***Treble Winners v Palace Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Palace Official Match Thread***

Postby roddysaint » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:30 pm

We don't need cocksuckers like Big Steve telling everyone to calm down and keep the faith. The fans need to start throwing coins. This is simply unacceptable. We've thrown away the title in December.
roddysaint
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby branny » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:34 pm

Was out for daughters birthday for the Spurs game. Knew it was the late equaliser as soon as my phone beeped. Working this time and as soon as the first went in I knew the second wouldn't be far behind. I hear four CBs works quite well.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:36 pm

Our last possesion when the ball was headed back at 2-1 Ederson for some inexplicable reason decided to punt upfield instead of playing it out from the back which we’d done with ease all game, Pep was going mad on the touchline. It goes straight out of play and they launch the attack from which they ultimately score. Mind blowingly naive!!
There is no bite in our tackling at all, nothing, every team just plays through us. I cannot remember a single duel that we won even when we had a three trying ro take the ball of one player. There is something very strange with our mentality this season and it’s worrying There will be no trophy that I want coming our way this season unless something changes and very quickly. Gvardiol plays in his position or doesn’t play. Ake should be our go to LB every time. The Stones conundrum is unfathomable. SORT IT OUT PEP !!!!
Last edited by Sparklehorse on Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby PeterParker » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:38 pm

Just checked the full season:
101 min Trossard vs Arse in the shield
85 - Sheffield away
86 - Arse away
73 - Brighton home
95 - Chelsea away
80 - Scouse home
90 - Spurd home
74 - Villa away
76 & 91 - Red Star away
92 - Palace

So the lack of fresh legs checks out.
And lack of concentration.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:40 pm

PeterParker wrote:Just checked the full season:
101 min Trossard vs Arse in the shield
85 - Sheffield away
86 - Arse away
73 - Brighton home
95 - Chelsea away
80 - Scouse home
90 - Spurd home
74 - Villa away
76 & 91 - Red Star away
92 - Palace

So the lack of fresh legs checks out.
And lack of concentration.

It’s just basic stuff that we are fucking so badly
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:43 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:Our last goal kick at 2-1 Ederson for some inexplicable reason decided to punt upfield instead of playing it out from the back which we’d done with ease all game. It goes straight out of play and they launch the attack from which they ultimately score. Mind blowingly naive!!
There is no bite in our tackling at all, nothing, every team just plays through us. I cannot remember a single duel that we won even when we had a three trying ro take the ball of one player. There is something very strange with our mentality this season and it’s worrying There will be no trophy that I want coming our way this season unless something changes and very quickly. Gvardiol plays in his position or doesn’t play. Ake should be our go to RB every time. The Stones conundrum is unfathomable. SORT IT OUT PEP !!!!

I don't blame Eddie at all for kicking up field. Palace were pushing 5/6 players high up against our defence whenever we had the ball and nobody from midfield to collect. I don't understand how I could see that when no other cunt on the pitch but Eddie could. We invited pressure constantly after their equaliser, a sub may have alleviated it, it may not. But for a team of serial winners, it's criminal that the lads on the pitch didn't.

Gvardiol is not a left back. We really need to stop this experiment and put him in the back 2. Dias was pathetic in his attempt to shepherd then block the cross for the first goal. Walker is not the same player with the captaincy. Best right back I've seen since cafu but he's thick as fuck and needs less distraction on other roles to be the best.

Sort the fucking defence out basically. 5 or 6 clean sheets all season. Embarrassing for supposedly the best team in football.
Last edited by KinkyKinkladze on Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby roddysaint » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:43 pm

City are like that star racehorse heavily favored in the bookies, but when you look into its eyes and run a hand over its fur, you know that it's run one course too many. The glint in its eyes is gone. Its bones and joints creak.
roddysaint
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby Indianablue » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:46 pm

s1ty m wrote:
Outcast wrote:I just want to know why didn't mastermind start Stones?

Only he knows. Preferred him in a meaningless game on Wednesday. Poor decision, evidently. Not as poor as the decisions on the transfer market, though, fuck me, they are whoppers.

His arrogance and ego knows no bounds. Plays him in a dead rubber midweek to give him a work out, doesn't think he's necessary against a team of fucking athletes or anyone else for that matter. Quite happy thinking we'll be ok and might even get a third . Our team looked fucked. The big lad that won the penalty was always going down once the ball broke free and he was too quick for Foden. Likewise he was too quick for Silva in the build up and perhaps could have been pinged for pulling him back. He gave us and Ederson a warning in the first haldf and Ederson was lucky to get just a yellow. Perhaps Pep in his infinite fucking wisdom could have just asked Waler to stick to him like glue and cover his breaks? but what do i know - i don't get paid enough money but i could wear the oversized knitwear and spit on the touchline
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:52 pm

roddysaint wrote:We don't need cocksuckers like Big Steve telling everyone to calm down and keep the faith. The fans need to start throwing coins. This is simply unacceptable. We've thrown away the title in December.

Fuck me, throw coins at players!!!!!!!

Even if dippers do win tomorrow they will only be 6 points ahead with 21 games to play.

Yes things need to improve and quickly but, no need to shit the bed just yet, grow up and grow a pair.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Indianablue » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:54 pm

roddysaint wrote:City are like that star racehorse heavily favored in the bookies, but when you look into its eyes and run a hand over its fur, you know that it's run one course too many. The glint in its eyes is gone. Its bones and joints creak.

It's us fans that need to be put out of our fucking misery this season . All i wanted to see was a bit of effort, direct football and a big heart. People think its hard work defending all the time - it fucking isn;t , it just takes organisation and practice. The attacking team are running more and doing more thinking and if you are City you expose your arse if they get the ball and break away. Both their goals were soft and they were fit strong and athletic.
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby sheblue » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:59 pm

I am not panicking are anything long way to go yet. And I won't write us off.
But we have work to do and what we dont need is the distraction of this world club nonsense now.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:59 pm

One of the things we have going for us is the abysmal standard of this division. Everybody seems scared of saying it is such a fucking shit standard of football.
I watched the Palace v Dippers game last week, looking at that game, I would say that was second division football in old money. The mistakes, lack of creativity and, the total dependence of pace and athleticism. That sums up this division. It is shit. Look at the rags, pathetic, yet, not that far behind the top four.
So, yes, crap today, but don’t give up, we will still be better than most of this shit.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby sheblue » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:01 pm

Indianablue wrote:
sheblue wrote:Not a performance of champions. Awful 2nd half.

Has there been one this season?

Not really, just glimpses now and again.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Indianablue » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:06 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
roddysaint wrote:We don't need cocksuckers like Big Steve telling everyone to calm down and keep the faith. The fans need to start throwing coins. This is simply unacceptable. We've thrown away the title in December.

Fuck me, throw coins at players!!!!!!!

Even if dippers do win tomorrow they will only be 6 points ahead with 21 games to play.

Yes things need to improve and quickly but, no need to shit the bed just yet, grow up and grow a pair.

Gave up thinking we'd win anything this season several games ago. We have not got a fucking chance of silverware but that doesn't really bother me. You can't win all the time. What utterly fucking pissews me off no end though is the way in which we are throwing away games and our lack of game management. I'd also question the use of our squad and the way we tinker with players out of position . We have not had a true left back for a few seasons Clichy and Kolarov were ok but had their moments. I'm sorry but Walker should have at least been covered during the summer when he was thinking of fucking off. He's not half the man or player that Zabaleta was. He can run fast but can't shoot, rarely crosses well and gets caught alot and he's fucking thick as mince
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:10 pm

Alvarez escaping criticism. Been shite for a while and offers nothing whatsoever when he doesn’t score.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues2win » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:30 pm

Was at the match. We played pretty well for three quarters of the match scoring two good goals squeezing the life out of Palace, conceding zero goals on target and then… Even so a stupid loss lof possession in midfield ( Foden was it? ) and a reckless tackle by the same player cost us us two points One shot on target from open play. Two goals. Ugh. Our right flank was a real problem late on. Like others I was expecting Stones to start and then he gets played in a nothing match and was on the bench today for virtually all the match. I don’t understand it. Rodri was excellent for most of the match by the way. Dias was much better also until the first goal when he should have done more.
blues2win

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:11 pm

blues2win wrote:Was at the match. We played pretty well for three quarters of the match scoring two good goals squeezing the life out of Palace, conceding zero goals on target and then… Even so a stupid loss lof possession in midfield ( Foden was it? ) and a reckless tackle by the same player cost us us two points One shot on target from open play. Two goals. Ugh. Our right flank was a real problem late on. Like others I was expecting Stones to start and then he gets played in a nothing match and was on the bench today for virtually all the match. I don’t understand it. Rodri was excellent for most of the match by the way. Dias was much better also until the first goal when he should have done more.

at the moment we are allowing the defense to decide how we play. This might be because we are missing Tin tin.

Normally the defense would be deeper allowing the midfield players to determine the play.At the moment Foden and Lewis are not upto it. We need to get the oppositions 10 players away from the 16 yard line, stretch them out. We can only do this when the midfield players dominate the ball and not our defenders.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby blues2win » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:23 pm

Grealish plays a lot better with someone outside him. He’ll never be an out and out winger.
blues2win

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:25 pm

We seem to give more added time pens away than most
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:35 pm

Who is Big Steve?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site