***Treble Winners v Trophy Dodgers Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Trophy Dodgers Official Match Thread

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:45 pm

Indianablue wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Great popping in here every so often to see how many of our players are dogs and shouldn't play for the team again.
And Pep wow he doesn't have a clue about team selection and should start to listen to the sages on here. :lol:

Just thought I'd say hello and see how interesting the responses will be to somebody not posting negatively on here. Seem to remember we won the treble last season , must have been a fluke.

Over to you guys to see if anyone can beat Carl with a response

Very positive, the reason we stroll around like bily big bollocks is because we won the treble and the players believe they are world beaters. Complacency divides the very good from the truly great. TRoo many of our team are not concentrating or working hard enough. Tottenham wasn't the first game that this has been part of our DNA this season.

Akanji playing in the wrong position, not creative or fast enough to be a DM - just a solid utility sub
Ake , consistent for most of the time yet not a first choice
Doku, great going forward but not a defender, why use him as a cover?
Walker relies on his pace to cover his mistakes, like a sieve when it comes to crosses
Grealish, predictable, immature and a fucking idiot at times ( but likeable )
Alvarez, great forward and a real hustler, best played further forward
Haaland, inconsitent compared to last season and has missed some sitters but still our best asset up front. Rarely hit with an early thru ball and gets frustrated
Bernardo - great player but often stifled.
Lewis - great player still learning , has a great game then rested WTF?
Peps use of subs is still puzzling , Stones on the bench but not used - is he fit? if so play him or bring him on or pay me to warm my arse on the bench

Why do we insist on trying to pass the ball over the line ? Too many touches, its a simple game , this one is on Pep

Tottenham and Liverpool and Leipzig were keen to play football yet we struggled badly against them at times something just aint right and it's not being negative to point it out

Surprised you took the time to post that reply to a person whose too thick to understand that passions run deep during a match thread - he only slimes his way onto the thread after the match to slate any fan who questioned peps tactics — this TiT has history of doing the same thing every time he “pops in “

Laughable
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Indianablue » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:57 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Indianablue wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Great popping in here every so often to see how many of our players are dogs and shouldn't play for the team again.
And Pep wow he doesn't have a clue about team selection and should start to listen to the sages on here. :lol:

Just thought I'd say hello and see how interesting the responses will be to somebody not posting negatively on here. Seem to remember we won the treble last season , must have been a fluke.

Very positive, the reason we stroll around like bily big bollocks is because we won the treble and the players believe they are world beaters. Complacency divides the very good from the truly great. TRoo many of our team are not concentrating or working hard enough. Tottenham wasn't the first game that this has been part of our DNA this season.

Akanji playing in the wrong position, not creative or fast enough to be a DM - just a solid utility sub
Walker relies on his pace to cover his mistakes, like a sieve when it comes to crosses
Haaland, inconsitent compared to last season and has missed some sitters but still our best asset up front. Rarely hit with an early thru ball and gets frustrated
Peps use of subs is still puzzling , Stones on the bench but not used - is he fit? if so play him or bring him on or pay me to warm my arse on the bench

Why do we insist on trying to pass the ball over the line ? Too many touches, its a simple game , this one is on Pep

Tottenham and Liverpool and Leipzig were keen to play football yet we struggled badly against them at times something just aint right and it's not being negative to point it out

Surprised you took the time to post that reply to a person whose too thick to understand that passions run deep during a match thread - he only slimes his way onto the thread after the match to slate any fan who questioned peps tactics — this TiT has history of doing the same thing every time he “pops in “

Laughable

Maybe, i was hoping to take my frustrations out on the golf course today in an effort to chill out , but the frost and rain put paid to that idea. To be honest i was only mildly annoyed at half time having been done again by Son and missing endless chances but the way we fall apart at the moment just completely pissed me off. I'm still fuming TBH. Ain't got time for fans who think cristicism is unjustified if we won trophies. My Dad always taught me never to rest on my Laurels
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:47 pm

Indianablue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Indianablue wrote:

Laughable

Maybe, i was hoping to take my frustrations out on the golf course today in an effort to chill out , but the frost and rain put paid to that idea. To be honest i was only mildly annoyed at half time having been done again by Son and missing endless chances but the way we fall apart at the moment just completely pissed me off. I'm still fuming TBH. Ain't got time for fans who think cristicism is unjustified if we won trophies. My Dad always taught me never to rest on my Laurels

We sort out the defense and we can afford to miss a few chances here and there............right now its a defensive shambles and Pep has to shoulder a lot of the blame for his poor selection choices.

He needs to focus on this and only on this before we play Villa.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:06 pm

stupot wrote:I'm not Akanji's biggest fan myself but he played more games than any other defender for us last season and it didn't end up too badly.

Could have ended up very badly with his fuck up in the CL final. Ederson to the rescue.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:20 am

Tomorrow night the Tarquins might well be going 6 pts and the dippers 4 pts clear of us if we get turned over at Villa - both have got easy away fixtures against the bottom two and we're without Rodri &.Jack. Time for glint of steel & helmet if that happens - brace yourselves blues.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:08 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Tomorrow night the Tarquins might well be going 6 pts and the dippers 4 pts clear of us if we get turned over at Villa - both have got easy away fixtures against the bottom two and we're without Rodri &.Jack. Time for glint of steel & helmet if that happens - brace yourselves blues.

Walker stones and Ake - back 3 (Dias and Akanji need dropping )

And Lewis NEEDS to fucking start .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby trueblue64 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:18 pm

I think we maybe without Doku to.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:38 pm

trueblue64 wrote:I think we maybe without Doku to.

Good. Bobb to the rescue.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Outcast » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:39 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Tomorrow night the Tarquins might well be going 6 pts and the dippers 4 pts clear of us if we get turned over at Villa - both have got easy away fixtures against the bottom two and we're without Rodri &.Jack. Time for glint of steel & helmet if that happens - brace yourselves blues.

Walker stones and Ake - back 3 (Dias and Akanji need dropping )

And Lewis NEEDS to fucking start .

Guaranteed Akanji starts, another 2 goals shipped.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised we'll smash them against all odds.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:40 pm

Mase wrote:
trueblue64 wrote:I think we maybe without Doku to.

Good. Bobb to the rescue.

It would be suprising if he played Bobb. Would have thought Lewis and Kovacic will start in midfield, Foden and Bernie out wide. Hopefully Stones can play, it could make a huge difference if he could.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum