how do they look to protect their futures whilst keeping us at bay
salford city

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:18 pm

salford city wrote:
sheblue wrote:The ironic thing is that we as MCFC fans should be all for FFP as it will slow down the chasing pack i.e. Newcastle etc. The drawbridge is up and were in, unless they can find another way to turf us out.

Agreed. I don't like it but it was created entirely to stop / halt us. We had no choice but to lie with the pigs which we did. The issue for the cartel and their supporters is how do they look to protect their futures whilst keeping us at bay

it’s destroying the league at the moment :lol:
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:25 pm

Dippers got away with a pen then
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby zuricity » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:26 pm

Clear Penalty against Dick van Dyke and turned down , even by VAR . Shocking
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:55 pm

2-0 dippers. Long way back for Chelsea now. The inevitable defeat looms
nottsblue

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:17 pm

nottsblue wrote:2-0 dippers. Long way back for Chelsea now. The inevitable defeat looms

Does seem that Chelsea are playing against the Liverpool, PL and Sky combined 11.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:24 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:2-0 dippers. Long way back for Chelsea now. The inevitable defeat looms

Does seem that Chelsea are playing against the Liverpool, PL and Sky combined 13.

Edited for you mate
nottsblue

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:27 pm

Mudryk just missed a sitter
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby sheblue » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:32 pm

gmercer1 wrote:Mudryk just missed a sitter

Normal game for him so.
No suprise Chelsea are losing.
The murderers are going to be there all the way.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum