***Everton vs Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Everton vs Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:08 pm

just sayin wrote:At least Pep ( for once ) made an early substitution when he brought off Plug.....sorry.... Nunes off.
Awful player and certainly not one we need in the team if we are going to go on a winning run

tarkowski and nunes both must be angry at their parents for not getting their ears pinned back when they were young
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:42 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Yes and yes - are you going ?

Yes mate, its a staple every year for me. That and G2e in vegas which i prefer for obvious reasons!

If ur free and fancy a beer during it, let me know mate.

We are away to brentford on the monday, i might try get to that game.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:13 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Yes and yes - are you going ?

Yes mate, its a staple every year for me. That and G2e in vegas which i prefer for obvious reasons!

If ur free and fancy a beer during it, let me know mate.

We are away to brentford on the monday, i might try get to that game.

I’m at both conferences every year as well although I’m tired of going to Vegas so will give that a miss from now on .

PM me your phone details and we can stay in touch and maybe hook up at the show - Plenty of drinks available at the show ))
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Indianablue » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:17 pm

sheblue wrote:
just sayin wrote:At least Pep ( for once ) made an early substitution when he brought off Plug.....sorry.... Nunes off.
Awful player and certainly not one we need in the team if we are going to go on a winning run

It could be argued that he should have taken him off a lot earlier.
At this time lewis and Kovacic are better, but to be clear Kovacic is not good enough either. Squad filler.

Watched the whole game again on Prime. Thought the team played well, Nunes wasn't as bad as being painted. Thought the experience will benefit him Gvardiol still getting used to being a left back and he's still young and t be honest i thought Kovacic was ok as well. Referee let alot go for both sides but erred on Evertons . Thought Akanji was unlucky to be penalised for donating his shorts to the Everton forward.
Much more relaxed watched the full game knowing the result!
Grealish had a good battle all game and he had one of his better games of late. He should learn to ignore defenders that bait him. Smile and walk away withthe points.
Foden was excellent and unplayable at times, City moved the ball about 3 times faster than usual last night and we were the better for it
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:16 pm

Indianablue wrote:
sheblue wrote:

It could be argued that he should have taken him off a lot earlier.
At this time lewis and Kovacic are better, but to be clear Kovacic is not good enough either. Squad filler.

Watched the whole game again on Prime. Thought the team played well, Nunes wasn't as bad as being painted. Thought the experience will benefit him Gvardiol still getting used to being a left back and he's still young and t be honest i thought Kovacic was ok as well. Referee let alot go for both sides but erred on Evertons . Thought Akanji was unlucky to be penalised for donating his shorts to the Everton forward.
Much more relaxed watched the full game knowing the result!
Grealish had a good battle all game and he had one of his better games of late. He should learn to ignore defenders that bait him. Smile and walk away withthe points.
Foden was excellent and unplayable at times, City moved the ball about 3 times faster than usual last night and we were the better for it
Jack's yellow card was utterly disgraceful - Tarkowski should have been off the pitch by half time.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby stupot » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:35 pm

Foden rightly MOTM, Grealish not far behind. Gvardiol did very well when he came on.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:18 am

I saw extended highlights and Nunes was fucking shit - absolutely shit.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby s1ty m » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:24 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I saw extended highlights and Nunes was fucking shit - absolutely shit.

He's wasn't as good as that. Bloke is pathetic, frankly.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mase » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:49 pm

Pep needs to switch up his man-management style. Bollocks someone on the pitch doesn’t work for everyone.

Perhaps Lillo can bollock Pep and rag him about while shouting “JOSKO IS A CENTER BACK!!!”
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Indianablue » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:58 pm

s1ty m wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I saw extended highlights and Nunes was fucking shit - absolutely shit.

He's wasn't as good as that. Bloke is pathetic, frankly.

Whilst i think he needs to improve alot , i thought he had a better game. GVARDIOL is also looking better. I think both of them just need game time
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Indianablue » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:02 pm

Mase wrote:Pep needs to switch up his man-management style. Bollocks someone on the pitch doesn’t work for everyone.

Perhaps Lillo can bollock Pep and rag him about while shouting “JOSKO IS A CENTER BACK!!!”

It's an awkward watch, but that's just the way he is. I object more to his wearing of fucking awful wooly knitwear and perpetual spitting. More of the Hugo Boss suits and white shirts please.
If the team play better and dont throw games away he can bollock who he wants, where he wants
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:10 pm

Indianablue wrote:
Mase wrote:Pep needs to switch up his man-management style. Bollocks someone on the pitch doesn’t work for everyone.

It's an awkward watch, but that's just the way he is. I object more to his wearing of fucking awful wooly knitwear and perpetual spitting. More of the Hugo Boss suits and white shirts please.
If the team play better and dont throw games away he can bollock who he wants, where he wants

He can, but there won’t be any players left to manage for him. That bollocking tactic will work with players like Haaland, but not every player.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:17 pm

Don't think he was bollocking him, Pep is like that in training and you see him during matches being animated to get an idea across.

Probably better doing it while whatever he's talking to him about is fresh in his mind to get a point over.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:33 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Don't think he was bollocking him, Pep is like that in training and you see him during matches being animated to get an idea across.

Probably better doing it while whatever he's talking to him about is fresh in his mind to get a point over.

I’d like to see him do it to Nunes after every match.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:18 pm

Mase wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Don't think he was bollocking him, Pep is like that in training and you see him during matches being animated to get an idea across.

Maybe he does it with players who he knows are worth investing in, not sure Nunes falls into that category.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:27 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:

Maybe he does it with players who he knows are worth investing in, not sure Nunes falls into that category.

True. But would be fun to see Pep dragging Nunes around the pitch by his ears until he has a good game.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:24 pm

Indianablue wrote:

His constant spitting is fucking disgusting - why the bald cunt cannot control this is a head scratcher .

Repeat - he’s fucking disgusting doing this in every fucking game - makes him look like a peasant .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:43 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Indianablue wrote:

His constant spitting is fucking disgusting - why the bald cunt cannot control this is a head scratcher .

Repeat - he’s fucking disgusting doing this in every fucking game - makes him look like a peasant .

Too much salt on his Pistachio nuts in the pre-game chat with the coaching staff.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Original Dub » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:23 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Indianablue wrote:

You're obsessed Carl :lol:
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby city72 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:28 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Indianablue wrote:

Proper rank who goes to work and spits every 10 seconds for no reason, no need.
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum