summer signings

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: summer signings

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:35 pm

Ward Prowse at half the cost of Nunes would have been a better option.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby s1ty m » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:06 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:REALLY WANK.

Not fit for purpose. Pep dosent trust them, hence why he had them on the Bench for so long last night when we needed Midfielders. Brings them on an immediately we are 1-0 down..

Nunes is fucking horrible. He also gives the impression of being a Whiney twat with his face like a smacker arse.I bet Wolves were happy to get him out of the dressing room..

If you come on wearing gloves, you'd better be brilliant. He isn't. Total tart.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Original Dub » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:29 pm

s1ty m wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:REALLY WANK.

Not fit for purpose. Pep dosent trust them, hence why he had them on the Bench for so long last night when we needed Midfielders. Brings them on an immediately we are 1-0 down..

Nunes is fucking horrible. He also gives the impression of being a Whiney twat with his face like a smacker arse.I bet Wolves were happy to get him out of the dressing room..

If you come on wearing gloves, you'd better be brilliant. He isn't. Total tart.

Brilliant like Jo?
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Original Dub » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:32 pm

Mase wrote:Ward Prowse at half the cost of Nunes would have been a better option.

Very different players.

Also, I don't feel we've given nunez long enough to know he's definitely shit? He's young enough to learn under pep.

Kovacic the jury is out on because his first four or five games he looked like he'd played with us for years and he's been injured and moved around I'm the last few. He's certainly not going to be a game changer and he's 29 so squad player when we find our best 11.
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:55 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Mase wrote:Ward Prowse at half the cost of Nunes would have been a better option.

Very different players.

Also, I don't feel we've given nunez long enough to know he's definitely shit? He's young enough to learn under pep.

Kovacic the jury is out on because his first four or five games he looked like he'd played with us for years and he's been injured and moved around I'm the last few. He's certainly not going to be a game changer and he's 29 so squad player when we find our best 11.

They’re not at all. Ward Prowse can play attacking mid and defensive mid. He can cover the whole midfield. Hes a midfielder that could cover a lot of positions so would have been a better option than Nunes.

I remember last season you saying Gomez and Phillips would be class :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:58 pm

Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Very different players.

They’re not at all. Ward Prowse can play attacking mid and defensive mid. He can cover the whole midfield. Hes a midfielder that could cover a lot of positions so would have been a better option than Nunes.

Ward Prowse excellent at set plays too
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dunnylad » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:21 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Very different players.

Is Ward Prowse really good enough or is he just different to what we have? Ie none of them are good enough and we should be aiming higher? Ward Prowse is good at set pieces is like saying Rory Delap was good at long throws….
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:32 pm

Dunnylad wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Very different players.

Is Ward Prowse really good enough or is he just different to what we have? Ie none of them are good enough and we should be aiming higher? Ward Prowse is good at set pieces is like saying Rory Delap was good at long throws….[/quote
No it is not. There is zero correlation between Rory Delap’s throws and a statement of fact backed up by most football fans that WP is good at set pieces.
That is all I said, I did not say and or allude to that WP would be a good signing for us.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:54 pm

We did well to avoid Rice - completely overrated, just a pity we landed Nunes to fill the Paqueta hole. Ward Prowse & Maddison are both real bottom-shelfers, the first in terms of ability (outside free kicks) and the second is basically a selfish show pony, talented but no character.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Original Dub » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:02 pm

Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Very different players.

Now you're lying Liam.

All I ever said about them was to give them a chance. I knew fuck all about either of them.

Now, perhaps you can find the post, or apologise for the lies.

Don't be one of those pal.
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:18 pm

Odd thing about Nunes is that despite him being a last minute buy we've allegedly been on his trail since his Sporting days. He surely can't be as bad as he's looked with us so far tho' :lol: :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum