***Villa v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Villa v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:41 pm

Nick wrote:There is Zero passion or leadership in that team. We lose leaders every year and replace with dross.

zero passion is it 100000%
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Indianablue » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:41 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Indianablue wrote:Great questions to Pep after the game what an arse of an interviewer. I'd be doing an Elon Musk and telling them to fuck off

What was said?

So Pep what went wrong, - got beaten by a better team
What lessons have you learned from this defeat and no wins from last 4 games
Do you still think you will win the league
Bla bla bla bl bla.
Interviewer ignored the beaten by a better side tonight response. The whole stadium, media, pundits complete wankfest over our defeat. Just hope our players feel it as much as we do. Walker not a good captain for us. Got to be Rodri . I'd go for Dias after that but i'm struggling.
I'd give my right arm for a Silva, Kompany or Aguero
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Nick » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:47 pm

Indianablue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Indianablue wrote:Great questions to Pep after the game what an arse of an interviewer. I'd be doing an Elon Musk and telling them to fuck off

What was said?

So Pep what went wrong, - got beaten by a better team
What lessons have you learned from this defeat and no wins from last 4 games
Do you still think you will win the league
Bla bla bla bl bla.
Interviewer ignored the beaten by a better side tonight response. The whole stadium, media, pundits complete wankfest over our defeat. Just hope our players feel it as much as we do. Walker not a good captain for us. Got to be Rodri . I'd go for Dias after that but i'm struggling.
I'd give my right arm for a Silva, Kompany or Aguero

Yep. Was just thinking about the old guard before the game
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Indianablue » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:04 pm

https://www.goal.com/en/lists/man-city- ... c883519340

Completely agree with the player ratings and summary of the game
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby s1ty m » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:11 pm

Do we ever tackle? Just asking.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby blues2win » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:39 pm

Villa won possession from City 13 times in the final third. Some kind of record. Hustled and bustled off the ball.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Original Dub » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:45 pm

It feels a lot like the Southampton game last season, around the spurs win, then subsequent loss.

This is where pep has time and again came up with something.

And it's time for him to do it again.

I certainly don't want the club to be convicted and relegated, that's for sure :lol:
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby stupot » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:11 am

Shocking tonight. In the Chelsea, dippers and Spuds games we played well overall, created loads of chances and should have won all 3 games. Tonight we got exactly what we deserved. The players we should be relying on to step up were all pathetic, Stones had 2 left feet, Walker didn't have a clue going forward, the central defenders gave it to them time and time again and the last few minutes when we should have been chucking everything at them was embarrassing. We kept going backwards, nobody would play a ball into the box. Bernardo and Alvarez did nothing, Haaland and Foden did that 1 decent move early on. Nunes and Kovacic were hopeless when they came on. There's no way if Kev was playing in a heavily depleted team he creates nothing.
At least Rodders and Jack are back Sunday and hopefully Villa play like that against Arsenal
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Redna » Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:21 am

stupot wrote:Shocking tonight. In the Chelsea, dippers and Spuds games we played well overall, created loads of chances and should have won all 3 games. Tonight we got exactly what we deserved. The players we should be relying on to step up were all pathetic, Stones had 2 left feet, Walker didn't have a clue going forward, the central defenders gave it to them time and time again and the last few minutes when we should have been chucking everything at them was embarrassing. We kept going backwards, nobody would play a ball into the box. Bernardo and Alvarez did nothing, Haaland and Foden did that 1 decent move early on. Nunes and Kovacic were hopeless when they came on. There's no way if Kev was playing in a heavily depleted team he creates nothing.
At least Rodders and Jack are back Sunday and hopefully Villa play like that against Arsenal

They won´t
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby PeterParker » Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:37 am

You can’t win every title.
You just can’t. Is there anyone who didn’t expect this at the start of the season? It’s normal, this is how footballers are. They become complacent, they think they completed football. The year after we won the local treble we were dreadful, remember? Even worse than now.
I think we need to think about our expectations this year because it’s very unlikely to do it all over again.

That being said, I think we also seem to sabotage ourselves. I don’t know how many of you recall an interview Walker gave a month and so ago? He said every year we play catch-up and maybe this year we will runaway with it. That was the moment I became a bit concerned.
The other thing is our recruitment was a mess, instead of bringing top class players, we bought mediocre ones that can’t reach the level Gundog or the Algerian Prince had. They simply can’t. Doku is pure chaos, but with his chaos he opens up spaces for the other to strike, but what can we say about the rest?
To be fair the last couple of years, our recruitment was a miss rather than succes: Ferran, Phillips, Steffen. Not good enough. I also think we were led on by that cunt Bellingham and we’ve put all our eggs in one basket. But we had a full summer to fix that.

Last night was a game, one of the very few, when we lost because we were inferior. I can recall one other game like that when the opposition deserved it: Brentford at home last year. That game turned our season. We are still in a decent position, however, I don’t believe this dressing room is capable of sort things. Not this year.

Manage our expectations, go back to the drawing board and find our hunger.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:27 am

The morning after I'm still fuming. But my silver lining is so far its a one off. The 3 draws we played ok and should have had 7 points if not 9 with a bit more luck.

Yesterday was truly diabolical. Let's see what we are made of in the next few games. Anyone can have an off night, it's how you respond that counts. Luton next up next and we need to be hungry and on it. Another performance like last night and more questions will be raised. But we have a reasonable set of fixtures coming in and we are capable of going on a winning run
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:30 am

hoping to have woken up and found that it was just a nightmare :-(
it was - but i was actually awake
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:46 am

Nick wrote:Thr bizarre thing with nunes is, he's quickly going the way of Phillips. Yet, he was peps man. A player pep said was "the best in the world" just a year ago..

A few posters on here just can’t accept that Pep fucks up with transfers. And there’s been a lot recently!

Kovacic, Nunez, Gomez, Phillips, Akanji all not good enough signings. We waste time on these Perrone type players that we’ll never ever see!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby s1ty m » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:52 am

Mase wrote:
Nick wrote:Thr bizarre thing with nunes is, he's quickly going the way of Phillips. Yet, he was peps man. A player pep said was "the best in the world" just a year ago..

A few posters on here just can’t accept that Pep fucks up with transfers. And there’s been a lot recently!

Kovacic, Nunez, Gomez, Phillips, Akanji all not good enough signings. We waste time on these Perrone type players that we’ll never ever see!

This is a huge problem. Those 5 names alone are very poor.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:22 am

Mase wrote:

Some fans cannot accept the fact he FUCKS up with team selections , their defense is he won the fuckign treble so how dare anyone criticizes him !!!

Fact is , he is not the best manager out there when it comes to making substitutions, he usually makes them when we are losing and usually too late in the game, even when the team is begging for it to be changed earlier.

Lastly , for some fucking reason that no one understands, he leaves our best defender on the bench and instead continues to play Akanji who has been abysmal for months on end.

Hes got to change his fuckign mindset as I reckon our shit defense is fuckign up our mentality across the pitch.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PeterParker » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:28 am

s1ty m wrote:
Mase wrote:

The first 4 names cost us over 100 mil ...
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:30 am

PeterParker wrote:
s1ty m wrote:
Mase wrote:

80 million on Gvardiol who has been a huge liability on the Left wing since we bought him.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PeterParker » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:38 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
s1ty m wrote:
Mase wrote:

80 million on Gvardiol who has been a huge liability on the Left wing since we bought him.

That's on Pep for playing him out of position. Those from above are, sadly, not good enough to play at all for us.
Akanji should start only on games we know we are going to win and stay clear of big ones.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:52 am

Also, Walker has kicked up that much of a fuss that he’s now exempt from being dropped, no matter how bad he plays. Hes no leader as well - this pathetic “vote for who you want” just encourages people to vote for their mates.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:59 am

Mase wrote:Also, Walker has kicked up that much of a fuss that he’s now exempt from being dropped, no matter how bad he plays. Hes no leader as well - this pathetic “vote for who you want” just encourages people to vote for their mates.

The thing is, do we have a leader in the dressing room at the moment?
Dias, maybe. Rodri?
And that is about it.
Last edited by PeterParker on Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum