PL Games Festive Period from December 22

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Games Festive Period from December 22

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:34 am

Deja vu all over again.
This is why i hate this fucking league full of inapt teams. We are the only ones that can stop “the mentality cunts”.
Absolutely toxic when you are in a race with them.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby stupot » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:42 am

PeterParker wrote:Deja vu all over again.
This is why i hate this fucking league full of inapt teams. We are the only ones that can stop “the mentality cunts”.

Luton drew with them mate.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:39 pm

zuricity wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Woodyblue wrote:How is it that Klopp doesn’t get booked?Every time the camera goes on him he’s crying to the fourth official.

Cmon, he's probably only asking where he can get a decent cup of coffee and black forest cake

In my experience Rudenshiem is the best for that

Nah, in the black forest itself, rudesheim is famous for wine and Bert Trautmann

This is what I was referring to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9W-pMuF-Kw
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:25 pm

stupot wrote:

Luton don't know the rules that you "have to bend over" when you play them so Kloppy can't punch the air at the end.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby stupot » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:37 pm

PeterParker wrote:
stupot wrote:

Luton don't know the rules that you "have to bend over" when you play them so Kloppy can't punch the air at the end.

It was a perfect time to play Newcastle last night with their injuries prior to the game then Trippier not being available either. They were shocking. Hopefully they're just as bad on the 13th when we go there.
I don't get the hype with the dippers, even the rags got something there.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:55 pm

stupot wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
stupot wrote:

It was a perfect time to play Newcastle last night with their injuries prior to the game then Trippier not being available either. They were shocking. Hopefully they're just as bad on the 13th when we go there.
I don't get the hype with the dippers, even the rags got something there.

It's the constant media build up they get. Teams believe the hype, the "amazing Anfield atmosphere that gets you".
Footballers are braindead, ot at least most of them, so it's normal they slip when they go there.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:33 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:Is it the conspiracy theorist in me or is the lack of analysis on the barcodes penalty shout immediately before the Curtis goal a little confusing?

I haven’t seen a replay. Nothing online and sky pundits just completely ignored it. Odd

Nothing odd, it's always the same, it disappears without trace.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby sheblue » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:50 pm

Murdering cheating bastards.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:55 pm

Remember the penalty for handball we were awarded at Everton which was followed by much gnashing of teeth and wailing about how unfair it all was. Despite being the correct decision

Didn't watch the game last night or the "punditry" that followed, but would I be correct in assuming the Jota dive and indeed the first penalty awarded, weren't thoroughly dissected and talked about as destroying the game as ours was?

It was as blatant a dive as there's been for some time so surely it was denounced as such...
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues-clues » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:05 pm

I wonder if James Milner ever reflects on his decisions. Seems like a footballer with more than average awareness but I never understood his choice to leave for Loserpool. Anyone of his calibre looking for a career in the game after playing at his level would surely see the advantages of staying in The City Group. Mystifying.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:21 pm

nottsblue wrote:Remember the penalty for handball we were awarded at Everton which was followed by much gnashing of teeth and wailing about how unfair it all was. Despite being the correct decision

Didn't watch the game last night or the "punditry" that followed, but would I be correct in assuming the Jota dive and indeed the first penalty awarded, weren't thoroughly dissected and talked about as destroying the game as ours was?

It was as blatant a dive as there's been for some time so surely it was denounced as such...

It was the fact that he completed a hundred yard dash after the slightest contact with the keeper before falling over that made it so obvious.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby zuricity » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:53 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Woodyblue wrote:How is it that Klopp doesn’t get booked?Every time the camera goes on him he’s crying to the fourth official.

Cmon, he's probably only asking where he can get a decent cup of coffee and black forest cake

In my experience Rudenshiem is the best for that

Nah, in the black forest itself, rudesheim is famous for wine and Bert Trautmann

This is what I was referring to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9W-pMuF-Kw

Good grief , that looks awful and certainly isn't Coffee.

There are loads of these types of coffee, in austria with schlag obers .... Not really coffee. Just like the Americans blend things like hazelnuts into coffee. awful.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:53 am

blues-clues wrote:I wonder if James Milner ever reflects on his decisions. Seems like a footballer with more than average awareness but I never understood his choice to leave for Loserpool. Anyone of his calibre looking for a career in the game after playing at his level would surely see the advantages of staying in The City Group. Mystifying.

The guy purposely ran his contract down and kept changing his reasons for wanting to leave - I’m not playing much, then when he did get played he changed it to “I’m not playing in the position I want to” only to go to Liverpool and play LB! If he had the balls to say, “look, it’s a last pay day for me and I want the signing on fee and high wage from Liverpool” I’d have a bit of respect for him.

He’s been on a podcast recently pretending that his celebration a few days after the Cup Final where he copied Yaya’s celebration when he scored (if you remember there were rumours at the time Yaya and Milner got into a physical fight after a game when they were both at City) and he’s pretending it was just an inside joke at Liverpool and he can’t understand why we booed him.

The guys a compulsive liar and easily up there with the thickest around. He was also the most basic footballer ever.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:16 pm

Absolutely.
Milner is a little weasel. I remember him doing that celebration like it was yesterday.

Difference was, iirc Yaya was celebrating the winning penalty in a cup final, so mimicking that was a little strange to say the least.

On the plus side, I had a scouse mate who used to tell me how shit milner was all the time and then he moved to them :lol:
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:38 pm

Original Dub wrote:Absolutely.
Milner is a little weasel. I remember him doing that celebration like it was yesterday.

Difference was, iirc Yaya was celebrating the winning penalty in a cup final, so mimicking that was a little strange to say the least.

On the plus side, I had a scouse mate who used to tell me how shit milner was all the time and then he moved to them :lol:

I had a scouse mate that did exactly the same. I remember an old Facebook post of his popping up with, “What does Milner actually do” about 2 years before he went there. I comment on that post regularly to remind him what a fickle fucker he is.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:28 pm

Wow, i have only watched the second half of a very exciting game , Girona vs Atletico. Easily as good as a PL Game , Girona go ahead 4-3 in extra time - sweet goal
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:41 pm

zuricity wrote:Wow, i have only watched the second half of a very exciting game , Girona vs Atletico. Easily as good as a PL Game , Girona go ahead 4-3 in extra time - sweet goal

Played well again despite their injuries. Couto had a good game. 10 points ahead of Athleti
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:10 am

salford city wrote:
zuricity wrote:Wow, i have only watched the second half of a very exciting game , Girona vs Atletico. Easily as good as a PL Game , Girona go ahead 4-3 in extra time - sweet goal

Played well again despite their injuries. Couto had a good game. 10 points ahead of Athleti

He the lad on loan from us?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:56 am

Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:

Yes, the Brazilian kid with the daft pink hair. Turned up as striker during one passage of play - RB by trade
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby zuricity » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:39 pm

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:

Yes, the Brazilian kid with the daft pink hair. Turned up as striker during one passage of play - RB by trade

I've seen a few games recently and he has always impressed. nifty little beggar this one. Lots of energy.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum