Pep Guardiola: Chasing Perfection

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Guardiola: Chasing Perfection

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:36 am

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Mase wrote:Watching Maidstone at Ipswich. The way Ipswich are playing - building from the back, not panicking, keeping possession, moving it from left to right from right to left. Anyone who thinks Pep has had no influence on football beyond the teams he’s managed is fuckin bonckers!

You’ve got teams trying the inverted fullbacks. Goalkeepers having to be class with the ball at their feet.

This is from Sunday league all the way up!

When did Fergie ever do that? Pep is on another level to everybody that’s come before.

I was recently watching a local team on the park playing fields. They were playing out from the back, trying to keep possession. Last time I watched this level of football it was lump the ball forward as soon as you get it. Just get rid and hope for a good bounce at the other end. Amazing really the influence Pep has had on football.

When I was a kid it was “JUST BLOODY GET RID!!!!!” :lol:

Don’t forget. “And get stuck in”

Remember POMOs. Pile passes in to the area at any opportunity.

Fucking hell it was neanderthal.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:37 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:As soon as I hear BBC I think fuck that.

The word ‘pedophile’ springs to mind when I hear the BBC being mentioned .

Foot fetishists?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Chinners » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:52 pm

Only just had time to catch up with this and finished watching a few minutes ago.

Weird feeling right now, got goose bumps, memories both good and bad but the main thing that's hitting me right now is the singlemindedness of Pep and on the few occasions he strays from that it goes wrong. I was certainly one of many, that had doubts about his style working in England that first season and I was certainly one of many, that have had doubts about his decisions in certain games, not least in our first Chumps final against Chelsea. I will certainly be one of many, that may have doubts about his decisions in future as well but watching this has made me realise we all doubt, moan & complain about our beloved City when things go wrong but with this guy we should just enjoy and ride out the few things that don't work because the example of Demento at Man Yoo should be a lesson to us all. Their fans were calling for his head on numerous occasions, even after just 6 months in charge, even in his final couple of seasons after he had won all those shinny's for them . . . we should never be like that when things go a little astray . . . but grateful

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... perfection
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby MIAMCFC » Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:44 am

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Mase wrote:Watching Maidstone at Ipswich. The way Ipswich are playing - building from the back, not panicking, keeping possession, moving it from left to right from right to left. Anyone who thinks Pep has had no influence on football beyond the teams he’s managed is fuckin bonckers!

You’ve got teams trying the inverted fullbacks. Goalkeepers having to be class with the ball at their feet.

This is from Sunday league all the way up!

When did Fergie ever do that? Pep is on another level to everybody that’s come before.

I was recently watching a local team on the park playing fields. They were playing out from the back, trying to keep possession. Last time I watched this level of football it was lump the ball forward as soon as you get it. Just get rid and hope for a good bounce at the other end. Amazing really the influence Pep has had on football.

When I was a kid it was “JUST BLOODY GET RID!!!!!” :lol:

Don’t forget. “And get stuck in”

Watching the Rags v Barca at Wembley CL final. That was the plan from the scum. I text my brother Your manager is getting schooled with your launch it tactics. He has never got over that night. Or Pep rocking up at City.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Crossie » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:06 am

Not to mention how Southgate has tried to implement this approach. I know it’s hard to tell because he does a great job of butchering it with square pegs in round holes and a hypocritical preference for his favourites. But, Pep influenced the national team, quite quickly too.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum