View from the Home End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

View from the Home End

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:08 pm

First of all, Happy New Year one and all, if it’s not too late to say that. Apologies for the last couple of games, I was away at Christmas and then came back with this bug that is going around, and that basically wiped me out. At the start of the season I would have been nervous about going away to the Barcodes, but not now. The team is good enough to win this, even with the injuries. Hopefully we get another cameo from KDB, and a Foden masterclass.

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Neil Davies
Fourth official: Tim Robinson
VAR: Peter Bankes
Assistant VAR: Simon Long.

Team Selection

Dubs

Trippier
Burn
Botman
Schar
Livra

Longstaff
Bruno

Miggy
Gordon

Isak

And the rest…

Actually looking forward to this now. Incredible how a win can lift a weight off your shoulders, I've been miserable all Christmas (not really). But seriously, it's obviously an immense task; but today will give us a shot in the arm and it's another week's rest and work on the training pitch. We should go into it with confidence.

We'll fucking beat em again.

If Joelinton is out they will toy with our midfield.

I think Man City are going to cruise to the title in the second half of the season. But hopefully it starts after this.

My hopes depend on who plays midfield. If we start with Longstaff-Bruno-Miley we’re getting nowt. Otherwise I fancy us to get something.

We’ll avoid the sharpest version of De Bruyne thankfully, he’ll come off the bench for sure.

They won't get out of second gear. 0-3.

Time to move on to proper teams now we've dealt with the cup minnows.

The problem we have with City is that they have one of the best squads ever built in premier league history. So that might give them a slight tactical advantage.

Haaland and stones out for tomorrow.

Not sure that makes a blind bit of difference.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: View from the Home End

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:17 pm

Cheers CM

Happy New Year to you too

A good as time as any to play these with their injury list. Am quietly confident
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:38 pm

Cheers CM

I had no idea our record against these was so good, they've only beaten us once in the last 32 games!!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:28 pm

Cheers CM
I like this one :

The problem we have with City is that they have one of the best squads ever built in premier league history. So that might give them a slight tactical advantage.

Just love that droll sense of humour
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum